mediumfan

Patricia Arquette thread

You met HER? OMG...spill it!

Are you kidding? I had the chance in January when she was in NYC doing promotion for the new season of Medium, and a friend of mine up there told me that she was going to be making an appearance at the NBC store to sign autographs. So, OF COURSE I had to go. I'm only a couple of hours away, so I skipped work and took off to NYC to meet her, and OMG!!! It was SOOOO AMAZING!! She is even MORE beautiful, and luminous in person than she is in pictures or on television. And she was the nicest, most down-to-earth person I have ever met, and that's sayin' a lot because I met Thomas and her brother David last year, and I thought they were the nicest guys I had ever met, and then I met her. I still think Thomas and David are awesome, and I love 'em both to death, but Patricia was just so amazing. She completely BLEW ME AWAY when I met her because my friend who had told me about her being there (who is also a big fan of hers) was also there and I let him go ahead of me (we were the first ones there, natch), and he gave her some pictures that he had cribbed off of my Myspace page and printed, of me with Thomas and David. Anyway, he told her that I was a huge fan of hers, and Thomas, and about me meeting them last year at a screening of The Tripper. So when I walked up to her (we met her one on one and everyone had the chance to spend a few minutes chatting with her and take pictures and get autographs), she smiled at me and said, "Oh, the Tripper, hi!" and CALLED ME BY MY NAME. Before I could even open my mouth!! Then she shook my hand and introduced herself like, "Hi, I'm Patricia." (As if I didn't know that!!) But that's what I mean about her being so down to Earth about it. She was so warm and friendly and happily posed for several pictures and chatted with me while she signed a couple of items for me, including a Medium t-shirt and my season 3 dvd set which I happened to have with me. I was so nervous that I couldn't form a coherent thought, and I ended up babbling half the time, but she was so sweet and absolutely one of the coolest people I have ever had the good fortune to meet.

Before I met her, I thought she was amazing, but after that, I think she's so much more than that. Words cannot describe it.

If you want to see some pics of that day, there are lots of them at both of my Patricia Arquette groups at Yahoo. They're in a folder called "NBC Experience Store".

I also wrote a blog about meeting her at my Myspace page if you want to check it out.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=345774310

And there's lots of pics on my Myspace page of meeting her, as well as meeting Thomas and David last year. Anyway, I could happily go on talking about this forever, because it was such an amazing moment, and I'll treasure it always. But I don't want people to think I'm braggin' or anything. So check out my groups or my Myspace if you're interested.

Here's some teasers for ya! :lol

th_115979-R1-02-4A_003.jpgth_115980-R1-06-13_007.jpgth_115978-R1-15-9A_016.jpgth_115978-R1-12-12A_013.jpg

Mediumfan

I am officially going to faint now! This is so great! Heading over to your MySpace now...

Cool! Hope you like 'em. And feel free to join my groups if you're interested.

Mediumfan

Cool! I will when I am home later tonight. Did you get my MySpace request?

I got it. You're in. Let me know what you think. Hope to see you at my groups too.

Mediumfan

Kewlness! Will definitely check it out.

Guest FADoss
LOL, Fred!! Would you like me to change the thread title so it doesn't scare you so much? :lol:

Mediumfan

No I'm good. Talking about my fears has helped me overcome. :)

THIS is beautiful. The LA Times has a nice feature on Patricia in their Sunday Conversation segment, and even though it's short, it's incredible. Patricia talks about her family and her childhood, and she talks a lot about her sister Alexis and acceptance, and overcoming obstacles such as physical appearance and loving someone for who they are instead of how they look. This is something that I wish the whole world could read. It would be a much better place if more people thought like this, or weren't afraid to say it out loud. This is why she's so amazing.

Mediumfan

I am trippin now because when I watch her she is as real as hell to me. I am glad she doesn't wear any masks. I could hang out with her and just have a great friend, you know what I mean? I went to a reunion of sorts and the one thing that stood out was how fake it seemed to me. I had guys who would not have given me the time of day in high school now wanting to get to know me. I was like you had your chance and you blew it...big time. I still see myself in glasses, braces and orthopedic shoes. My real friends were the smart people who weren't impressed by any of them and thank goodness I have maintained their friendships.

Both of those are neat articles.

And I know what you mean about her being so real. She totally seems like someone you could just hang out with and be cool, and just be yourself, because she doesn't get caught up in all the Hollywood hype and the "star" ego crap.

I know what you mean about high school too. I was the same way. In school, I didn't hang with the "smart kids", even though I was as smart as them, but I wasn't as "cool" as them, and they barely gave me the time of day, but as soon as we graduated, they were all friendly and wanting to be nice, and I blew them off the same way they did to me. And I have never been to a single class reunion. There's nothing back there that I miss, so I have no reason to revisit that place or those people. There's a very small handful of people from high school that I still talk to occasionally, but the rest of them I don't miss.

Mediumfan

I think it is wrong to treat people so shabbily. My mother said "The greatest lesson ever learned is in kindergarten; you learn how to say please and thank you. That's all you really need to remember; just be kind." I have tried to keep that thought process, but sometimes....*shaking my fist*.... :P

B0007ZEOLE_01__SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Has anyone seen this movie? I watched it last night, and oh, my God! This is one of those movies that stays with you long after you've seen it. It's one of those dark pieces that reaches down and grabs you by the throat, and it brings up the darker aspects of human nature and reminds us of those things that we would rather not know about. Patricia was great in this, even though some people have criticized her accent in this one, and said it sounded fake. I thought it was fine, and her performance was awesome. But as dark as the tone of the movie is, the ending is one of those OHMIGOD endings, a lot like The Mist in the way it kicks you in the gut and leaves you breathless. Though it isn't as powerful as The Mist's ending, and it's effect is a bit more subtle, the effect of it is still wrenching. I still felt like crying hours after I had watched it.

