Tim Bradstreet

Hot Off The Boards - Feedback

Man it's nice to see a Bradstreet Punisher cover again. I'm not going to lie I was going through a bit of withdrawal there.

RoyBatty.jpg

Nice, I was wondering, you ever get around to that There Will Be Blood pic?

Not as of yet Mike. The just for fun stuff always has to take a back seat to paying work.

It's really hard to make time to do even sketches like this but when you have a deserving and dear friend I MAKE the time.

Someday Mike, some day.

I actually found another shot, real nice high res, more of a big head shot of DDL from There Will Be Blood, and I want to do that one too. ;)

All in good time.

- TB

Of course, paying the bills is important, I was watching There Will Be Blood last night and was reminded about it.

Guest AdminGuyX
RoyBatty.jpg

HOLY SHIT! Tim, that's just fucking awesome.

AWESOME!!!

Guest AdminGuyX

And by the way. THANK YOU! This was for my copy if anyone other than me didn't see that one coming.

:)

Dude, I gotta tell you I took special delight seeing your reaction when I forced you to look at the front of the book to find the ink sketch ;)

I also handed Noel the original frontispiece to the signed edition which is a Red Sky Diary illustration featuring Dr. Polidouris.

I've never sold, traded, or given away a single piece of art from Red Sky before so yeah, I guess you can say I appreciate the kid.

Cheers - TB

Guest AdminGuyX
Dude, I gotta tell you I took special delight seeing your reaction when I forced you to look at the front of the book to find the ink sketch ;)

I also handed Noel the original frontispiece to the signed edition which is a Red Sky Diary illustration featuring Dr. Polidouris.

I've never sold, traded, or given away a single piece of art from Red Sky before so yeah, I guess you can say I appreciate the kid.

Cheers - TB

Aww, thanks Tim!

I was just so excited to see the damn book, I always start at the back of a new book and flip forward. I got that from Andy, by the way. So I'll just blame him. ;)

After you had to tell me "Hey, LOOK . . ." I felt like an idiot for half a second. The illustration is just one of the coolest gifts I've ever received Tim. Easily.

And, I don't know if I've ever mentioned this to you but I have always really loved the Polidouris character. Maybe even more than Gallows. So, when you handed that to me I was simply speechless. I was not expecting that AT ALL. I was unprepared too, I felt like an idiot again trying to carry it around while we chatted. Thank goodness blue line was selling those portfolios so I could grab one to keep it safe.

Thank You does NOT even come close Tim.

Knowing that you've never sold or given away a RSD piece before gives me a big dumb grin. I love the piece anyway, but that makes it a whole lot more special to me.

Njc--

Oh man, Tim. Luke Cage Noir looks amazing. I love the headstones at the bottom and the Apollo in the back, with the blinds on the other side. And Cage just looks fucking tough. Stone cold face while bullets rip his shirt apart. Great stuff.

Mr. Bradstreet, I must say that in the many years since I last really saw your artwork, you have indeed progressed in your venues very very well. Just looking at some of the various images attributed to yourself, and I am amazed at the shear scope of what you have had a hand in. From printed media, to film and music. Very impressive, and I am sure that most everyone would agree with me that your accomplishments and talents are reasons enough to be, not only proud of your accomplishments and artist talent, but firmly aware of how much respect and admiration ordinary joes (such as myself) have for you and your accolades. I had no idea that you had a hand in so much, just simply amazing.

Your posted artwork, almost makes me want to take up comic collecting again... (Almost, as 2 kids and my wonderful wife put the financial kybosh on my collecting days).

All I can say is. Wow.

Not to gush about Noeland too much, but I completely agree with Tim's assessment. Noeland is a very talented individual with a great eye and his opinion ranks near the top for me on nearly anything (though we occasionally disagree on a few films). Above all his talent and taste he has been an amazing friend. Here's to getting filthy rich and successful together!

Fred

Just recently landed, The Russian makes his presence felt in Punisher Noir #2.

Great series, I hope you all pick it up.

A look at the black and white line art.

PunisherNoir2BWf.jpg

- TB

I love the train and the street lamp. My favorite part of all the noir covers you are doing is the objects you incorporate in the background. Cool stuff.

I love the train and the street lamp. My favorite part of all the noir covers you are doing is the objects you incorporate in the background. Cool stuff.

I agree with J-Web on the image incorporation ... from the Punisher Noir to the Russian, so good! I forgot to comment how much I like the color Luke Cage Noir as well - reminds me (who doesn't know the comics / novels so much) of a Malone in Harlem vibe ...

It's an ongoing so it's anyone's guess ;)

I'd like to stick with it for a while though.

Might be fun to do at least 24 issues if it can find it's legs and survive in this crazy business.

Posting issue #2 now, I don't think Boom has released this yet.

I should also mention that each issue has variant covers by Sean Phillips. Issue #1 has a third variant by someone whose name I cannot remember.

- TB

Great job on the 28 Days/Weeks cover Tim. I'm glad they are brining Selena back, she was such a great character. I was hoping she was going to pop up somewhere in 28 Weeks, but this will do. I hope she makes more of your covers Tim.

The new series is all about Selena so never fear.

Here's a side by side of the first two issues.

Slightly larger versions are in the pinned "Hot Off The Boards" thread.

2812.jpg

- TB

love 28 days later and the covers are awesome is there any chance of a flash back to Christopher Eccleston's chracter i would love to see you do a cover with him