sidewaysgaze

Photos of Tom

Straight and simple from Allan a few minutes ago when I asked him how he got the shot and what he was trying to portray with it. 

"It was a new lighting style I was experimenting with for portraits.. Tom was sitting in a church pew and just being his badass self"

19 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Straight and simple from Allan a few minutes ago when I asked him how he got the shot and what he was trying to portray with it. 

"It was a new lighting style I was experimenting with for portraits.. Tom was sitting in a church pew and just being his badass self"

Excellent results, badass indeed - thanks as always for getting it from the horse’s mouth Don Woodman!! 😀

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Well... I embrace my weirdness 😉 and will cherish my own vision and feelings for this amazing photo.

38 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Well... I embrace my weirdness 😉 and will cherish my own vision and feelings for this amazing photo.

Its not weird. I like your interpretation. 

It's OK Geoff 🙂

Sometimes life's more beautiful when we imagine it.

3 hours ago, Enaira said:

I'd like to come back on this one... because to me it's worth it.

Yes TJ looks handsome. It is however not the point for me with this picture, so I'd like to go past the handsome elephant in the room... if you don't mind.

Each picture conveys a message. Even more so when it's shot and reworked by a professional photographer having as motive a professional actor. When I first saw it yesterday it hit me. I don't see Thomas in here. Because Thomas is mostly smiling on his pictures or reading a comic or walking around or speaking in front of an audience or showing us his lovely Cat. He knows how to be "professionally natural".

To me this picture shows all the other universes in Thomas Jane's head. He is multiple and here suddenly they are all here. Gathering in front of the camera.

I see an unknown man standing here. He's tanned so he's not working in an office. Maybe he's a farmer, maybe he's named Wilf. But he could also have a military experience, his necklace reminds a bit of the name tags they wear. And he has short hairs. Possibly he knows how to handle a weapon. It's also possible that he's working outside near the sea. Sailors are tanned too. He could have been working with sharks the past 30 years. Who knows. So he's mysterious. That's one important point. Fact is, he's neither young nor old. Probably between 45 and 55. He's not laughing, not smiling. He is concentrating on the next action, thinking about something that needs to be done. He is very concentrated because he knows. All his past experiences are with him. He knows what comes next but we don't know. And that's mysterious too. What is he going to do? I see some sorrows in his brows, but he's not afraid. He is determined. So probably he has a tough choice ahead of him and we cannot help him. He's alone. Aren't we all in a way? 

To me this picture is a whole life captured in one instant and magnified by two unbelievable artists. I'm really impressed, but that you have understood already.

That sums it up pretty well Enaira! Yes Allan and Thomas should read it, and they should consider creating more of these artworks.

I second that.

They haven't done any shoots since 2017 but I know Allan wants to do some more shots soon so you never know. 

17 minutes ago, Anna Clara said:

Even his hands are pretty!

(Excuse me for not being as deep as Enaira... I’m here to have some fun 😍)

Hey, you're a girl after my own heart!  I love that Ariane sees behind the artistry and enjoy reading her frankly brilliant views but I just know what I like to see 😄 Call me shallow, but it would be a boring old world if we were all the same! And I love his hands too, don't know why, just always had a bit of a thing about masculine, but well cared for hands........

54 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Hey, you're a girl after my own heart!  I love that Ariane sees behind the artistry and enjoy reading her frankly brilliant views but I just know what I like to see 😄 Call me shallow, but it would be a boring old world if we were all the same! And I love his hands too, don't know why, just always had a bit of a thing about masculine, but well cared for hands........

Don’t get me started on body parts!🤣

or Geoff will have to ban me 😝

8 minutes ago, Anna Clara said:

Don’t get me started on body parts!🤣

or Geoff will have to ban me 😝

Hey, if he takes you down I'm probably going with you!! 😂😂

13 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

it would be a boring old world if we were all the same!

Agreed !

😉

gettyimages-461649623-2048x2048.jpg

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

gettyimages-461649657-2048x2048.jpg

Here I can see... a kind and beautiful unicorn jumping down from a rainbow...

Just kidding folks...

It's a great picture of Tom Jane.

16 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Just kidding folks...

hahahaha

12 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Just kidding folks...

You funny 😂😂. And is there any other kind of picture of him?? 😌

By Allan 2014. 

12105853_1067822633228755_5094539088923110763_n.jpg

10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

By Allan 2014. 

12105853_1067822633228755_5094539088923110763_n.jpg

Somewhat dishevelled but still a yes from me!  😘

Ha!

Is "shooting ambidextrously" a better word than "shooting bi-handed"?

Bi-handedly?

Stereo-handedly?

36 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Ha!

Is "shooting ambidextrously" a better word than "shooting bi-handed"?

Bi-handedly?

Stereo-handedly?

Dual-handedly?? Dunno, you’ve got me there!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.