mediumfan

Patricia Arquette thread

Wow M-FAN! That is so cool! Congratulations! When are you going to be on the tellie? Awesome, awesome news! Way to go!

Woo hoo for MediumFan! And as Irish asked, please let us know when the epsiode airs and what scenes you'll be in. Can't wait to watch one of our own in Prime Time!

Thanks, guys! As I said, it was the most awesome thing that has ever happened to me! And Patricia was beyond amazing!!

Big congrats MF.

Know what a big deal that must have been for you.

Patricia is a doll, and I mean that in the best possible way.

You found out just how genuine she is.

GLAD you did.

Way to go!!!!

You are so right, Tim. She's an angel to work with and just to be around. She knew how nervous I was, and she made it so easy for me. We sat in the makeup trailer together and she chatted with me as if we were old friends. Then when we filmed our scene, she was so easy-going, and talked to me, really calming me down and giving me pointers.

How's that for cool? Getting acting tips from Patricia Arquette!!

Anyway, in the scene, it was just the two of us, and my part was just a "walk-on", so I had no dialogue (thank goodness!), but it was still nerve-wracking, at least for me, lol! Mostly I was just excited to be there. And getting to shoot a scene with Patricia was the icing on the cake!!

I'm not trying to blow my own horn, or blow it out of proportion. It was a very small part, as I said, just a walk-on, but it was still the biggest thrill of my life. Patricia has long been an idol of mine, and I have admired her for years, so to have this opportunity was a dream come true for me.

As for when it will air, and what scene I'm in, the episode is the season finale, which will air on June 1st. I can't say anything more about the scene that I did with Patricia because it is very spoilery!! :lol: And the producers have asked me not to reveal anything about the episode or set locations until after it airs. But as soon as it does, I'll tell you all about it, and share some of my pics. I can't even show the ones of Patricia and I, or Jake Weber and I, because they're all spoilery! Darnit!

I can't wait to share them either, Jen! I'm dyin' to see the final edit, because the pages that I read looked fantastic, so I can't wait to see the entire episode put together. It looks like it's gonna be wickedly good! The best Medium finale ever!

Can't wait to share more about my day on set either! It was such a blast!

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more of it too.

I can just really feel your happiness. What a great experience! :)

SO cool!!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks again! I hope I'm not settin' myself up as a laughingstock!! I don't know how well I did because they don't use playback, so I hope my little bit part won't make me look too ridiculous! :lol:

I'm kinda nervous to see myself on television, to be honest! Especially in a show that I love with someone like PA. I don't want to make anyone else look bad either.

I'm kinda nervous to see myself on television, to be honest! Especially in a show that I love with someone like PA. I don't want to make anyone else look bad either.

I'm sure you worry over nothing. ;)

I hope you're right! :P After the episode airs, and I can tell you more about it, I'll let you in on why I'm so nervous, lol! :D

Yes, it was absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me in my life! It was awesome and Patricia was unbelievable!!

Words cannot describe how great she was to me, as well as Jake Weber and the entire crew. They were all soo nice to me and treated me spectacularly all day.

Definitely the highlight of my life so far!! :lol:

So how did you end up on the medium set may I ask?

Congrats!

It was a charity auction for a walk-on role on the show, which Patricia and the producers do a couple of times a year to benefit various organizations, such as Feeding America, Alzheimer's research, and others. This particular one was to benefit public education, which Patricia is a big supporter of. Anyone who's followed Patricia's career knows that she is an incredibly giving person and spends a lot of her time helping out all kinds of charities. She has the biggest heart of almost anyone in Hollywood.

This was actually the third or fourth one of these that I had seen, but circumstances had never been right for me to try and throw my hat into the ring. But fate was on my side and everything worked out. And not only did I get to help out a local charity, but I got the thrill and experience of a lifetime. What made it so special was that, even though I was technically a "background player", and I was at first grouped with the few other extras who were there, as soon as Patricia and the producer who set it up arrived on set, I was treated like royalty. I was given my wardrobe, as were the others, but they were sent to the set without going through hair and makeup, and I was given the full "star treatment". Someone (Patricia's assistant, maybe?) took my camera and took pictures of me in makeup with Patricia, and one of the exec producers who stopped to say hello to me. They all treated me like a princess. Before my scene with Patricia, one of the ADs took my camera and took more pictures of me and Patricia. Then they let me sit with the director and watch them shoot another scene. They basically gave me the run of the set and let me watch them rehearsing, and then shooting. Then I had lunch on the set, and everyone was so friendly, chatting with me, and telling me all about what was going on, explaining things to me and how things worked and why they did this or that.

