Mutant Chronicles

Looks like Sci-fi channel will premiere MC on the 27th of June. Guess we can look at a DVD release in July or something?

http://fangoriaonline.com/home/news/9-film...coming-too.html

I hope so! I want to see the US version of the film and see how different it is to the version I have.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Sci-fi channel will premiere MC on the 27th of June. Guess we can look at a DVD release in July or something?

Found this link where it mentions the 4th of August as a DVD release date. I wonder if that's true?

http://www.horroryearbook.com/544836/mutan...sci-fi-then-dvd

Just received this from David Stoner, producer at Silva Screen, concerning the release of Richard Wells' score for Mutant Chronicles -

Hi Tim,

We're almost there on this project - it's now just gone live on iTunes (see screengrab) and I can send you a cover and track listing seperately if you want. We should have some actual CDs in about another week so am happy to send you some copies.

Best,

David.

Looks like one of Allcock's designs got picked for the cover - Congrats David!!

MCitunes.jpg

I double checked and it IS available now on iTunes.

19 tracks.

Go get it!

- TB

Amazon.com has the DVD listed as August 4th. There is a single disk and a two-disk version as well as Blu Rey posted. I'm pre-ordering mine after work!

Cool! Can't wait to own that 2-Disc Collector's Edition!!!

• 2 weeks later...

From CineMedia Productions:

SILVA SCREEN MUSIC AMERICA PRESENTS

MUTANT CHRONICLES OST

RICHARD WELLS’ SCORE TO SIMON HUNTER’S SECOND FEATURE

STARRING RON PERLMAN AND JOHN MALKOVICH

From the composer of Jake West’s cult debut Razor Blade Smile, the martial arts smash hit Ong-bak and the hit BBC3 TV series Being Human, comes an intense contemporary orchestral action score.

The Mutant Chronicles tells the story of the last mission of the only surviving humans on earth, a hopeless task which ends in bloody failure against an army of Mutants. The visual backdrop of muddy trenches and huge WW1 style weaponry is aided by the Richard Wells’ music. Reflecting the ever increasing futility of the mission, the score starts with a haunting melody in the trenches before the mission begins and then becomes ever more discordant as the survivors die one by one until the final violent act, accompanied by a dreadful dissonant cacophony.

Richard began his professional music career as a programmer, keyboard player and engineer, and his credits include work on tracks by Dominic King (My Simple Heart), Jon Moss (Culture Club), Talk Talk and Clan of Xymox.

Richard's break into films came in 1998 and in 2002 he started writing music for film trailers, including The Grudge, Seven Swords and Infernal Affairs.

After scoring the teaser for Simon Hunter, Richard was asked to write a full orchestral score for the major feature film Mutant Chronicles. More recently, Richard scored the hit TV series Being Human and the Jake West comedy/horror film Doghouse.

TRACK LISTING

1. Take Off (4.05)

2. The Night Before (1.36)

3. Mutant Attack (4.28)

4. The Corporate Council (1.38)

5. Give Me Twenty Men (2.25)

6. Mitch and Adelaide (2.29)

7. The Sewer (3.09)

8. The City Burns (0.57)

9. The Killing Fields (2.57)

10. McGuire (0.58)

11. The Lost City (1.42)

12. How Much Do You Weigh? (1.37)

13. Bonecrusher (4.33)

14. Steiner Rescued (1.57)

15. Monastery (2.22)

16. Lift Shaft (3.35)

17. Tunnel Of Bones (3.50)

18. Leap Of Faith (2.36)

19. Mutant Chronicles End Credits (7.37)

The Mutant Chronicles soundtrack is available at iTunes.

For more information contact cinemediapromo@yahoo.com

MC on Canadian TV:

"Catch the Mutant Chronicles before it goes to DVD - Only on Super Channel,

Canada's national pay television network."

and

"Airing June 27 at 9 p.m. ET and starring Thomas Jane..."

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article2983.html

Jen

• 3 weeks later...

SciFi Channel is airing (I'm assuming a heavily edited version of) The Mutant

Chronicles this Saturday, June 27 at 9pm EST in USA, then repeating it Sunday,

June 28 at 6:30pm EST, and then airing it again way later, on Thursday, July 23

at 9pm EST.

Check your local listings for any differences.

I'll be recording it just to see what they do cut out...

Jen

SciFi Channel is airing (I'm assuming a heavily edited version of) The Mutant

Chronicles this Saturday, June 27 at 9pm EST in USA, then repeating it Sunday,

June 28 at 6:30pm EST, and then airing it again way later, on Thursday, July 23

at 9pm EST.

Check your local listings for any differences.

I'll be recording it just to see what they do cut out...

Jen

Actually Sci Fi is pretty good about showing blood and gore, it'll be edited but I don't think that heavily (outside of naughty words).

FYI Simon and I are hard at work on an film adaptation of a Robert E. Howard novella, VULTURES. it's a Western. T

Great stuff!!! Glad to hear you're working with Simon again. I continue being impressed by how he made the MC movie. Dedicated dude indeed.

Actually Sci Fi is pretty good about showing blood and gore, it'll be edited but I don't think that heavily (outside of naughty words).

...'cause naughty words are so much more awful and damaging than blood and gore... :P Gotta love (or is it hate?) TV networks...

Jen

yeah i was supposed to do the DVD commentary with Ron and Simon but i was caught out of town finishing up HUNG. i hope the dvd has some extra goodies on board. i'd like to see some storyboards from the elusive David Allcock. Davey! did you hand in any concepts?

yeah i was supposed to do the DVD commentary with Ron and Simon but i was caught out of town finishing up HUNG. i hope the dvd has some extra goodies on board. i'd like to see some storyboards from the elusive David Allcock. Davey! did you hand in any concepts?

They have all my stuff........lets see if they use it.

So, the US DVD release will basically be the Director's Cut, right? I wonder if they will release that version of the film in europe as well. In Austria/Germany there currently are 2 editions, one which runs 105 minutes and one "uncut" version with 107 minutes or something. But I didn't buy it yet, because I heard none of them is really the final version.

Well, I just got done watching it on Sci Fi, and it wasn't bad. Though it did need a better budget, some of the CGI is pretty spotty mainly in the explosions and blood areas, and the green screen sort of fluctuates between looking good and just alright. But like I said it wasn't bad at all, gotta hand it to any movie that

kills just about all the characters

• Geoff changed the title to Mutant Chronicles
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.