sidewaysgaze

Killshot

Hey buddy where you been? Haven't heard from you in FOREVERRRR.

Is that a poster or is this shit hitting the dvd racks right away? If it hits the racks, I'm gonna be disappointed.

It says "a major motion picture." I'm assuming that means theatrical release. Just guessing, though.

Obviously being marketed as a Diane Lane vehicle. Her last film did so well at the box office (sarcasm alert).

It says "a major motion picture." I'm assuming that means theatrical release. Just guessing, though.

Obviously being marketed as a Diane Lane vehicle. Her last film did so well at the box office (sarcasm alert).

Why is it being marketed as a Diane Lane vehicle? Is she THAT big of a draw that they think she can carry this by herself? I mean, like you said, her last couple of movies have done SO WELL at the box office. Haha! That seems like a strange marketing strategy to me. I hope that they didn't edit Thomas' performance down like they did Johnny Knoxville's, and make him a secondary player. That would really suck!

Mediumfan

Grrr... Where's the Tom Jane poster?! :angry:

Jen

:lol: Haha! I thought the same thing, Jen! Why isn't Tom being marketed as the star, or at least sharing the top billing? That's just wrong.

But I noticed something the other night about the promos for Deep Blue Sea. Thomas wasn't billed as the star of that one, either, because all of the posters and dvds had Saffron Burrows on them, and no mention of Thomas, but he was clearly the star of that movie, or at least that's the way I saw it. Lol! Maybe the studio thinks that Diane Lane is a more recognizable name than Thomas'. But after her last two movies flopped, I wouldn't put too much stock in that either. Maybe they'll do some alternate promos with Thomas in them. You think?

We can only hope. :P

Mediumfan

Just thought I'd add this here. This is sad news. Though he wasn't a member of the RAW family, his mark has been left on this film, as per Tim, so I thought it would be appropriate to pay tribute to him here.

Anthony Minghella, who was involved in the scripting of this movie, died Monday of complications from brain surgery. He left an impressive body of work behind him, including such films as The English Patient, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and Cold Mountain, to name a few.

It will be bittersweet to watch this movie and know that it was one of his last works.

RIP, Mr. Minghella.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...3/19/db1901.xml

Mediumfan

It makes perfect sense for the studio to market Killshot as a Diane Lane vehicle.

Not only is she more recognizable than Jane (At The Mist Press Premiere everyone kept callin him "Thomas James from that Punisher movie"), but her last 3 films in the last couple of years have done better than The Mist which is the only Jane vehicle since 2004's Punisher.

Untraceable (2008) pulled in $28.69 Million and Must Love Dogs (2005) made $43.89 Million...

untraceableei7.jpg / untraceable2bbv0.jpg

The Mist tanked at $25.59 Million.

Her most recent film Jumper which is actually a Hayden Christensen vehicle, grossed $77.55 Million.

Marketing Diane Lane will actually get people to see Killshot - which is a good thing. I'd love to see Mickey on the poster, but Mickey's last marketable year was 2005 when he starred in Sin City and Domino.

-TL

It makes perfect sense for the studio to market Killshot as a Diane Lane vehicle.

<snip>

The Mist tanked at $25.59 Million.

Her most recent film Jumper which is actually a Hayden Christensen vehicle, grossed $77.55 Million.

Marketing Diane Lane will actually get people to see Killshot - which is a good thing. I'd love to see Mickey on the poster, but Mickey's last marketable year was 2005 when he starred in Sin City and Domino.

-TL

As far as the tanking goes, releasing The Mist at Thanksgiving and then pulling it from theaters after only two weeks instead of leaving it out for college kids coming home on winter break to be able to see it on the big screen didn't help it any. JMHO

I haven't seen Jumper yet. I didn't know Diane Lane was in it. I do think you're right about her name and face being, generally, more recognizable than Jane's. She has a longer filmography, both in number of films and in the amount of time she's been on the radar. However, many of those roles have been opposite strong leading men. She seldom carries a film herself. Exception to that would be Under the Tuscan Sun. Again, JMHO

I do hope you're right that marketing her will lead to more people going to see the film. However they get them there, it is always a good thing. :)

In my opinion, they shouldn't market anyone. They should have four individual posters: Lane. Jane. Rourke. Levitt.

And then one main sheet that just says: Killshot - with like a smoking gun. Needs to be very gritty and raw looking. Stick out and catch the eye.

Hmmm, idea. Let Bradstreet do the posters. ;)

JO

Does anyone have any idea when this is being released? April 11 is not looking too promising.

All I've heard is April 11th, JWeber. But I also heard a rumor that if it doesn't come out that date it won't come out until May 9th. I hope it is just a rumor though.