When they broke for lunch, Patricia and Jake stopped to chat with me, and sign autographs and take more pictures. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Can't beat that!

I'm so bummed! NBC is supposedly renewing Medium for next season, but they haven't announced an official renewal yet, because they cannot agree on the number of episodes. Reportedly, NBC only wants 13 episodes, but the story is that Patricia has a guaranteed contract for 22 episodes, and NBC wants to negotiate that down to 13-16 episodes.

According to insiders, they still haven't reached a deal because Patricia won't agree to the reduced number of episodes.

That ticks me off. Mainly because I don't believe (or I hope) that Patricia would hold up the next season over a few episodes. But what really stinks is that NBC is willling to put the blame for the delay on her, when it's my opinion that the problem is NBC trying to lowball CBS over the licensing fees. They've done it with every one of their returning shows that are licensed from outside studios (Chuck, My Name is Earl) and even one of their own (Law & Order).

I really hope that the renewal is finalized and announced this week. I am going to be so disappointed if Medium doesn't come back next season.

Got my fingers crossed for you kid1 I'm sure it will be back and good as ever.

LOL!! Do I sound like I'm whining? I don't mean to. I just get so irritated at the network execs who seem to have no clue about programming a network for people who actually watch television.

I'm sure it'll be back too. It's just frustrating having to wait while the networks play their games. ^_^

It also kind of irks me that the network is willing to let Patricia take the blame for the delay.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Belt-tightening broadcasters continue to take hard-line stances against older, modestly performing shows.

CBS has canceled long-running military action-drama "The Unit" and veteran crime drama "Without a Trace," and NBC is putting an end to Thursday night comedy mainstay "My Name Is Earl" and thriller "Medium." The moves come after late-in-the-game saves for relatively new fan favorites like NBC's "Chuck" and Fox's "Dollhouse."

There's some potential silver lining -- "Medium" producer CBS TV Studios is close to setting the show on CBS, while "Earl" studio 20th TV is talking to Fox and ABC about one of the networks possibly picking up the comedy.

And hours after 20th TV-produced "The Unit" was canceled, the studio's syndication arm, Twentieth TV, announced that the military drama starring Dennis Haysbert has been sold in syndication for a fall 2010 launch.

In the wake of NBC's cancellation of "Medium," CBS Studios issued a statement blasting the network about its decision and the way it was handled.

"NBC's cancellation of 'Medium' is inexplicable to us," the statement said. "The ratings don't lie: 'Medium' outperforms many of NBC's renewed shows."

ABC in particular has been receptive to picking up rival shows, having taken "Scrubs" after NBC canceled the series last year and committing to take on "The New Adventures of Old Christine" should CBS have canceled the series (The eye network opted to renew the comedy).

Both "Earl" and "The Unit" ran four seasons; "Medium" for five; "Trace" for seven. "Earl" averaged 4.5 million viewers this season, "The Unit" pulled 9.6 million viewers, and "Medium" drew 7.2 million viewers.

News Source

GOOD NEWS! WAY TO GO CBS!

NEW YORK – Patricia Arquette is moving her psychic "Medium" character from NBC to CBS this fall.

CBS has a move planned for another crime-solver, too. The network says it will shift its hit show "The Mentalist" from Tuesday to Thursday nights.

Viewers can say goodbye to "Without a Trace," "The Unit" and "11th Hour." CBS says it's canceling the three dramas.

The network will introduce new shows next fall with Julianna Margulies as a disgraced district attorney's wife and Jenna Elfman as a film critic who gets pregnant after a one-night stand.

News Source

YIPPPEEE!! This is the best news I've had all week!! I'm so happy! This is the best thing that could have happened to Medium.

CBS owns the show so they'll likely promote it better, and give it more support. And they're bringing it back in the fall , months earlier than NBC would have, and they're already showing it a lot of love by moving it to Fridays and scheduling it between Ghost Whisperer and Numbers, two shows with excellent ratings. And it's competition won't be nearly as tough as it was on Mondays. NBC has scheduled Southland against it, and ABC has scheduled Ugly Betty opposite it.

So this is probably the best news ever!! I bet the ratings are gonna really jump for Medium next season.

I'd love to see another JAG scenario. CBS picked that up after NBC dropped it and it went on to have nine successful seasons and spawn one of the most successful spinoffs on CBS. I'd love to see that happen. :D

Yippee!! One more episode of Medium on NBC!! I'm gonna be sad to see the season end, but at least it's switching to CBS in the fall and we don't have to wait for nine months for it to return!

