sidewaysgaze

Killshot

Guest AdminGuyX

Just finished a double feature of Dark Country, and Killshot.

I really liked them both. Killshot was much more straight forward stuff, but still a compelling film. Tom's character was great. Having grown up around UAW guys from Ford, and other assorted sportsman, and native americans, I connected to the film on that level, and of course being married . . . ;)

I'd love to see the other version too. I know they bumped up Rourke's role after The Wrestler was such a big hit. I may also have to seek out the story it's based on.

I finally saw Killshot and I really, really liked it!!!

I loved Tom's and Diane's easy performances - and by easy I mean seemingly effortless and completely natural - really great believable stuff.

I'm such a Tom fan and have seen him embody all sorts of characters, yet I still can see each character he plays as a real and distinct, developed individual. My "fandom" over him does not eclipse or interfere with my perception of who is playing at all (like I've experienced with other actors, where I can't get away from who they are).

But that's his talent, baby, and you know it! Kudos!

I also loved Mickey Rourke sort of channeling Steven Seagal but with a soul and Joseph Gordon Levitt was scary good.

Don't miss or need Knoxville in this although he's alright in some cases. ;)

Some of the music was cool and interesting as well. B)

Good job, good movie. :)

Finally saw this movie and it was really good. I especially liked the characters of Wayne and Carmen and the way Thomas and Diane Lane played them made it easy to relate to them. Loved John Madden's direction. Just some great photography, great sequences and acting. Wasn't crazy about Mickey Rourke's character, or Joseph Gordon Levitt's. I actually found myself praying that Bird would go ahead and shoot him. He was so annoying. Like a damn yapping dog nipping at your heels. He kind of ruined the movie for me.

I was surprised he lasted as long as he did . Maybe if he'd been killed sooner, it would have been better.

:lol:

That's cool that you finally saw the film MediumFan! I'm in the same boat - it's taken me forever to see it, but I will because I got the DVD for myself as a Christmas gift! :lol:

I usually wait until holiday time to splurge and buy a bunch of DVDs - which is why I haven't commented a whole lot (yet) about Tom's more recent wrok, so as soon as I see this one, I'll be here yapping away about it. :D

Jen

I now "have" Killshot, but still have to see it! Yikes, I'm getting so far behind in movie-watching...

Here's a longish Killshot Review:

"The lead actors do their jobs well."

http://trashcinemaclub.com/movie-reviews/k...h-the-audience/

Jen

...and I finally, finally saw Killshot, and it has a great premise which I think got too diluted by the end of the movie, but the acting was fine. I was intrigued by Mickey's character and wanted to know more about him. Joseph G-L was over-the-top, but that's the nature of the character and he embodied that to the max. I had a fit of giggles (well, maybe that's the wrong reaction...) when Joseph is acting out and jumps at that moose's head on the wall and tries to yank it off the wall.

Tom and Diane were believable as the separating, but maybe not, couple; very low-key, very real. I wish that the movie had somehow focused on them more...

I think the movie suffered for it's editing/cutting because I know there was more between Tom and Diane's characters (in early trailers you could see them asleep on the couch, and there was a scene with Tom in the bathroom, punching someone that got cut out of the movie...).

Solid, but not spectacular all the way around. Mickey's was the most fully-developed character and I love his "journey" through the movie.

Jen

I'm new to the board so I'm playing catch up but this film was really good and it seemed to really strive to bring the source material to the screen. It didn't hack the book to pieces. I enjoyed it immensely and thought the cast nailed their characters. I thought Rosario Dawson was oddly cast but I'll take any excuse to see Rosario Dawson.

KILLSHOT was a really pleasant surprise. had no idea TJ was in it before i rented. really good cast and definitely worth a view.

I do actually read a lot of his stuff (minus the biased Steven Seagal stuff) and also found this film to be really good. It should have been prmoted a lot more than it was.

I do actually read a lot of his stuff (minus the biased Steven Seagal stuff) and also found this film to be really good. It should have been prmoted a lot more than it was.

I would love to hear some of the behind the scenes drama on this one. The reshoots, the re-editing, removal of Johnny Knoxville, etc.

I've always wondered if the Johnny Knoxville thing had anything to do with Tarantino removing his name as a producer? I know they are pals.

I've always wondered if the Johnny Knoxville thing had anything to do with Tarantino removing his name as a producer? I know they are pals.

Im sure its does - Its got politics written all over it!

Didnt miss him in the film. I enjoyed it. Wish Rourke would do more interesting stuff like this. The book is great as well and if youve seen the film it doesnt really ruin the book at all. Well worth reading.