Enaira

Wales ComicCon April 2021

2 hours ago, Gail said:

I’m a teensy bit grumpy for obvious reasons 😞 I just needed to vent ever so slightly amongst friends

I understand and I'm so sorry for you 😩

Thanks Ariane 😘

Like I said, I totally get that it’s a tiny little pinprick of a problem and I really do hope that everyone here, and their loved ones, are keeping safe and well.

I'm hoping this get the go ahead for August but wondering if even that will happen now. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

As far as Thomas and I know this will be going ahead. Virus has moved the whole year about so plenty of re shuffling  now done and some new opportunities opened but this is still in the schedule.

Hope so Geoff - keeping fingers crossed 🤞 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

some new opportunities opened 

Are you at liberty to divulge any details or are they hush-hush for now? 🤔

The video game industry is booming right now, with their workers able to work from home and the users all isolated 😁 so depending on the type of "immersive content" that Renegade plans to develop, it could be "easier to make" than a movie.

Good point! 😉

It's all movie (and TV) stuff for now both for Renegade and for Thomas' own projects.

Cant divulge I'm afraid but NE is def next up to be shot. Still planned in Vegas for late June all being well. 

Much obliged as always Geoff 👍

On 3/21/2020 at 8:16 PM, Enaira said:

TJ IS CONFIRMED FOR AUGUST!!! Firstly: great news for you guys in the UK! I am so happy this event is postponed, not cancelled.

Secondly for us outside of UK it means... let's start to plan 😁 I found the idea of sharing a rental apartment awesome. 

Ok RAW friends... since March 21st when I wrote this, a lot of things happened. I just wanted to update you that I won't come to the UK in August. There are so many reasons not to plan this trip that I don't know where to start. I really do hope it will take place. That would be awesome for those living nearby and a great opportunity to wear all kinds of strange, or colourful, or disturbing or fan work masks...

But with the non-existent flight schedules, quarantine rules, risk of a second wave due to the holiday season, plus the little voice inside me telling me that burning so much kerosene to spend just a night in the UK is irresponsible, that's a no go for me.

54 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Ok RAW friends... since March 21st when I wrote this, a lot of things happened. I just wanted to update you that I won't come to the UK in August. There are so many reasons not to plan this trip that I don't know where to start. I really do hope it will take place. That would be awesome for those living nearby and a great opportunity to wear all kinds of strange, or colourful, or disturbing or fan work masks...

But with the non-existent flight schedules, quarantine rules, risk of a second wave due to the holiday season, plus the little voice inside me telling me that burning so much kerosene to spend just a night in the UK is irresponsible, that's a no go for me.

Aw no Ariane - that makes me really sad 😞😪 but I totally understand why you've come to that decision, I can't disagree with anything you've said.  It would have been great to meet up with you, but hopefully there will be chances further down the line 🤞

The little voice in my head is saying that there's every chance it'll get pushed back again or cancelled altogether for this year.  I haven't heard anything that suggests large gatherings are going to be allowed any time soon, so as much as I'm dying to meet Thomas I'm trying to remain realistic and not get my hopes up too much.  Fingers still crossed but it will come as no surprise if the worst happens.

I've heard nothing but with the current 2m rule, even possible 1m rule let alone numbers of people who can gather I'm not convinced but with 2 months to go and restrictions being relaxed all the time who knows. 

Let’s think positive until we know different 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

So MCM have cancelled October but nothing new on Telford yet and looking at their FB page a lot of people trying to get refunds haven't gotten anything yet, even after 6 weeks, including those for guests who aren't going. :( 

Getting a bit worried about it as its a lot of money paid out to not get back.  Trying to stay positive though... 

Awww let's hope they will refund everyone. I'm sorry if it gets cancelled but at least you all should get your money back.

Truth be told no one knows. Not even Thomas.

We are all keeping an eye on it but so far have heard nothing to say it isnt happening but they are getting more lockdowns in LA and we are starting to get a few local ones here again so its too early to tell, no new guests have been booked as far as im aware but I'll keep everyone posted. 

So April’s event was postponed about six weeks before it was due to go ahead, so I guess we’ll be hearing something in the next couple of weeks if it’s being pushed back again or cancelled - gotta say it’s not looking promising at the moment though 🥺

The "worst case" would be that they keep the event with only British stars and therefore refuse to reimburse the fans. The USA are currently on the wrong side of the curve and I don't see how that could improve within such a short period of 6 weeks. I don't see how Tom could travel. I would love to be wrong. 

15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Truth be told no one knows. Not even Thomas.

We are all keeping an eye on it but so far have heard nothing to say it isnt happening but they are getting more lockdowns in LA and we are starting to get a few local ones here again so its too early to tell, no new guests have been booked as far as im aware but I'll keep everyone posted. 

Thanks Geoff, and yeah things don't look great over there.. :(

4 hours ago, Enaira said:

The "worst case" would be that they keep the event with only British stars and therefore refuse to reimburse the fans. The USA are currently on the wrong side of the curve and I don't see how that could improve within such a short period of 6 weeks. I don't see how Tom could travel. I would love to be wrong. 

Yeah that's what I've been thinking.. don't want anyone travelling when its not safe to do so.  

Sorry guys this isn't going to happen.

Official announcement will be soon and we are checking into 2021 April availability now.

Ah nuts - had a feeling that was gonna happen ☹️ better to be safe than sorry though.
Thanks for the quick update Geoff 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Sorry guys this isn't going to happen.

Official announcement will be soon and we are checking into 2021 April availability now.

On the plus side, it means there's a greater chance for me being able to attend, and meet my fellow RAWarriors... so all's well in the world, after all! 🥳

Love and share your optimism! I could be there as well. Who knows! 

Good points well made ladies - got my fingers crossed really tightly! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.