JO

Sad but not unexpected news: Killshot will not be opening here in Miami this Friday, April the 11th.

I am also assuming it won't be opening anywhere else as TV Spots for Chris Evans' Street Kings (April 11) and Hugh Jackman's Deception (April 25) are all over the place and I have yet to see one for Killshot.

This is ridiculous. If they don't wanna play it - then just sell it.

I buy all of Mickey's DVDs, even the straight to video ones.

-TL

Man I'm so ready for this film and there isn't even a correct date for it to come out. I want to see Tom, Mickey and Joe all in the same film with Rosario and Diane. The company needs to stop fucking around.

JO

I used to have a lot of faith in the Weinsteins, but in the last few years, it would seem they've been dropping the ball quite a bit. I hope they get it together and put this movie out soon. The longer they wait, the more it's going to hurt the movie. That's not fair to all involved in making it and to all the fans waiting for it.

Ugh, I can't believe there's no news about when this film is going to come out, and in what format (in theaters, or maybe on DVD). I'm wondering if Diane Lane's recent film "Untraceable" put a damper on the Weinsteins putting out Killshot now, or what, but we still deserve to know the details of when it's going to be released and not be kept in the dark for YEARS!!! :angry:

Jen

The Weinsteins need to get there stuff together. They don't even have the trailer up on the website and it's been out since whenever. I remember buying the book to read when I heard it about it being made into a film and that was a good 2 years ago.

I just looked at the Weinstein Co. site - and there is NO MENTION of Killshot at all!! There used to at least be a photo and brief synopsis of the film in the "Coming Soon" section, but I see nada... :(

There's also no way of contacting the company and voicing complaints, at least as far as I can tell...

Jen

You know, I have a deep feeling the Weinsteins are going to put this on DVD with no movie release. This reeks of Lions Gate doing the same thing for the movie "Shattered". They kept talking about the release date; had it up on the website with the teasers and then removal and no comment. They even set up a forum to ask for feedback and everyone gave it. Then they removed the forum. I got pissed off and did an online petition. Next thing I get was an email asking me to remove the petition, which I refused, and then they tell me were putting all their publicity behind the movie "Bratz"...imagine that. I began a terse email exchange and asked them point blank was this because of Mel Gibson's production company being involved and they were running for cover because of what Gibson was going through at the time. Never answered that; continued on with the petition. I guess these movie companies think that fans have no say so in anything and we would just wait until the holidays and help them make their DVD sales. Wrong again. Made phone calls, sent emails and letters. Finally, Lions Gate went and released it on cable via TNT and then hand selected cities to release it for one day only and did no press to let the fans know when or where. We had to call our local theaters and ask for them to carry the film for at least a week, which the majority of them did.

Something tells me this is going to be the next step for Killshot.

You know, I have a deep feeling the Weinsteins are going to put this on DVD with no movie release. This reeks of Lions Gate doing the same thing for the movie "Shattered". They kept talking about the release date; had it up on the website with the teasers and then removal and no comment. They even set up a forum to ask for feedback and everyone gave it. Then they removed the forum. I got pissed off and did an online petition. Next thing I get was an email asking me to remove the petition, which I refused, and then they tell me were putting all their publicity behind the movie "Bratz"...imagine that. I began a terse email exchange and asked them point blank was this because of Mel Gibson's production company being involved and they were running for cover because of what Gibson was going through at the time. Never answered that; continued on with the petition. I guess these movie companies think that fans have no say so in anything and we would just wait until the holidays and help them make their DVD sales. Wrong again. Made phone calls, sent emails and letters. Finally, Lions Gate went and released it on cable via TNT and then hand selected cities to release it for one day only and did no press to let the fans know when or where. We had to call our local theaters and ask for them to carry the film for at least a week, which the majority of them did.

Something tells me this is going to be the next step for Killshot.

I have the same feeling. It just seems that it is bound to happen.

JO

Even at this point, the DVD would make me happy. Preferably, I'd like to see it on the big screen, but I just want to see the thing. <_>

It's sad to see a project go this way. I just hope it sees the light of day soon, in any format.

This sucks that this movie hasn't been released yet, and that it seems headed for a straight-to-dvd release. Such crappy treatment by the studios is just wrong, especially since there have been almost no decent theatrical releases this spring. What a waste by the studio. ^_^

Mediumfan

The best I've seen since January's There Will Be Blood and CLOVERFIELD is Hugh Jackman's DECEPTION.

FOX put out a fantastic film right before the Summer madness of IRON MAN, Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, The Incredible Hulk, The Happening and The Dark Knight dominate the box office.

-TL