For those of you who might have watched the Medium season finale on Monday night hoping (well, maybe not hoping, more like expecting) to see my walk on role, no, you didn't miss me. As I was told from the beginning and as I mentioned, there was always a possibility that my part might have been cut out. And dammit, it was!! But not by much! If you saw the very last scene on the show, when Allison was in the ICU in a coma (and then those dreaded words To Be Continued appeared on the screen), that was the scene that I shot with Patricia. Unfortunately, apparently at the discretion of Glenn Gordon Caron (who has final say over every episode, I'm just sayin') the scene was cut short. If it had run just a few seconds longer, you would have seen me. In the scene, I played Allison's ICU nurse, and I walked into the room on the opposite side of the bed, checked the IV fluids and the pump and the ventilator that was there, and then I walked out. No dialogue, thank goodness. But for whatever reason, they decided to cut that scene short and add the wakeup montage. (If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about.)

Oh, well, c'est la vie! I still have my wonderful memories of that day and my pictures even if I never get to see that scene. So anyway, as promised, here are some of the pictures from that day. These are just the ones on my Photobucket album. I've posted more at my Patricia Arquette Yahoo group, and I wrote a little blog about my experience that day if anyone wants to read it. Just click on the link in the bottom of my post.

Here's some of my favorite pics from that day. Sorry if some of them are a little fuzzy. I was excited and nervous at the same time!

Me with Patricia, Jake Weber, and producer Laurie Seidman! They were all so incredibly nice to me, and Patricia and Jake both chatted with me and signed autographs for me, in addition to taking pictures with me.

ChattingwithPatriciaandJakeandLauri.jpg

Patricia in rehearsal for the scene when the doctor gives her the bad news. I watched them rehearse and shoot that entire scene. Took about two hours!

DSCF1255.jpg

Here's a few of me and the gorgeous Jake Weber! Ain't he a hunk! And he's a sweetheart in person too!

Jakesigningautographsforme.jpg

Jakesigning.jpg

MeandJake.jpg

Me and Patricia and Jake! Jake was funny. Before we shot this, he goes, Who gets to be the pickle in the middle?!

MeandPatriciaandJake.jpg

SEE, I told you I did a scene with Patricia!! She was so great during this, laughing and joking, giving me acting tips and just talking about normal stuff. She couldn't get over my being cast as an ICU nurse, especially since I work in a hospital. And every time they went to do something technical with the medical stuff (the endotracheal tube, the blood pressure cuff, or whatever), she would look at me and go, is that right, Dawn? Really made me feel welcome and right at home, and important, because they had an advisor on set, but they didn't always call him. It felt like she went out of her way to include me, and make me feel needed, and not just an "extra".

MeandPatriciabeforeourscene.jpg

Me with exec producer Ron Schwary

MeandRon.jpg

Me sitting in the "video village". They let me have the run of the set all day, and gave me a chair right next to, but slightly behind the director, and gave me a set of headphones so I could watch and listen to the action on the monitor. The crew went out of their way to give me the VIP treatment. One of the ADs was always there when I needed a picture taken and he often asked me for my camera because I was so excited I kept forgetting I had it, lol! He took this picture. The crew always went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and explain to me what things were and how they worked. The AD that I mentioned even sat with me at lunch and we had a long chat, and he explained to me in detail how that scene in the garage played out, and how they did the special fx for it. Cool!

Meonsetinthevideovillage.jpg

This is one of my favorites, because this was when I most enjoyed chatting with Patricia. I was flabbergasted when I walked into the makeup trailer and she was sitting there!! And when Laurie introduced us, Patricia was immediately warm and open. She thanked me for helping out the charity that the auction had benefitted, and then we just started chatting about normal stuff. She was floored when Laurie told her about the casting "coup" they pulled off (me as a nurse, lol!) and she kept remarking about the perfect casting, as she called it. ( She laughed about that all day!) And she wanted to know all about me, and my job and why I was in LA. She was very interested when I began to describe my job to her (because it's kind of unique) and wanted to know all about it. And she had even autographed a photo of herself for me beforehand with a very sweet note thanking me for "working with them on Medium"!! How cool was that?!

Patriciaandmeinthemakeuptrailer.jpg

Truly one of, if not THE most, amazing days of my life, and I will treasure it always. And I am forever grateful to Patricia for not only making it possible, but making it so memorable.

If you ever get to read this, Patricia, THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOUR FAN FOREVER, MEDIUMFAN

This is so cool. Congrats MF. The pictures are great and I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

WOW, that's so cool!!!