sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles

Update on Mutant Chronicles Filmscore by Richard Wells -

This, direct from composer Richard Wells last evening -

"I have good news. I'm mastering the soundtrack tomorrow, and Silva Screen are going to be releasing it. It should be up on itunes in the next couple of weeks and available on CD soon after."

I just sent out an email to Silva Screen UK inquiring about official release dates. Looks like SOON. We'll keep you all posted!

Cheers - TB

Great news thanks for the update Tim

Not sure if this has been posted previously -

If so, my apologies.

Here is a Sci-Fi Wire/VOD mini Doco (behind the scenes) hosted by Director Simon Hunter, introduced by Ron Perlman, with Tom Jane and Devon Aoki.

Pretty nice little piece about 5 minutes long. You gotta sit through a very short commercial but well worth the wait.

Diggit and spread the word - In theaters April 24th!

Behind The Scenes - The Mutant Chronicles -

Imbed the widget on your Facebook or MySpace page - Please help us promote ;)

Thanks - TB

Awesome news Tim! :D

I also found a video clip online, about 2 minutes long, of an aerial dogfight in MC. Viewers, watch at your own risk. If you haven't seen the film yet, you may want to wait until you see the whole thing at once.

You can see Tom briefly a couple of times in the clip:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/03/exclu...n-the-mut\

ant-chronicles-dogfight/

Also, a lil Simon Hunter news; he "...has signed to direct indie thriller "Curve," produced by Benderspink and Solipsist Films, which is financing."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800214...yid=13&cs=1

Jen

Thanks for the updates, TB. Any further word on whether the MC screening in LA is a premiere or is it open to the public?

According to the Mann's Theater website, it isn't even showing on April 24th. What's the deal?

No news yet, MF.

If Mann's doesn't list it showing but we know they have it on the 24th, then that's a likely sign of private premiere.

I'll speak with Tom soon about it.

- TB

Looking forward to this one. Thankfully have managed to avoid all the bootleg bullcrap so I can see it FINISHED and as it was intended to be seen. Here's hoping for a wide release soon.

No news yet, MF.

If Mann's doesn't list it showing but we know they have it on the 24th, then that's a likely sign of private premiere.

I'll speak with Tom soon about it.

- TB

Thanks, TB. 'Preciate it.

Guest AdminGuyX

I rented it last night on demand. I was up sick at 3am, and this was really the perfect kind of film to see when you're feeling like shit in the middle of a cold and snowy night! :)

I liked it for the most part. But this is my kind of film anyway. I loved the retro future costume and weapon design. I've read a lot about how it reminds folks of Sky Captain, and I can see how a narrow exposure to these kinds of things would bring that out, but for me it really felt like gears of war, or killzone. It had a video game vibe. In a good way.

I didn't like the end. I won't give anything away except to say it was one of those non-endings that annoy me. Hardly ruined the film for me though. There was enough cool camera work, cool design work and over the top violence to keep me interested. I'd love to have seen a bit more character work in the film, especially between Jane and Perlman. They have a great chemistry and I'm looking forward to seeing how that flows into Dark Country.

At the end of the day this film wasn't about the mutants, or even the mutant threat so much as it was about the handful of souls who try and stop it. And I'd like to have gotten to know them a little more.

I'd love to see Jane and Perlman do an entire film together as leads carrying the film, and I'd love to see it have some intelligent and sharp comedy along the way. But these guys are both so good at action and "presence" it would be a shame for the film to be a court room drama, y'know? I'd hate not to see some intense action in a film starring Tom Jane and Ron Perlman.

Mostly though, what made the film for me? I REALLY enjoyed the visuals. With the small exception of the opening overuse of the digital rain filter. That got to be distracting. I liked the opening quite a bit and would love to see it without the sometimes very flat and gray filters.

I have to give Kudo's to Mr. Boyle for an exceptionally well shot digital film. I'm sure most of this was shot green screen, but that didn't seem to keep them from slathering on mood, movement, and depth.

I do plan to see this in the theater so I can see how the filters, the colors, and lighting translate. Some times what works on the big screen can look a bit shitty on a TV.

Also plan to get this on US DVD when it hits, hopefully with a buttload of extras.

All I can say is...

Tom Jane as the lead in a Woody Allen flick...

Who knows, if Hung gets popular that might happen.

Cool that you liked the movie as well noelandloveguns :) I also read the book, and that explains more, giving everything more depth/meaning in a second view of the movie. Though I liked the movie before I read the book as well. And regarding the upcoming US DVD it's going to have an lots of extras. I've heard: movie in green screen, mood piece, interviews, making of and of course the new cut.

And with the score around the corner as well... good shit.

Oh, and a sequel would be cool...

Ok..I finally got around to watching this movie last night. And wow! I was like :o and jumping through most of it. Superb acting!!! Here's to hoping there's a sequal, and that if there is, Mr. Thomas will be in it xD

Interview online with Ron Perlman about MC:

Here's the link, with a Tom-related excerpt:

"...clearly, there's a contrast, a stark contrast, to my character and the character that Thomas Jane plays, Sgt. Mitch Hunter. He's a born soldier and a career soldier who has no particular allegiances to anything other than being a soldier."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/why-ron-perlman-loses-the.php

Jen

I picked up the new Jonah Hex book and there was an ad on the inside cover for Muatant Chronicles. That was cool in itself, but the ad also said that it was "Coming to at theater near you". Wide release maybe ...

