Sign in to follow this  
Tiara

Family Guy Spins Off Cleveland

cleveland.jpg

By Gina Serpe, E! Online

Fox is getting ready to put Cleveland on the map.

The network, along with 20th Century Fox, is currently developing a spinoff of its enduringly popular Family Guy to revolve around Peter Griffin's bathtub-loving, accident-prone neighbor, Cleveland Brown.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the new animated series, tentatively titled Cleveland, will be coming from the same comic minds that brought Stewie & Co. into the mainstream, with Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, former Simpsons writer and American Dad exec producer Rich Appel and Family Guy writer-producer, not to mention the voice of Cleveland himself, Mike Henry, on board to write the new show.

Not much is known about Cleveland other than the fact it will revolve around the Brown clan. It's unclear whether the series will remain set in the town of Quahog or whether Cleveland, along with his wife and son, will continue to appear on Family Guy, though as both series are animated, the double-billing won't so much be a logistical problem as a creative decision.

As it is, Cleveland is by far the most level-headed—and slow-talking—of Peter's animated friends and is regularly played off African-American stereotypes. The henpecked hubby was previously married to Loretta Brown, whom he divorced in season four after discovering she was having an affair with one of his friend, and has a hyperactive and ADD-afflicted son, Cleveland Jr.

Since triumphantly returning to the Fox airwaves in 2005, after execs hastily canceled it and fans quickly proved what a boneheaded move that was by buying the DVDs at a record pace, Family Guy has become a $1 billion franchise. Cleveland will mark the first spinoff from the series.

Back in 2005, MacFarlane flirted with expanding the franchise, releasing Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, direct to DVD.

There's no word on when Cleveland is expected to hit the airwaves.

Family Guy is my favorite show of all time and I like Cleveland, but I'm not sure that I like this move too much. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the pilot turns out. Who knows? It could end up being hilarious.

Family Guy is my favorite show of all time and I like Cleveland, but I'm not sure that I like this move too much. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the pilot turns out. Who knows? It could end up being hilarious.

I hear you; I am concerned but you're right, all we can do is wait and see. I really love Family Guy and he is one of my favorite characters.

SLAP to James... :D :D

You're just bad James... :lol: :lol:

You're just wrong James... :D

Oh come on, there's even a Quagmire theme song to go with the show

He's quagmire quagmire

you never really know what he's gonna do next

he's quagmire quagmire

giggity giggity giggity giggity

lets have sex

But if not a Quagmire spinoff... how about an Evil Monkey spinoff?

evil-monkey.jpg

OMG...not the Evil Monkey...James...NO... :D

Mental note: never eat or drink while reading this forum. Repeat several times until it sinks in.... :rolleyes:

Why what happen?

I start laughing and either spit out my drink or choke on my food... :P

Oh I see.

Well Peter said best

"But there's nothing funny about that...... hehehehe!"

Yeah ok... :P :P :P

Well, well, well...*rolling up my sleeves*

Prepare for battle...

chris.jpg

Heheheh! I just watched that episode.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

evil.jpg

I liked when the Evil Monkey took a break from being evil

:lol: :lol:

familyGuy_vol_2_kangaroo.jpg

Heheheh! I'm running out of Family Guy characters for spin Offs.

I know... :lol:

I collect so many pictures and posters it is truly funny to me. I am so addicted to the show.

family-guy-stewie-most-wanted-99182.jpg