Tim Bradstreet

Jane Busted

You're going to find out about it anyway so why not be up-front about it and just say it.

Tom was busted early this morning for DUI and possibly also speeding (though the main internet focus has been the DUI).

I know that Tom was on his way back from our friend Dave Stevens' funeral and that Tom took the whole thing very hard.

I spoke to him early this morning as he was driving back (before the cops nailed him). He didn't sound drunk so I can't think he was much over the legal limit.

Tom was cooperative with the police and is already out on bail pending his arraignment April 9.

- TB

Thanks for being up front about this, Tim. I had already read it and needless to say, I am deeply saddened by this. I am truly sorry to hear about yours and Thomas' loss and I'm sure it has been a difficult time for him. But he and his family, as well as the RAW family, are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. I feel terrible that this has happened to someone I admire greatly and have deep respect for, but I understand that we are all human and make mistakes, and that this has been an especially dark time for him, and you.

What has been even more disheartening for me is to see the number of news articles and gossip media outlets and bloggers looking for some attention, who have been so quick to jump on this story and blow it out of proportion. And even more disheartening are the rumors and innuendo that have been added to the story that just turn my stomach. Comments about his and Patricia's marriage being on the rocks and alleging that he has a past history of drug use which have no place in the discussion and probably no basis in fact. Thanks for being upfront about this, and tell Thomas to be strong. His fans still love him. :P

mediumfan

I hadn't heard anything about it yet, but I don't spend alot of time on here so that's probably why. I've never understood the need to spend so much time on people's personal lives anyway. But I guess the media will have it's pound of flesh no matter what you do.

As for the incident itself, I can easily see how he could have been driving erratically whether drunk or not. I lost a close family friend and accidentally ran through a cattle gate dead sober the night I found out. Not much I can say to either of you really except do what you need to in order to grieve.

Oh and if it helps, Flogging Molly's "If I ever leave this world alive" is something I use when things get bad

Dear Tim,

Thank you for being open and honets with all of us. With truth and honesty, anything and everything can be understood and resolved. Tom has our full support, ensure he knows that. We share his loss and let our strenght, be your strenghts always.

Thank you for letting us know what happened Tim, and the circumstances surrounding what happened. From what I can tell, no "news" source is giving the background info that Tom had been at Dave Stevens' funeral.

This is a difficult time for Dave Stevens' family and everyone who knew him. From what I understand, Dave had just recently finished work on the cover of issue #6 of Bad Planet?

I hope Tom, and everyone else affected by Dave's passing, get through this - and take care of each other, and themselves.

Jen

Yeah, I saw it yesterday, Tim. Media loves to have a field day with this type of thing. While we can't control the amount of venom on other sites (SHH anyone?), I'm glad it can stay classy here.

When this type of thing happens, the last thing a person needs is the world to jump up on their shoulders and start pushing them down.

Tom, chin up, bud. This is one of those things that will pass. Sorry to hear about the loss of Dave Stevens, and I hope you all are going to be alright. We'll be praying for you.

-Mike

I haven't heard or seen anything on this yet.

Tom Jane is an adult and I am sure knows full well what his limitations are. I think this is so unfortunate and hopefully will blow over with out much notice. Lord knows I have made enough mistakes in my life that I am not in a postion to be passing judgement on anyody else. Thankfully Tom Jane has a low profile and should dodge most of the media bullshit. It's not like he was smoking pot on Gilligans Island with Mary Ann...just trying to show how STUPID the media can be about this stuff.

I guess my point is, this is not our business, we should let it rest undisturbed

I wish to extend my heart felt sorrow to you all for the loss of your close friend, this year has not started off too well I'm afraid.

Busted for DUI... what actor isn't these days.

Well yeah, but actor or no, thousands of people across the states get busted for DUI every weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News resources love to throw out the "Hollywood" statistics but it's been happening in our own back yards since cars and alcohol were introduced to each other.

I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a person out there who doesn't know SOMEBODY personally that has gotten nailed for DUI.

I've been lucky in my past, very lucky.

Not attempting to minimize the situation, just saying that anyone who believes it's a problem that is symptomatic of stars, athletes, or Hollywood in general is living in a dreamworld. Wake up and read your local newspaper ;)

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

Well that really sucks all around, doesn't it? This is the first I'd heard of it.

If I'm being 100% honest, I'm glad he was stopped and happy nothing worse happened to him or anyone else. I think he can deal with this just fine. Hell if Ty Pennington can shake it off of his image, Tom shouldn't have a problem.

Grieving can mess with your judgment pretty badly, so I'm guessing under normal circumstances he'd of waited a bit longer to get behind the wheel or had a bit less to drink, or even not done it at all. God knows he doesn't have a reputation for this kind of thing, so I can't imagine this would follow him through the rest of his career, but it might get a little messy before it's over and gone. Hope not though.

And yeah, drunk driving is certainly part of the modern human condition, I don't care what your station in life it.

The fucking media LOVES this kind of story doesn't it? They wait around for this stuff. I won't bother looking the stories up, I'm sure it'll be on CNN or something tonight anyway.

TOM, be well! Prayers and condolences.