I rented it last night on demand. I was up sick at 3am, and this was really the perfect kind of film to see when you're feeling like shit in the middle of a cold and snowy night! :)

I liked it for the most part. But this is my kind of film anyway. I loved the retro future costume and weapon design. I've read a lot about how it reminds folks of Sky Captain, and I can see how a narrow exposure to these kinds of things would bring that out, but for me it really felt like gears of war, or killzone. It had a video game vibe. In a good way.

I didn't like the end. I won't give anything away except to say it was one of those non-endings that annoy me. Hardly ruined the film for me though. There was enough cool camera work, cool design work and over the top violence to keep me interested. I'd love to have seen a bit more character work in the film, especially between Jane and Perlman. They have a great chemistry and I'm looking forward to seeing how that flows into Dark Country.

At the end of the day this film wasn't about the mutants, or even the mutant threat so much as it was about the handful of souls who try and stop it. And I'd like to have gotten to know them a little more.

I'd love to see Jane and Perlman do an entire film together as leads carrying the film, and I'd love to see it have some intelligent and sharp comedy along the way. But these guys are both so good at action and "presence" it would be a shame for the film to be a court room drama, y'know? I'd hate not to see some intense action in a film starring Tom Jane and Ron Perlman.

Mostly though, what made the film for me? I REALLY enjoyed the visuals. With the small exception of the opening overuse of the digital rain filter. That got to be distracting. I liked the opening quite a bit and would love to see it without the sometimes very flat and gray filters.

I have to give Kudo's to Mr. Boyle for an exceptionally well shot digital film. I'm sure most of this was shot green screen, but that didn't seem to keep them from slathering on mood, movement, and depth.

I do plan to see this in the theater so I can see how the filters, the colors, and lighting translate. Some times what works on the big screen can look a bit shitty on a TV.

Also plan to get this on US DVD when it hits, hopefully with a buttload of extras.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about MC here Noeland! :D I finally - finally! - had the chance to see the whole kit 'n' caboodle on that pay-per-view system on the HDNet Channel - and I'll post my thoughts about the film soon, but what I wanted to say asap about MC is that it should be seen on the big screen!!

It's definitely one of those wide-scope, deeply textured visual films that you'd want to see in a theater. I really hope MC does make it to the theaters with a wide release. :)

Jen

Win Tickets to Mutant Chronicles Premiere (if there are any left!):

The We Are Movie Geeks site is on a roll, with a few new Mutant Chronicle pix here:

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2009/04/wamg-ex...ronicle-stills/

and the chance for people to go to the L.A. premiere of Mutant Chronicles! This was posted on Sunday, so I don't know if any tickets remain, or how many there were in the 1st place, but give it a shot if you can go to the premiere:

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2009/04/la-movi...icles-premiere/

Jen

Wait, so the premiere is on the 21st now?? Crap. These people are making me crazy.

So is Thomas gonna be at the premiere? Is it gonna be like a real premiere, or just a sneak preview?

I wish these people would make up their minds.

Other movie-centered sites online are giving away tickets to MC for that premiere. Here are the links:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15873

and

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7015

and

http://www.sfuniverse.com/2009/04/13/free-...eles-area-fans/

Jen

The hell with it!!! I just checked and said only LA and NY showing it.

I just got done buying it on Ebay. I been waiting forever to buy it. It supposed to not be pirated and a real in wrap copy?

Well haller at yah guys when i get it and watch it.

The hell with it!!! I just checked and said only LA and NY showing it.

I just got done buying it on Ebay. I been waiting forever to buy it. It supposed to not be pirated and a real in wrap copy?

Well haller at yah guys when i get it and watch it.

So is there a R1 DVD out now??

I got the offical R2 German edition of the DVD (of course, everything's in English on there), which is a quite nice Steelbook edition.

But I'm sure I read that the R1 release will be a different cut of the film?? :huh:

It's getting a bit confusing for me.... :unsure:

So is there a R1 DVD out now??

I got the offical R2 German edition of the DVD (of course, everything's in English on there), which is a quite nice Steelbook edition.

But I'm sure I read that the R1 release will be a different cut of the film?? :huh:

It's getting a bit confusing for me.... :unsure:

Oh, dear, I have a feeling like the R1 from Ebay is pirated. :o

Jen

Win a signed-by-Tom MC poster:

Quiet Earth site has done it again, giving away a Mutant Chronicles poster that's been signed by Tom. You have until some time on April 22 to enter. Check out the details here:

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/04/...-by-Thomas-Jane

Jen

Wait, so the premiere is on the 21st now?? Crap. These people are making me crazy.

So is Thomas gonna be at the premiere? Is it gonna be like a real premiere, or just a sneak preview?

I wish these people would make up their minds.

Tom will be in Detroit filming exteriors on Hung and will miss the Premiere.

He's pretty pissed off too since he made a point months ago to be sure the premiere did not conflict with shooting Hung.

Naturally the folks behind the MC premiere fucked up and blew Tom's opportunity to be present.

Perlman and director Simon Hunter will be in attendance though.

Not sure who else will be on hand.

Tom has a pair of tickets for me so I'm going too.

Sorry folks - We couldn't get extras for the local RAW members :(

R1 DVD is definitely a pirate.

- tb

There's lot of choice on German Amazon for Mutant Chronicles:

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_w?__mk_de...p;x=16&y=18

So, does anybody know if that's the same version of the film like the one which is coming out in the US now? Or is it a different cut?

Now I'm really freakin' confused! I can't find that this movie is showing anywhere in LA on the 24th!! WTH is going on?!!

I thought it was showing at Mann's, but it's not listed. MovieTickets doesn't even have it playing anywhere near LA on the 24th!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.