Sign in to follow this  
relias33

Favorite video games of all time

I thought that this may be a good idea to have as a topic seeing as we have multiple age groups. I'm sure everyone has engaged in video game play whether it was for the Atari or for Playstation 3.

I'll start off by saying that my favorite system is Nintendo. The original. I still have my Nintendo along with lover 45 games. My favorite game would have to be Metal Gear. I'm 19 years old and never got into playing it until a few years back when I saw my brother playing Metal Gear Solid along with the sequels. I loved watching him play it and I wanted to start from the beginning. For 1987 this game was fucking genius. I also would love to see Jane portray Snake on the big screen. He would be the ideal candidate for this position I think. I also had the Punisher game for the console too. It was pretty sweet seeing as how you get to go against all of Castles enemies like Jigsaw, Kingpin, Hitman, and Sijo. Tecmo Superbowl was another favorite of mine even though it's in a whole different genre.

When Super Nintendo game out I was excited because they released Super Star Wars and Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures which was bad as hell. Then you have all the Mega Man X games which were sweet too. I can go on and on with the classic consoles.

Being up to date I loved the Punisher for PS2 and XBOX. It was amazing and wish they would make another one. Not to mention the score for the game is the shit! The Metal Gears are top notch and I have Harry Gregson Williams' scores for each game. Don't forget that he is composing the score for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm always fond of the Madden games when they are released every year. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is good as I have been playing all the games since Nintendo. I have been recently playing Rainbow 6: Vegas with my cousins and I think that game kicks ass too.

Whata bout you guys and gals?

-Raf

Being 51!!!!! I have seen them all. I even have an old PONG game for a system that I would have to go and dig out just to remember the name.

I also have a commadore that plays only text games...used to be fun...boring as hell now.

I have an ATARI 800 tape driven computer and about a dozen games for that. Almost unplayable now, the tape drive drops too much info when trying to load.

ATARI, yep.

INTELLIVISION, yep. The boxing game is still a blast, but the controllers wear out after time and are getting very hard to find. Haven't had it out of the box in years though.

When it comes to my favorite system, I still like the SEGA DREAMCAST. I've got every game for it and it is a tie on my favorite one. SOULCALIBER and BERSERK, but CRAZY TAXI is right close behind.

To prove I am just pure white trash, I also have PS1, 2 and 3. every NINTENDO from the 8 bit system up to Wii and a box full of hand held systems that never get played anymore. My favorite NINTENDO game is an old timer, THE SWORD OF VERMILLION. and the pre-MIGHT and MAGIC game KINGS QUEST.

But I guess I prefer gaming on the PC best. Mostly stratagy games, my all time favorite for PC is hands down the HEROES of MIGHT and MAGIC franchise, I never get tired of playing it. But I have done the DIABLOS and the BALDURS GATES and all the clones and enjoy them as well. CASTLE builders like LORDS of the REALM 1 & 2 are always fun. As are WAR stratagy games.

I have played some on line games WORLD of WARCRAFT in particular. I enjoyed the crap out of it up until I got to level 48 then it got into too much TEAM play and I don't care for that so much.

Started a business about 7 months ago and just don't have time for it anymore, between drawing and work, no time. But if I were to pick up a game and play it tommorrow it would be HEROES of MIGHT and MAGIC V.

I've been accused of being a game snob...it's probably true. I can live with it.

I played a bunch of Atari games when I was real young but I can't remember any of the names of the games. Favorite consoles would have to be Sega CD, Sega Saturn and PS2.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver P21

Shadow of The Colossus PS2

Panzer Dragon 1-2 Sega Saturn

Myth 2: Soulblighter PC

Onimsuha: Warlords PS2

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic Xbox

Way of The Samurai-1 PS2

Virtua Fighter 1-2 Sega Saturn

Virtua Cop 1-2 Sega Saturn

Bushido Blade 2 PS1

GUN PS2

Silent Hill 4: The Room PS2

Indigo Prophecy PS2

Another World Sega

Rise of the Dragon Sega CD

Resident Evil 2 PS1

CastleVania: Symphony of The Night PS1

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War PS2

The Darkness Xbox360

Grand Theft Auto 3 PS2

Rainbow Six: Covert Ops PC

Star Fox Super Nintendo

Street Fighter Super Nintendo

Tecmo Superbowl (Nintendo)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Game Boy Advance)

Chu Chu Rocket (Dreamcast)

Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)

Batman: The Video Game (Nintendo)

Ikaruga (Game Cube)

Chessmaster (Game Boy Color)

Transformers (PlayStation 2)

ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (Xbox)

TMNT the game

tmnt_xbla_official.gif

Space Ace was a game produced by Don Bluth Studios, Cinematronics, and Advanced Microcomputer Systems (later renamed RDI Video Systems). Man that was a hard game to play.

