sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles

Awesome poster - and Tom's front 'n' center! :D Love the color scheme and grittiness - a balance of darkness and light. :)

Jen

That's a luscious fuckin poster if I may say so. Can't wait to see that bad boy up in theaters!

-Raf

David, that poster is so very cool. I've been waiting for this film forever. It's nice to see some of the graphics finally beginning to make their way out.

I feel very fortunate that the guy responsible for it is right here, talking about it himself. All the Dark Country stuff is really excellent to see as well.

Love this forum.

Just dug up a link to an article that says studio is holding up release of Mutant Chronicles, with no U.S. release date set yet, but with a December premiere in Russia! ... not sure if this info is official at all, but that's the latest I've seen online.

Here's the link:

http://news.scifinow.co.uk/?p=287

Jen

Just dug up a link to an article that says studio is holding up release of Mutant Chronicles, with no U.S. release date set yet, but with a December premiere in Russia! ... not sure if this info is official at all, but that's the latest I've seen online.

Here's the link:

http://news.scifinow.co.uk/?p=287

Jen

That would make for a long road trip. Oh, the joys of Russia in December. Not.

So they are going to screen it at Comicon for 2000 folks and then nothing domestically after that until who know when? I don't get it.

-skye

Yeah, it seems like everyone is picking this up.

And they are getting it straight from here on the RAW boards.

At the risk of being sued, Jane has given the RAW boards the exclusive ;)

Check it - Scock Till You Drop - Mutant

Also - Filmofilia - Mutant Chronicles poster

- Sci-Fi Cool

- Row Three

Some sites are being real bitches, trying to take a piss on Chronicles because it's been shot for two years.

Guess no one bothers to research why it's taken so long. Nothing to do with miniatures and models in lieu of CGI . . .

People are so quick to judge. Fuck 'em. Well there are sites who love all things Chronicles as well. It's just a bummer when I come across a seemingly legit site that is dismissing the film before they've even seen it.

- TB

Aww, TB, you know there are always gonna be naysayers and pessimists who have to crap in everybody else's cornflakes. It's human nature. So I say screw 'em. At the end of the day, the folks who made this movie know what they did, and whatever anybody else says ain't gonna take away from that. And if the fans are gonna like the movie, they're gonna like it, no matter what those guys say.

Ain't it so cool that all these sites are gettin' the straight dope from right here at this li'l ol' forum? That's so awesome.

And no matter what anybody else says, I still think Allcock's latest poster is much better than the original teaser poster. It's got a classic The Day the Earth Stood Still, old-school, sci-fi feel to it, and that's what this movie's about. Also doesn't hurt that it's got TJ front and center lookin' so hot and badass with that big ol' gun. ;)

Mediumfan

Also -

Obviously there is some CG in this film, but it's minimal.

Most of the stuff was shot practical with miniatures.

Crazy fucked up cool miniatures ;)

- TB

This movie is going to have a great old-school look and feal to it. I think this will be what Indiana Jone: KOTCS should have been (in style and execution).

Shock Til You Drop web site has a nice Russian poster for Mutant Chronicles as well as the actress Anna Walton talking a bit about her experience on the set of this movie. Check it out here:

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=6755

Jen

God do I wish I could be. I live in the middle of the god damn country though. North Dakota Baby!!! (please, no jokes about the snow and straw hats and buggies. We do have cars and cable tv and what have you).

I do wish I could be there too, but I'm on the frickin' right coast (that's the East coast). Would love to be there, but sadly I guess I'll have to wait until it's released. Hope we don't have to wait too much longer for that. Good luck at Comic Con.

Mediumfan

I do wish I could be there too, but I'm on the frickin' right coast (that's the East coast). Would love to be there, but sadly I guess I'll have to wait until it's released. Hope we don't have to wait too much longer for that. Good luck at Comic Con.

Mediumfan

Me too, MF. We get Dragon Con in Georgia, and that's about it. Good luck, TJ!

Guest AdminGuyX

Saturday is sold out, so here is to hoping you have a massive turnout for the screening!!

So pissed I can't be there this year.

:(

I posted the following news at my Yahoo Group on Tom 1st, then I came here and saw that Tom said there's a Saturday screening...LOL

Anyway, check out what Ron Perlman's said about the screening while promoting his Hellboy II here:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=56990

Jen

"Walton and Perlman are part of an ensemble cast that also includes Jane, Devon Aoki, Benno Furmann, Sean Pertwee, John Malkovich, Luis Miguel and Tom Wu. The film is the major feature-film directorial debut of British filmmaker Simon Hunter and was written by Phillip Eisner (Event Horizon)."

I like that Jane doesn't even need a first name. LOL. They mention his whole name later but the first two times they simply mention him as...Jane.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.