Hi, I teach at an elementary school and have a student I teach.  One of the ways I engage him is comics.  He loves them and even creates his own comic books with imaginary characters and characters based on his friends.  He has even created his own company name and logo he puts on the comic books and sells to his classmates.  My question is what are some resources to direct him to, to further develop his talent for creating comics? He is already past any resources as an elementary teacher I have access to. Thank you!

Hello Nealyh,

My guess would be that he needs to learn some techniques and get directions from a professional. Whatever talent he may have it seems to be appropriate in order to "grow". So probably find someone local giving him lessons and helping him to perfect?

I'm just guessing that being a school pupil he doesn't master everything yet (drawing, colouring, plot, script...)

Hi Enaira,

I wish there was someone local to refer him too. Our community is very small.  I may look in the Dallas area and see if there is someone that may be willing to give feedback for him. Any ideas on age appropriate (10-12 years) YouTube videos that are good?  Thank you!

I'm sorry Nealyh,

I know my answer is of no use but I wanted to give you a signal anyway. Neither am I active into the comics business nor am I living in the Dallas area.

Currently this forum is very TJ-centric but you might ask some "older" members per Direct Message and hopefully get some better answers. Please stroll in the Tim Bradstreet older threads.

Good luck!

Hi Nealyh,

There is not one clear answer as everyone's career is different and started differently but the below link is an hour interview taken back in 2011 with Tim Bradstreet (almost being interviewed by Thomas)  but in a lot of it is Tim talking about how he got to where he is today so might help.

https://youtu.be/0B326xSPSxQ

G