sidewaysgaze

The Mist

The Mist, based on Stephen King's novella, will be the 1st film out soon from Tom in a looong time - FINALLY!!

Release date is supposed to be November 21, 2007...so close, yet so far - LOL

Jen

Seems Tom is always working but his films take forever to come out. I will be seeing the Mist opening night for sure. It's one of my all time fav Stephen King short stories.

Aaron

I do believe I will have to have one of those Posters, thanks for the pic Jen.

Aaron

Cannot wait to see this TOM!!! I LOVE Stephen King and the trailer looks really promising!

Man, oh, man, it was hard to find the official The Mist site online! :lol: I didn't know there were so many "mist"-related movies and books, etc...!

Anyway, here's the link to the official site; I think the trailer plays, but it says "Website Coming Soon" otherwise - they better hop to it and open the site soon!! :blink: The buzz has got to build...

Here's the link:

http://www.themist-movie.com/

Jen

Man, oh, man, it was hard to find the official The Mist site online! :lol: I didn't know there were so many "mist"-related movies and books, etc...!

Anyway, here's the link to the official site; I think the trailer plays, but it says "Website Coming Soon" otherwise - they better hop to it and open the site soon!! :blink: The buzz has got to build...

Here's the link:

http://www.themist-movie.com/

Jen

Thank you Jen for finding the site!

And here's more about The Mist from JoBlo.com, always on the pulse of the good stuff! ;)

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=9501

Their news blurb is actually partly taken from IGN.com, which has a few film photos, with Tom featured in them:

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/860/860880/imgs_1.html

Jen

And here's more about The Mist from JoBlo.com, always on the pulse of the good stuff! ;)

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=9501

Their news blurb is actually partly taken from IGN.com, which has a few film photos, with Tom featured in them:

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/860/860880/imgs_1.html

Jen

SUPER !

Thanks Jen for these links...Finally photos of this film.... :P

I like very much these photos...

I hope that this film will be distributes very quickly in France!!!

I very want to see it

Patti

Those pics are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing them. The movie looks amazing and I can't wait to see it. I'm not a big horror fan but I love Stephen King's movies (I'm not so crazy about his books though), and with Thomas in it, what more could I ask for?

And is he lookin' HOT in those pics or what?!!! OH MY GOD.

"Day-um!" is all I can say.

mediumfan

Does anyone know what the movie will have to compete with when it comes out?

The Mist will be up against:

Enchanted

August Rush

This Christmas

Hitman

I'm Not There

The only one I think will give it trouble would probably be I'm Not There, the Bob Dylan Biopic with Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, etc. But that's more for a certain group of people. I think it's home free.

;)

-JO

Definitely looks like it'll be the big winner that week. It's such a great story... I heard it the first time on tape a bunch of years ago, really looking forward to this movie.

Yeah, I started reading the book the other night and it scared the bejeesus outta me. I couldn't finish it at night, so I'll have to do it during the day. I thought I was gonna have nightmares.

But I can't wait for the movie. If it's half as good as the book (which I'm sure it will be), it's gonna be fantastic.

Mediumfan

I think THE HITMAN is going to be tough to beat. They have been advertising the guts out of it in print and on the web since the San Diego comic con. And Gamers seem to turn out in droves for these things then dissapear after the 1st week. I think the mist is going to do fine, but I do wish they would do a little advertising. Unless I'm missing it somewhere? I really haven't seen much about it until I joined this forum.

Timothy Olyphant will rise to power with HITMAN.

hitmanht7.jpg

But I don't think that ascension to the status of bad motherfucker will interfere with TJ's return to mainstream cinema. The Mist WILL prevail. My money's on both these guys.

-TL

Timothy Olyphant will rise to power with HITMAN.

hitmanht7.jpg

But I don't think that ascension to the status of bad motherfucker will interfere with TJ's return to mainstream cinema. The Mist WILL prevail. My money's on both these guys.

-TL

Tim Olyphant is a bad ass. Love that guy. Very talented and can play just about anything.

-JO

That's a cool pic of Tim. He really looks like Agent 47. :D