Tim, as always you're a class act and one of the best admin's on any board I read. You guys just know how to do it right around here.

Njc------------------

Well yeah, but actor or no, thousands of people across the states get busted for DUI every weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News resources love to throw out the "Hollywood" statistics but it's been happening in our own back yards since cars and alcohol were introduced to each other.

I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a person out there who doesn't know SOMEBODY personally that has gotten nailed for DUI.

I've been lucky in my past, very lucky.

Not attempting to minimize the situation, just saying that anyone who believes it's a problem that is symptomatic of stars, athletes, or Hollywood in general is living in a dreamworld. Wake up and read your local newspaper ;)

- TB

Yeah, my friend actually got one like last week. I'm calling him 'asshole' until he gets his license back.

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand."

Henri Nouwen

Reminds me of not too long ago when Mickey Rourke was pulled over for DUI. The posted him all over the internet and TV. But then they failed to show that the cops had been following him for some time and that the breathalyzer was faulty. Mickey was actually way under the limit but was brought in anyway. That's just a rare incident though.

The media is a giant machine. Really, it's not anyone's business why someone was drunk driving. People have problems, everyone does. But either way the media is a great tool in some aspects. I'm not going to bad mouth it because that's just stupid and pointless. Media is neccessary, I just think it is missed used in many ways.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is they seek it out when it happens to a known person but when it doesn't no one knows about any of it, just part of life though. I've known several people who have gotten a DUI for one reason or another. But still, it just needs to be nipped in the bud. I've known many people who have had a DUI, my uncles to be specific, but they get it under control and none of them have had it happen for years.

I'm still behind Tom though. He's got my support. Hope he can pull through.

JO

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this thread has a huge flaw which is quite disturbing to read. I still follow the RAW forums even though I barely post on them anymore.

Everyone that's posted here except Noeland, has done nothing but disregard the fact that drunk driving isn't just hazardous to the driver - but also to everyone around him.

Noeland is right in saying its a good thing he was stopped before anyone else got hurt.

I don't understand why some of you are bashing the media as if the media has done something wrong here. I suppose if this had led to some fatalities most of you would still be bashing the media for "Having a field day" with the whole thing.

The truth is there is no excuse for drunk driving. Not a funeral, not depression, nothing. One of my best friends that I'd known for 15 years was killed by a drunk driver while taking a walk with his girlfriend around his neighborhood. There was no media, no highlights. Just a phonecall from a buddy to tell me what went down. I would have LOVED to see cameras all over the place - so perhaps others watchin it on TV could stop and say "Hey, maybe I shouldn't drive right now. I've had too much to drink."

I look up to Jane, I enjoy his work. This is not somethin anyone should be cuttin him slack for. That don't mean we gotta throw rocks at him either, but this thread isn't a show of support - and if it is - it shouldn't be. Instead its a large slap in the face to the dangers of drunk driving. Yeah thousands of people get DUIs, so that means one should go un-noticed?

The way I see it, this whole thing may just be the wake up call Jane needs to quit drinkin. I've been sober for 3 months, and I'm fuckin happy!

Well, JO I gotta single you out here - reading your post "I'm still behind Tom, he's got my support." Is just wrong man. You're basically saying you're behind drunk driving.

Support needs to go in the right direction, praise Jane for his work not for this.

-TL

The way I see it, this whole thing may just be the wake up call Jane needs to quit drinkin. I've been sober for 3 months, and I'm fuckin happy!

Well, JO I gotta single you out here - reading your post "I'm still behind Tom, he's got my support." Is just wrong man. You're basically saying you're behind drunk driving.

Support needs to go in the right direction, praise Jane for his work not for this.

-TL

Naw TL, I wasn't saying that a DUI is a good thing. I was simply saying that I support him in getting over the hump and getting back on track. I don't support drunk driving and I don't think it is a good thing. I had a friend who was killed in a car wreck and the other driver was drunk so I am against it 100%. Sorry if I came off like that.

JO

This is not somethin anyone should be cuttin him slack for. That don't mean we gotta throw rocks at him either, but this thread isn't a show of support - and if it is - it shouldn't be. Instead its a large slap in the face to the dangers of drunk driving. Yeah thousands of people get DUIs, so that means one should go un-noticed?

Good points all around TL, and I agree whole heartedly.

Don't cry (figure of speech) for Jane, just hope he learns from it.

And having mentioned TJ was on his way home from Dave Stevens' funeral was by no means meant to suggest any kind of valid excuse.

Just attempting to give a somewhat complete picture of events.

And even though no one was hurt, it surely could have been different.

As TL says, let's not hang him for what might have happened.

Just don't be a callous enough to get behind the wheel when you've had a few.

Don't learn this lesson the hard way. And I'm not just talking fines and suspension of driving privileges.

- TB

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this thread has a huge flaw which is quite disturbing to read. I still follow the RAW forums even though I barely post on them anymore.

Everyone that's posted here except Noeland, has done nothing but disregard the fact that drunk driving isn't just hazardous to the driver - but also to everyone around him.

Noeland is right in saying its a good thing he was stopped before anyone else got hurt.

