Sign in to follow this  
relias33

The Official Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull thread

I did like the international teaser a bit more than the domestic (had a better ryhtm once it got rolling), but I'll be happier when I get a real trailer, sans recapping, that tells us what THIS film is, and not a teaser showing us who Indy was.

And I still haven't noticed the CGI pants, I keep meanig to look for them . . .

:)

Yeah, I haven't seen the pants either...course, I'm happy to say i don't notice other guys PANTS!!!!...not to offend anybody, if that's your thing then it's cool...it just ain't mine.

Yeah, I haven't seen the pants either...course, I'm happy to say i don't notice other guys PANTS!!!!...not to offend anybody, if that's your thing then it's cool...it just ain't mine.

It's Ray Winstone, how can you not look at his pants?

indianajones4_giantteaser.jpg

indianajones4_bigcast.jpg

indianajones4_bigindy1.jpg

indianajones4_bigindy2.jpg

indianajones4_bigindy3.jpg

indianajones4_bigindy4.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX

Actually, that review is LOADED with spoilers, and all the important ones, so if you want a blank slate going in don't read it. I'm kind of sorry I did.

It's a negative review, but the slant is that the film "has no tension" and I don't know, I don't watch Indy to have tension or intenisty. It's supposed to be a fun ride.

The review didn't put me off wanting to see it, but my feeling is that the reviewer probably wanted to, and so did Merrick. The review smacks of wanting to ruin the movie for you kind of stuff.

Just a gut feeling.

I still want to see it, and am still excited about it. For me it's kind of like when Star Wars Episode I came out. I knew it was not going to be like the originals, but I didn't really care. Decades had past and ideas have changed, same with the creative forces. All I wanted was some fun, and I got it. Yeah, sure I was a bit dissapointed, but there was enough cool stuff in there as well.

The only thing I'm really dreading is if the film is too self aware, which is kind of sounds that way. Then again, it might not be. Episode II just got blasted online, and I quite enjoyed it. Not my favorite by a long shot, but I liked it. I just don't want to see Indy and crew acting as if they know there is an audience watching. As for the scipt, Koepp does some great stuff, and then he dose some shitty stuff, so I'm still on the fence for this one. Of all the footage I've seen, it could go either way, but I'll be there when it opens.

It's okay it'll be fuckin fantastic! The teaser trailer was just to "tease" as we all now. These are official trailers and tv spots. They ought to give us some time of hint about what we're going to see. Maybe this was a bit much for an Indy movie but I'm still pretty fuckin excited as we all are!

"Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here...but what I have read and understood is that the reason Shia labeouf

is in the film is because he is the heir to the INDY movies. This is the last appearance of Harrison Ford as Indy and the next 3 movies are to star Shia Lebeouf...."

From what I read, it sounds like Lucas had an idea for Indy 5 where Shia would come to the forefront and Harrison would take on a supporting role like Connery. God, I hope not. By the way, is it just me, or does it seem like Speilberg takes the back seat to Lucas? I know it was Lucas' idea (the Indy films) but come on. Frank's script was the best since Raiders according to Speilberg. If early reviews are correct, Koepp's is not even close to that good. In terms of talent and respectability, Speilberg takes the cake. Of all the seminal directors from decades past, Speilberg is one of the few to keep his edge. Watch Munich if you don't belive me. You'd think that he would have stepped in at some point and said, "Hey, hang on a second." I'm sure it's just a matter of "It's Lucas' baby, he has the final say." In the end, if the script is bad (just speculating from what I've been reading) at least we can count on Speilberg directing it decent.

My fingers are crossed, but I'm still expecting to come out smiling ear to ear next weekend.

I for one am a big fan of Shia riding shotgun to Indy.

Why?

Because he is playing Indiana Jones Jr.

The Last Crusade was a great film because it dealt with family and gave us an origin story to Indy's chivalrous tactics. This film may just be carrying the same formula.

Shia was a star last year. This year he gets to play the son of one of Hollywood's greatest stars and I have no doubt he'll do a great job sharing scenes with Harrison Ford seeing as how great he was when sharing scenes with invisible alien robots.

My only worry - the wink factor.

I was so dissapointed with Live Free or Die Hard and it had alot to do with the excess of nods to the trilogy. It drove me nuts. The nods weren't subtle. They were repetitive. Willis was trying SO hard to play a younger version of himself, it took away from what coulda been a fresh take on McClane. Stallone nailed it when playing an older RAMBO, but then again Sly specializes in playing a character multiple times. He did great with ROCKY BALBOA as well. For Arnold, T3 was a walk in the park because in the end it was a whole different cyborg he was playing.

I hope Harrison Ford plays Indiana for what he really is now - an aging antihero that oughtta be teaching full time rather than searching for alien crystals and the nomads who worship them.

4 DAYS TO GO

-TL

Yeah I like Shia but he shouldn't pick up anything after Harrison. EVER. Indiana Jones belongs to Harrison Ford and Harrison Ford only. River Phoenix, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Corey Carrier only got away with it because they portrayed a young Indy. I never wanna see any Indy film hit the big screen unless it has Ford. Anything else doesn't belong. Shia is awesome but he should be Mutt Williams in Indy 4 and leave it at that. He can make another 10 Transformers films and bada boom bada bing.