Spaceace-arcadescreenshot.jpg

I never got pasted that level... never... and if I remember... that was the very first level. It was the same thing as the game Dragon's Lair... never got past the first level.

Guest KazuyaMishima

TEKKEN! xD

i love tekken 4, and 5. and tekken tag. i also like tekken 1,2. I HATE TEKKEN 3! (jin stinks! )

and of course i like the upcomming tekken6.

top fav charecter: Kazuya mishima.

other favs: nina williams and bryan fury, hwaorang and baek doo san.

When it came to Arcade games one that I loved was a 1983 Star Wars Arcade game.

shot11.jpg

starwars-01.jpg

Man I had so much fun playing this game at the Arcade when I was real young.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120180929279

Another one was the T2 Arcade game

g-arcade.jpg

g-arcade-ss.jpg

I played this with my dad at the Arcade and we really kicked ass.

Man! That Star Wars arcade game was just awesome. I loved that damned thing...I spent many, many quarters in those machines!

Bio Shock

Devil May Cry 4

Resident Evil Zero

Champions of Norath (I know, I'm a big nerd)

Kingdom Hearts

I think for me its more a question of what my favorites are for each specific console.

I had an SNES as a kid, Super Mario World was my obsession, while titles like X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse and the Super Star Wars Trilogy remain my favorites for that console. Among others Primal Rage, Maximum Carnage, Wolverine: Adamantium Rage, Terminator vs. Robocop, Lethal Weapon, Bart's Nightmare, Batman Returns, Lethal Enforcers and but of course Mortal Kombat 1, II, 3 and Ultimate.

Playstation came in and I spent countless hours playing Driver. The Resident Evils were the games that really made PS1 fun though. They were all great.

PS2 was the jackpot and I started buying games like if they were movies. Max Payne was my first blood and the beginning of my love for anything Rock Star. X2: Wolverine's Revenge was alot of fun back in '03, Call of Duty is a soldier's dream game, Thomas Jane's The Punisher kicked ass, and I still love popping in The Godfather and going crazy in 1920s Little Italy.

My top pics for PS2 are the GTA games.

Grand Theft Auto III had a fantastic story and it depicted a contained version of New York wonderfully.

Vice City was the dream game for a guy that drives around Miami Beach at 4:00 am on a regular basis. Ray Liotta made it even more interesting.

San Andreas is the Los Angeleno's Vice City. Its the most unleashed of the the original trilogy and the most explosively accessible. I never imagined hijacking planes in LAX.

Liberty City Stories was the improved version of 2002's GTA III and I had to wait a year to get it after its release on PSP. It was worth the wait, but unfortunately Michael Madsen didn't voice the younger more badass Tony Cipriani.

Vice City Stories is my least favorite - but these games can't really be deemed bad. They're designed for the player to live free and die hard. The storyline can suck and the game will still be playable.

Thomas Jane's GUN was the game that made me go back into my DVD collection and re-watch Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, Once Upon a Time in The West and Unforgiven. I love everything about that game. The music is great, the old West looks dry and dusty as it should be. God I hope we get a sequel.

My all time favorite game is Bully. It took me back to a place I hadn't been in for a long time and I loved re-living it through my PS2. It took me back to the days when I was still playing my SNES and getting my ass suspended for fighting during P.E. I bought the score which makes it even more kickass and unlike the GTAs, there are limitations in it - which make it the more real.

I haven't bought a game in a while, but I'm lookin to buy Heat - based on Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino's crime drama. They're both voicing it (having just worked on the buddy cop movie Righteous Kill out September 12).

-TL

Man! That Star Wars arcade game was just awesome. I loved that damned thing...I spent many, many quarters in those machines!

