Enaira

Wales ComicCon April 2020

Hey, any time at all in his presence will be a dream come true!! 

I shall endeavour to get there but I won't know until closer to the date - finances are a bit tight at the moment. It would be beyond amazing to have (a) RAW Meet!

(Yes, I know, I know - @Enaira and I have already chuckled over this!)

Y'know what would be cool? If we rented an AirBnB between us!

2 hours ago, Nicole said:

Y'know what would be cool? If we rented an AirBnB between us!

Ha ha! Good move! I got accustomed to Gail regularly trying to retrieve Tom's phone number from Geoff 😉 but this is innovative! 

Just kidding, I know what you meant and I would be on board if I were in the UK.

I know - this is taking it to a whole new level!!!  And I get called a hussy!! 😂😂

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Ha ha! Good move! I got accustomed to Gail regularly trying to retrieve Tom's phone number from Geoff 😉 but this is innovative! 

OMG... I didn't even think of that! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Just kidding, I know what you meant and I would be on board if I were in the UK.

It's such a shame that you can't be. If it does happen, expect Skype calls!

1 hour ago, Gail said:

I know - this is taking it to a whole new level!!! 

What can I say, I do inadvertent strumpetry in style! 🤣

1 hour ago, Gail said:

And I get called a hussy!! 😂😂

Clearly, you are a very good teacher, my friend! 😘

1 hour ago, Nicole said:

Clearly, you are a very good teacher, my friend! 😘

I do what I can!  😉

4 hours ago, Nicole said:

strumpetry

Strumpetry! Nice new word, loving my English lessons here 🤗

Our Nicole certainly has a way with words!! 😀

13 hours ago, Gail said:

Our Nicole certainly has a way with words!! 😀

Peace Out Applause GIF

I just looked at the guest list - sooo cool that Torchwood is still doing the rounds. I used to go to all the Torchwood cons, and they were so much fun! Looks like a great lineup (assuming none of them cancel!).

I’m sorry, but there’s only one name on the list (if we’re talking about actually seeing them) that’s of any interest to me!  😉 

2 hours ago, Gail said:

I’m sorry, but there’s only one name on the list (if we’re talking about actually seeing them) that’s of any interest to me!  😉 

Yeah, James Marsters is super-cool!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Erm, who? 🤔

(Sorry James Marsters, whoever you are)

* EDIT I’m sure he’s never heard of me either 😉 *

3 hours ago, Gail said:

Erm, who? 🤔

(Sorry James Marsters, whoever you are)

* EDIT I’m sure he’s never heard of me either 😉 *

Spike from Buffy. And he speaks very highly of you! 🤣

45 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Spike from Buffy. And he speaks very highly of you! 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Used to love Buffy The Vampire Slayer so looking forward to meeting James. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Used to love Buffy The Vampire Slayer so looking forward to meeting James. 

Sadly, I've never managed to meet him; twice he was due to attends cons I was at, and both times, he had to cancel. Such a shame. By all accounts, he's a really fun person, and totally gets into the spirit of things. Now that it's on Prime, K and I are currently watching an episode of Buffy each night!

In other news, it seems the fates have decided that I shan't be able to go to WCC after all, due to the weekend passes being sold out. 😭😭😭😭

Part of me is a bit relieved to not to have to make that decision because logically, I have to be careful with money at the mo' because we need to move closer to the fam. K's mum has recently had a couple of falls, and while she's fine now, she is in her mid-80s, and should she need looking after, it would be grossly unfair to expect K's sister and her family to have to do it. So right now, it would be wholly irresponsible of me to go and spend several hundred pounds on attending RAWmeet ... ummm....comic con, when that money should be put toward the cost of moving house.

I am, nevertheless, truly sorry at not being able to meet up with fellow RAWsters - it would have been so much fun. But I know you're all going to have a blast, and I shall be terribly envious!

Aw that sucks Nicole, but I totally get why.  Would have been great to meet up - at this rate I’ll be the only one waving the RAW banner on Sunday!  To be fair, it’s a wee bit irresponsible of me too since Beloved has just decided to jack in his job (26 years service and the management don’t even seem to be that bothered he’s going, but at least I have a happy man at home again), but then this could be the only chance that Thomas (and Geoff!) get to meet me so what’s a girl to do? 🤷‍♀️

21 minutes ago, Gail said:

Aw that sucks Nicole, but I totally get why.  Would have been great to meet up - at this rate I’ll be the only one waving the RAW banner on Sunday!  

And I'm sure you'll an admirable job! I really would have loved to meet you - fingers crossed there'll be other opportunities, though!

22 minutes ago, Gail said:

To be fair, it’s a wee bit irresponsible of me too since Beloved has just decided to jack in his job (26 years service and the management don’t even seem to be that bothered he’s going, but at least I have a happy man at home again).

I don't imagine he made the decision lightly - it's a big step. Has he taken early retirement, or will he do something else?

K fired his London agent on Monday, and I couldn't be happier about it. Y'know that sound the tractor beam makes when Obi Wan powers it down? That's basically K's stress levels decreasing! 

34 minutes ago, Gail said:

...but then this could be the only chance that Thomas (and Geoff!) get to meet me so what’s a girl to do? 🤷‍♀️

It's a tough one, to be sure, and frankly, too good an opportunity for the guys to miss out on. I think you've done right; after all, we wouldn't want them feeling too deprived... it's bad enough they won't get to meet me, wouldn't want them crying into their pillows for the duration of the con. :rolleyes: :lol:

42 minutes ago, Nicole said:

And I'm sure you'll an admirable job! I really would have loved to meet you - fingers crossed there'll be other opportunities, though!

I’ll do my best to uphold the honour of the collective RAWarriors, hope there’ll be more opportunities to meet somewhere down the line 🤞

44 minutes ago, Nicole said:

I don't imagine he made the decision lightly - it's a big step. Has he taken early retirement, or will he do something else?

K fired his London agent on Monday, and I couldn't be happier about it. Y'know that sound the tractor beam makes when Obi Wan powers it down? That's basically K's stress levels decreasing! 

It was quite a big decision to make, financially as much as anything, but we will manage - I’d rather be a bit poorer but happy, and that description of stress levels decreasing was exactly the same! 😀 He’s not retiring as such but might just look for something part time to keep him occupied (and stop him trashing the house!!) 🔨😲

47 minutes ago, Gail said:

something part time to keep him occupied (and stop him trashing the house!!) 🔨😲

You know with his newly gained "free time", he might lurk around here and check all the nonsense you're writing 😱 😉

Ooh, hope not - I keep trying to tell him I’m busy at work!! 🤭

Just noticed that Burn Gorman's showing on the guest list now - whoop whoop! 😁

(Unless he was there all along and I just got carried away with Mr Jane's appearance 😉)

I bet there will be other cast members from the Expanse announced soon, since the Wales ComicCon posted "The Expanse" a few weeks ago without any further notice, as a kind of teaser. We now have Tom and Burn, Dominique is a logical bet I presume.