sidewaysgaze

Killshot

Some sites... "www.comingsoon.com" etc etc are quoting a November 7th, 2008 release for "KILLSHOT". Can this FINALLY be it!?

Here we go. "KILLSHOT" is back on the Weinstein website and they too have it as a November 7th release!

www.weinsteinco.com

Coooooollllll! Please lets hope it's finally released this time and becomes a big hit.... !!!!!

My guess is Diane Lane's recent announcement that she is retiring from acting has something to do with it. Makes folks more interested in seeing what she has done.

My guess is Diane Lane's recent announcement that she is retiring from acting has something to do with it. Makes folks more interested in seeing what she has done.

People have got to be courious, espessially if they pick up the book. My cousin bought it three months back and it had the trade dress. It was the teaser poster that only had Diane Lane on it.

People have got to be courious, espessially if they pick up the book. My cousin bought it three months back and it had the trade dress. It was the teaser poster that only had Diane Lane on it.

I think all the posters and ads featured Diane Lane initially (they still might). I think it was probably devised as a starring vehicle for her (even though it has a kick-ass ensemble cast). I know that director John Madden asked expressly for her to take the lead role. I guess that's why she was so hurt by the film being shelved and therefore quit (although the exact reasons are all rumours). I guess because she was billed as "the star" it's her career that's been hurt the most. I dunno....

At the end of the day... I'm just pleased to be able to see it. It's a great book and has a great cast. Thomas Jane, Diane Lane, Mickey Rourke, Joe Gordon Levitt, Rosario Dawson... I mean... It don't get any cooler than that!

Maybe, Thomas can talk her out of it! :(

PS. Watched "The Mist" again on blu-ray. AWESOME MOVIE! Another film the Weinsteins f**ked-up the release of!

I think all the posters and ads featured Diane Lane initially (they still might). I think it was probably devised as a starring vehicle for her (even though it has a kick-ass ensemble cast). I know that director John Madden asked expressly for her to take the lead role. I guess that's why she was so hurt by the film being shelved and therefore quit (although the exact reasons are all rumours). I guess because she was billed as "the star" it's her career that's been hurt the most. I dunno....

At the end of the day... I'm just pleased to be able to see it. It's a great book and has a great cast. Thomas Jane, Diane Lane, Mickey Rourke, Joe Gordon Levitt, Rosario Dawson... I mean... It don't get any cooler than that!

Maybe, Thomas can talk her out of it! :(

PS. Watched "The Mist" again on blu-ray. AWESOME MOVIE! Another film the Weinsteins f**ked-up the release of!

naw, this thing ain't gonna hurt anybody's career - a film has to actually come out to do that - which this one won't. looks like the MGM bid is in name only. it's going dvd as far as i can tell. then you all can tell me what's wrong with it. ;>

it's going dvd as far as i can tell. then you all can tell me what's wrong with it. ;>

Nice dodge.... ever considered a carreer in politics :P

naw, this thing ain't gonna hurt anybody's career - a film has to actually come out to do that - which this one won't. looks like the MGM bid is in name only. it's going dvd as far as i can tell. then you all can tell me what's wrong with it. ;>

Thanks Thomas. Are you gonna make anymore movies with the Weinsteins? They don't seem very reliable to me.

I guess they pay you though.

So on the Weinstein website it is showing a release date of November 7th. I'm just praying that it sticks and has truth in it.

On the Weinstein Co official site it does say "In Theaters November 7", so that's "promising", in the sense that it mentions theaters and not "in video stores" or "for sale"...

Check out Elmore Leonard's exasperated blog about Killshot, from September 10th, here:

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/we...shot_countdown/

46 Days and Counting...I hope!

Jen

On the plus side, Elmore Leonard really liked the film, so maybe it will have been worth the (v. long) wait.

Cool poster, I wonder if they have one for every character, Google Time :)

Man , Would like to know the when and Where. Looks like a good film!

Of course would love to see Mr. Jane on the Screen and a big Fan of Miki rourke .

Sounds like a winner.

What the hell is wrong with these people. Same damn company that released Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf and there giving us shit about seeing Killshot.

I well never understand hollywood.

Whenever I hear of TWC doing something stupid, I can't help but remember the send up of Harvey Weinstein in 'Entourage' when Chase chooses the Aquaman movie over the oscar baiting Surfer movie. Classic :)

I just thought this deserved to be hanging in here.

killshotpostermickey.jpg

Loved Elmore Leonard's blog on the subject. Bless that man.

- TB

Awesome seeing Rourke on the front! :)

$35 to upload it on the imdb.com profile.... So there are literally fans uploading pics and such on imdb? Or is it the studios job? Blah, dunno...

Might as well complete the set

killshot_poster.jpg

Yeah, but Diane Lane's not the one getting Nominated for an Oscar this year.

THE WRESTLER opens DECEMBER 19

-TL

That kinda reminds me of the posters for 'Wanted'...have u guys been able to find one for TJ's character.?

That kinda reminds me of the posters for 'Wanted'...have u guys been able to find one for TJ's character.?

Supporting characters are unlikely to have their own posters.

Leading actors and potential Academy Award Nominees, that's another story.

-TL

It looks like Elmore Leonard is posting the scoop about Killshot on his official site/blog, and it's not sounding wonderful. Check out the blogs for Thursday, September 25 and Friday, September 26 for details, but from what I can gather, the Weinsteins have broken with MGM and are taking certain films with them, to release these films themselves (hopefully) - and Killshot is on the list!

It still sounds like Killshot will be released to theaters, but now the word is "limited" release! So who knows what that means... :(

Here's the link to Mr. Leonard's site:

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php

Jen

Argh! It looks like Killshot release date is scrapped again!! :angry:

Check out this new LA Times article here for the detailed details:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...0,1592554.story

Here are some aggravating excerpts:

"...compelling drama is unfolding around "Killshot," which was quietly pulled off next month's theatrical release schedule -- yet again."

and

"It's at least the fifth time the movie, starring Diane Lane and Mickey Rourke, has been scheduled for release only to be pushed to a later date. As it now stands, "Killshot," which was filmed nearly three years ago and at one point looked as if it might be a direct-to-video release, likely will not come out until early 2009, the Weinstein Co. said Wednesday."

Jen

Aaaaaagggghhh!! :angry:

I was just about to post this, Jen. I saw the same article.

The Weinstein Co. is very quickly becoming as bad as Lionsgate, if not worse. Their handling of this movie is nothing short of idiotic! This is so frustrating. I just want to see this movie already! It would almost be better if they would just release it straight to dvd already, instead of playing this tug-of-war with it.

I wish these guys would get it together already.