But for all that, I still love this movie so much that I bought the book to read. :lol:

Anybody else seen this? Thoughts?

mediumfan

Was that the one with Robin Williams too? For some reason, I remember him in this too. Powerful movie!

Yes, it was. As a matter of fact, he is in the very last scene in the movie, when he (the explosives dealer) is walking through the crowded street.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I won't give the ending away, but it is definitely a WOW ending, a lot like The Mist in the way that it stays with you long after it's over. At least it did for me, though someone on another Patricia forum disagreed and said the movie sucked. He hated it, but that's not surprising knowing him. But I loved it. It was a very powerful, thought-provoking movie (which is the kind that Patricia loves to do). And the funny thing is that even though it's a period piece, and it was set at the turn of the nineteenth century, and it was written at that time, it is still very relevant today, especially in the wake of Sept. 11. In a way, it shows that while some things have changed in the last hundred or so years, a lot of things are still the same. The reasons for the wars may be different, but there have always been wars being waged somewhere by someone. That's one of the saddest things about this movie, that in all that time, we still haven't learned anything. And very little has changed.

And we are the advanced civilization. What a shame.

You know what I mean?

Another interesting thing about this is the list of actors who appeared in it. In addition to Patricia, Bob Hoskins, and Robin Williams, it also had Gerard Depardieu, Christian Bale (Batman Begins) and Eddie Izzard (The Riches) in it. Cool, huh?

Mediumfan

I love Bob Hoskins' work; another underrated actor in my opinion. Christian Bale was great. I thought the whole cast was impressive.

I agree. I thought the whole cast was great, but I was talking to that same someone on another board :lol: and he says that this was not one of Patricia's best movies, as far as her acting. He hated her accent, and said he didn't like her acting in this one. But I thought she was great in it. Like I told him, I think part of his problem with her may not have been her as much as it was the character, because the movie was set at the turn of the century when women were treated differently, they acted differently, and there were different expectations of them, so maybe it was that that he was picking up on more than her performance. I thought her performance was spot-on in that.

Aside from her, I think my favorite characters in the movie were the brother and the explosives dealer. The way Christian Bale played Stevie was so sweet and touching. And Robin Williams as the dealer was a surprising bit of casting, but he was amazingly effective in that part.

Especially at the end, when he walked into the crowded street and squeezes the trigger on the explosive he was wearing. That look on his face was absolutely bone-chilling. It was sheer madness. Even though he had just consigned himself and everyone around him to die, he looked strangely, maniacally happy.

Probably my favorite scene was when the detective came to see Winnie and told her about the explosion, and he had the torn fragment of the coat. As she slowly started to suspect what had happened, her reaction was so sad. I thought Patricia was excellent in it, and then later when she realizes the truth, her reaction is soul-tearing. There are quite a few moments that I could point to in this and say they were some of my favorites. I just think it's an excellent movie, even though it is sad and somewhat difficult to watch. That's why I can't watch it too often. I have to space my viewings out for my own sanity. :lol:

And something I was noticing recently too is that, in all of Patricia's movies, (which I have seen most of), there are very few light-hearted or downright funny movies, even though Patricia is very funny, but most of her movies are pretty serious. With the exception of Little Nicky and Flirting with Disaster, almost all of her movies are serious. Even Human Nature, which is funny, has a dark undertone. But Patricia has commented herself about her dark sense of humor. :P Maybe that's why I like her so much. :lol:

Mediumfan

I thought she was great too and I felt her accent added to her performance.

I did too, but not everyone appreciates the same things. There are some performances of hers that I might find fault with, but not that one. It was very effective. Too bad so many of her best performances are overlooked because they are in independent movies and are ignored by mainstream Hollywood.

That's why I'm so happy to see her doing so well on Medium and getting some long overdue and well-deserved accolades. It's about time that Hollywood started showing her some respect. But I've found that often some of the best actors are the ones who are largely overlooked by the mainstream. Sad, isn't it?

mediumfan

I really believe that it was divine intervention that got Patricia that show. She had been working hard at her craft and finally got that gig. She seems so comfortable in that role; like it was made for her, you know what I mean? I will watch that show with my friends and I sit there showing them things in her delivery. I just believe that if you work hard enough, mix that with love and discipline, you will be blessed with the good things in life. She had her ups and downs, and now she is full circle. All of us have to go through it eventually; no one is perfect. NO ONE.

Just my .02 cents.

patricia_arquette_01.jpg

patricia_arquette_02.jpg

I really believe that it was divine intervention that got Patricia that show. She had been working hard at her craft and finally got that gig. She seems so comfortable in that role; like it was made for her, you know what I mean? I will watch that show with my friends and I sit there showing them things in her delivery. I just believe that if you work hard enough, mix that with love and discipline, you will be blessed with the good things in life. She had her ups and downs, and now she is full circle. All of us have to go through it eventually; no one is perfect. NO ONE.

Just my .02 cents.

It probably is true that there was some divine help in her getting that part. She does seem like she belongs in that role, like she was born to play that part. I guess it's true what they say, that good things come to those who wait. It certainly paid off for her.

Mediumfan

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.