I don't understand why some of you are bashing the media as if the media has done something wrong here. I suppose if this had led to some fatalities most of you would still be bashing the media for "Having a field day" with the whole thing.

The truth is there is no excuse for drunk driving. Not a funeral, not depression, nothing. One of my best friends that I'd known for 15 years was killed by a drunk driver while taking a walk with his girlfriend around his neighborhood. There was no media, no highlights. Just a phonecall from a buddy to tell me what went down. I would have LOVED to see cameras all over the place - so perhaps others watchin it on TV could stop and say "Hey, maybe I shouldn't drive right now. I've had too much to drink."

I look up to Jane, I enjoy his work. This is not somethin anyone should be cuttin him slack for. That don't mean we gotta throw rocks at him either, but this thread isn't a show of support - and if it is - it shouldn't be. Instead its a large slap in the face to the dangers of drunk driving. Yeah thousands of people get DUIs, so that means one should go un-noticed?

-TL

TL, you're reading this all wrong, man. No one is condoning drunk driving, period. And no one is saying that TJ didn't screw up. He did. But that don't mean we have to kick him when he's down. He's already gettin' enough of that from the media. Drinking and driving is definitely a boneheaded move, and TJ made an error in judgement. No one's disputing that. But this is a place where he should be able to get some support when everyone else is bashing him. I, and I'm sure everyone else here, is just offering Thomas a friendly shoulder and a little boost when he needs it. He's very lucky that he, or someone else, wasn't hurt or killed. And I'm sure he and his family, as well as everyone here, are very well aware of what could have happened had he not been stopped. He's lucky that there was someone out there to stop him before something awful happened. And I hope that he does learn from this and never lets it happen again.

But don't mistake a show of friendly support for anyone condoning drinking and driving. That wasn't the intent of this thread at all. At least it wasn't mine.

Mediumfan

TL- you're right. And not that I feel I need to defend my post, here's one I posted elsewhere on the matter where people were quick to judge the situation.

"That's right guys, piss on someone when they're down. Guy was coming back from a funeral, its not justification, it is what it is. While I agree, drinking and driving is unacceptable. But I'd be a hypocrite to say I havent done it, as would most. Hopefully whatever the issue is with Tom, in regards to this, he'll pull himself up by the boot straps and do what he can to make himself better."

I don't want you thinking folks are okay with the DUI. I can see your point where it may have come across like that. But that kind of support can't be tolerated. I also dont think a thread full of folks flaming Tom for it does much good either. That's not me pointing fingers, bud. That's just an observation.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, see, this is just one of those topics. It's political, personal, and easy to get pissed over, and it brings out very strong emotions in people.

And no Tom hasn't been convicted yet, but this isn't a who-dun-it caper where there is some big mystery involved. I seriously doubt he'll be convicted of anything BTW, but that really wasn't the issue or the point (for me) anyway. I think the discussion was more about personal mistakes and public opinion than a court of law.

We know Tom is a good guy, a stand up guy, and he's been vouched for personally by some people I highly respect. But he's a human being and we all make mistakes, I say this all the time "We all make mistakes but some of them are just bigger than others, and sometimes they kill you." I'm just glad this mistake didn't lead to serious injury or death, and that was really my entire point.

But there really isn't a "right way" to discuss this type of subject. It's about feelings and morals, and people. You just have to let folks feel how they feel and not come down on them for it, or take it personally, but respect them for their feelings on the subject, even if, or especially it, you disagree with them.

I hope that makes sense, and doesn't come across like a flame. :)

And TL, I don't think anyone was making excuses for Tom, we're just discussing the subject at hand as openly and as honestly as possible.

And IMHO, the media does in fact suck for reporting on celebrities. I don't care what they are reporting about, celeb coverage usually feels like tabloid reporting anymore, to me.

But on that subject I still haven't seen any reports about this on TV or online. That's probably a good sign.

Noeland--------------------

Very, very well said Noeland. You just saved me some time from typing a page worth of stuff. Thanks bub.

I might also add that Shia Labeouf has a warrant out for his arrest because he failed to show up for court on terms of unlawful use of smoking. See shit like this happens every day and everywhere whether it's Shia or Tom or whoever.... It's just that these names are big to the world and God forbid when things like this happens, fuckin get ready for judgment day.

-Raf

Guest FADoss

A couple quick points...I'm running low on time right now.

I have a friend who did a similar thing under similar circumstances and didn't get caught...really. Was brushed under the table because he was an officer (military) and out commander was a softy. I thought less of him after that, truly. I still love the guy, but it was truly a sign of weakness that I didn't expect from him.

AND being in the limelight, much like my comments on Heath Ledger, guys like Tom are role models whether they want to be or not. Doing something like this...well someone said on here, "What star isn't these days?" Do you really want to be in that category.

Tom, I love you and support you. Hope you're back on track and sorry for your loss. But dude, be careful out there! No need to turn one tragedy into another.

Sorry to preach.

Fred

I didn't mean to upset anyone. I think my tone came across the wrong way. Just meant to say that we really don't know the specific circumstances surrounding this situation yet.