Hehehe! The last time I went to an arcade (2 years ago) I didn't see this game anywhere. The last time I played that game was back in the early 90's...... man I would love to play it now.

NES: Ninja Gaiden, Blades of Steel (laugh at that one if you will but it was a fun hockey game), and Super Mario 3

SNES: (sheesh, where do i begin?!) Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat 3, Starfox and Street Fighter Alpha.

n64: Goldeneye, Starfox 64, and Super Smash Bros.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Soul Reaver, Marvel vs Capcom, and Tekken 3

PS2: The GTA Series, God of War, MGS 3: Snake Eater, and Hitman: Blood Money.

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

img_1838.jpg

This was a good game. Some of the levels reminded me of such movies like The Getaway (the 1994 remake), Heat and a few others.

Guest FADoss

I was a hustler on TEKKEN 2 and Souledge.

I was also a STREETFIGHTER kid vs all the MORTAL KOMBAT pukes. Blanka was my weapon of choice, followed by Ryu.

Here were some of my other favorites:

CONTRA for NES (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start)

HEAVY BARREL for the arcade

Elevator

Berserk for Atari

James Bond: Golden Eye for 64

Tenchu: Stealth Assassin for PS

FEAR for PC

Medal of Honor in all it's forms

Dig Dug

PONG bitches

And many more.

Fred

Those are some classics you guys mentioned- Metal Gear, Mega-Man and you gotta give it up for Donkey Kong. My personal favorites:

Contra-Cover.jpg

That's right motherfucker. oh, and that code was impressive FADoss. I just wish I could still use it- like take out cash at ATMs from other peoples' accounts.

RadRacer.jpg

Rad20Racer201.jpg

you hear that Thomas? 3-D action! totally fuckin stereoscopic man. makes bad-planet 3 look as flat as paper.

81784345-thumb-420x590.jpg

the latest in 3-D technology for 1987

untitled.jpg

and this...

some asshole hooked it up to a USB and turned it into a hard-drive. Like how much data could that gold piece of shit actually hold? Like 6 kb?

working_drive.jpg

anyways, I left off video games around Sega Genesis. fucked with Super NES for a bit- but that was it. I really junked out on Nintendo though. My very first video game system was Atari 600XL. Yeah, that's right. You heard me. 600. I know people who go way back into Coleco. I used to play some game on a PC called Mech Warriors for a bit and then just forgot about it till one of my roommates in college started cracking out on Grand Theft Auto- Vice City and Halo. And that's when I remembered the 'power' of video games. But that shit has gotten too complicated and lost some of its charm. Though, I feel development for things like video-games will prove to have greater and more versatile applications than we've ever dreamed. Like virtual reality so virtually real its pretty much real. i respect and appreciate the artform but honestly, I could care less.

This is my video game these days.

ddvk8.jpg

But i think I got a bunch of dust in it. and am ready to throw it out. I already beat it.

it took me two years and there was nothing in the end- like no bonus level or nothing.

sveinx

Some cool classics here!

My all time favorite is "Kid Chameleon" for Sega Megadrive/Genesis,

followed by "Quackshot" and "Vectorman" for the same console.

Being a retrogamer rather than a gamer, those will never be beat as far as I am concerned.

How has nobody mentioned "BioShock" yet?

Going to be interesting to see what kind of film Gore Verbinski makes. John Logan (Gladiator, The Aviator, Sweeney Todd) wrote it so the signs are looking good.

How has nobody mentioned "BioShock" yet?

Going to be interesting to see what kind of film Gore Verbinski makes. John Logan (Gladiator, The Aviator, Sweeney Todd) wrote it so the signs are looking good.

Uhhhh....I did.

Great topic Raffi,

Rainbow Six - Vegas - probably one of the best fps in my opinion, real weapons, real tactics... with a decent progressive storyline.

Unreal Tournament III - I love this game along with the concept artist (Hawk Prey) who developed the weapons, characters, vehicles etc. You really have to appreciate how much effort goes into making these games.

Going a little of topic here but I can't wait for Resident Evil 5, game looks sick.

Resident Evil!

First game I ever played on PC...oh the memories...

Now, I just picked it up for the Nintendo DS :lol: fuckin'A!