mediumfan

Patricia Arquette thread

Since no one else seems to be interested in Patricia Arquette, this is the last thing that I'm going to post in this thread. If anyone else wants to, go ahead.

Today is Patricia's birthday, and I just wanted to wish her a very happy one, and hope she's having a great one! Best Wishes, Patricia.

Since no one else seems to be interested in Patricia Arquette, this is the last thing that I'm going to post in this thread. If anyone else wants to, go ahead.

Today is Patricia's birthday, and I just wanted to wish her a very happy one, and hope she's having a great one! Best Wishes, Patricia.

Sorry I missed Patricia's b'day. And mediumfan, I like reading your posts in this thread. Just 'cause I don't comment doesn't mean I'm not interested. ;)

I can't help but notice the whole board is in a bit of a lull right now. These things have their own rhythms. So please, keep posting!

Sorry I missed Patricia's b'day. And mediumfan, I like reading your posts in this thread. Just 'cause I don't comment doesn't mean I'm not interested. ;)

I can't help but notice the whole board is in a bit of a lull right now. These things have their own rhythms. So please, keep posting!

Thanks, kdedu. I just wasn't sure if anyone was actually reading the things that I wrote in this thread, and it was starting to make me feel a little creepy, to be honest, like I was the only one who gave a damn, and that was a weird feeling. But if others are interested in sharing their thoughts about Patricia, or her work and career, I will happily continue the discussion. I just don't want to be the only one talking.

And yes, I've noticed too that the board has been pretty quiet lately. Wonder where everyone is?

WOW!!! Patricia Arquette was on a whirlwind fundraising trip in Houston, TX on Tuesday and it was a HUGE success!!!

The event was a smashing success, raising over $100,000 for her foundation, GiveLove.org . Here's a couple of articles about the event, with photos and a video of Patricia talking about her passion for the people of Haiti and this cause.

http://www.culturemap.com/newsdetail/04-15...-relief-effort/

This one has a great video.

http://blogs.chron.com/socialclimbing/2010...ousing_for.html

Here's a couple more short articles about Patricia and Balthazar Getty's partnership and their mission.

http://www.tonic.com/article/gerard-arquet...et-a-gold-star/

http://www.nicernews.com/2010/04/patricia-...eless-in-haiti/

Way to go, Patricia!! Good for you!!

Wow! That interview was excellent. Patricia has a real handle on the situation - bringing together clever design (container homes) and sustainability (recapturing rain) to help a desperate situation. I love the model.

She hypothesized that if the idea works in Haiti, it could work in Africa or Kentucky. The other place she needs to remember is the Abruzzo region in Italy. My husband's family is from that area. His aunt was visiting relatives in L'Aquila when the earthquake hit. The year anniversary was a few weeks ago and NO ONE carried it on the news (Al Jezerra did but no other big news outlets did - I guess they don't want to bad mouth the Italian govt - they've gotten so much bad press lately, I guess). But those people are desperate too - they're still living in tents on soccer fields as well!

Wow, that is so sad about that region of Italy. I had no idea about that. But what I think is awesome about this project is its innovation, and the fact that they are thinking globally. There are so many applications for this type of project. After watching this video, I was thinking about all of the poor places in the world where this type of model could be put into place in a matter of weeks, and how much good they could do. I mean, the rainwater reclamation and water filtration prototypes alone could be so useful even in places where people have homes, but may not have access to clean drinking water. I also read on their website that they are working on greywater reclamation and on finding cleaner, more efficient methods of cooking. When you look at what they're doing, and the techniques that they're coming up with, it's pretty darned impressive what they're doing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.