I've always liked Shia too, but I don't see him as a leading man, as opposed to a leading young man. I've only seen him in a handfull of films, but he just seems like nervous youth trying to make things right. I really think that if this is the direction they want to take it, Shia needs to prove himself as a leading man. I know this falls into the whole "how can he get experience if you don't give him the job" but I don't think starting him out as Ford's replacement is a smart move on anyones part. This is a film series that is too beloved, so unfourtanatly, if Shia shows any weakness it's over for him, and if that happens, there will be a lot of pissed off people who will blame him (wrongly) for ruining the series. I keep getting the image of Jar Jar Binks in my head. :D

TL, I'm with you on this, I can't wait for this to come out, but the whole "wink factor" is what I'm really dreading. And as for Shia, I really hope he knows this one out of the park. I think he's got "John Cusak syndrome", where he's getting pegged as a child star and really needs to find that role to break out into the next level. I just don't think Indy 5 is the answer for him. Maybe in 5-10 years, but Harrison needs to be there, and not just a cameo.

im so ready to see this movie everyone!

I watched these movies when i was really young, and the child roots are comeing back haha.

I think what happened was that everyone who saw national treasure such as lucas, ford, everyone lol they probably said. Nope can't let this one happen, gotta bring back indy!

I HAVE SEEN THE CRYSTAL SKULL, I HAVE SEEN THE KINGDOM BEHIND IT, AND ABOVE ALL I HAVE SEEN THE NEXT JONES...

This was a great film. From the opening LUCASFILM credits to the end where a certain someone dons a new calling.

Harrison Ford is fantastic in his comeback. As if he'd been waiting to wield the whip for years. I CANNOT believe he's 65 in the film.

Cate Blanchett was terrific, sounding more Russian than her dialect coach for the film. Ray Winstone was pure comic relief and it worked. Karen Allen was a joy to see next to Harrison again.

But besides the legendary Indiana Jones, the show stealer was a young greaser with a pocket knife played by Shia LeBouf.

The film could be titled "The Jones Family Adventure" and it works very well despite its suggestion of predictability.

The story is 60% character and 40% exposition. Its really a tale of people that belong together yet spent their lives very much apart.

There are tons of nuggets, Lucas' nod to American Graffiti with 50's brawls and car races and Spielberg's winks to the original trilogy.

Its still in comparison to the original three the least best, but that don't mean its bad at all. Its an amazing movie about a legend who knows its time to pass on the torch.

John Williams (as usual) delivers a dazzling piece for this film. He also has subtle references to prior themes which I really enjoyed.

BE AT THE THEATRES WEDNESDAY NIGHT PEOPLE!!!

-TL

Lucky fucker Thomas is.

God knows how many times I'm gonna see this in theaters. I'm guessing at least 8 times. Cause I'm a loser like that. ;)

Raf

He is fantastic but there is speculation of him picking up Harrison's whip for another 2 or 3 Indy films. I don't wanna see that happen.

No speculation Raf, SHIA IS INDY NOW!

Don't be sour about it - EMBRACE it.

I can already picture us in the theatre in the Summer of 2011 watching an older and hairier Shia wearing the hat and the whip in a shot JUST LIKE the shot where Harrison is first seen in Raiders Of The Lost Ark...

I can't wait.

-TL

What the fuck are they gonna call the next movie then, The Adventures of Mutt Williams?

His name isn't Williams.

SPOILER AHEAD

Its Henry Jones III.

I'm thinkin they give the next one a title like the original Raiders Of The Lost Ark - minus the name Indiana Jones.

Maybe "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK: THE SEARCH FOR THE STOLEN ARK".

Watch Crystal Skull, you'll see what I'm talkin about.

-TL

FUCK

Guys quit hating on Shia, its not somethin Harrison would approve of.

Harrison, Spielberg and Lucas saw the potential in LeBouf and gave him the role of his life.

Would you have preferred someone those guys would dissaprove of? Of course not.

*Observation: Only the young members on here have been the ones to complain about him so far.

What's up with that guys?

This wreaks of jealousy towards Shia, and that's a nasty mindset. I watched this film with a mixed crowd starting with 6 year olds and ending with an 80 year old guy that came with his 45 year old son. NOBODY came outta that theatre displeased with Indy Jr. - except a few 18-20 year olds. Just a few though.

Shia isn't a Channing Tatum, he's a charismatic motherfucker that apparently caught the eye of 3 of Hollywood's biggest powerhouses - getting himself a chance to wear that coveted fedora.

Maybe one of you will one day do the same.

-TL

I guess the only gripe I have (and I have not seen the film yet, so my opinion could change) is that it seems a lot of folks out there want Shia to BE the new Indy. I don't see that happening. I have no problem with Shia's character follwoing Dad's foot steps, but I don't think that he should be the new Indy. I'm not for walking into a theater 20 years from now and seeing a poster for Indiana Jones 8 with Shia's face on it. If they want to give his character a spin off franchise, fine, go for it, but don't try to fit him into Indy's mold. The studios very likley will fuck it up and it will become an Indy knockoff, which is not fair to the creators and actors involved and it's not fair to the fans. Follow Dad's footsteps, pave your own path, but don't become Dad.

I'm not hating on Shia, I just don't want to see things get muddled up for him and the series. But, like I said, I could be wrong.

The creators and actors ARE the ones approving of Shia becoming Indy, so I don't understand what you're saying J.

And you're also contradicting yourself with the spinoff argument. You don't want Shia as Indy but you're ok with him in a spinoff as Indy Jr?

The key words are Indiana Jones.

shiaxp6.jpg

-TL

I just don't want someone taking over for Indy. As fas as I'm concerned, if they were going to do that they should've left the Trilogy alone. I don't want a Shia Indiana Jones, I want the real deal Indiana Jones.

Its not that I hate Shia, I just only want Harrison. With me, if its not Harrison Ford, then I doubt I'll be going to the Theater. I'd have the same reaction with anyone else, I don't care how much I like 'em.

I just don't want to have Harrison Ford leave. Which is why I say, I wish they could have left the Trilogy alone because it was perfect.

JO