Mutant Chronicles

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the look of this film! The way the blood was done in contrast to the overall dull colours was excellent.

I'm all for TJ doing more films like that! Who needs big Hollywood blockbusters??

The dvd is out here in the UK now, enjoyed it just as much as i did in cinemas. The dvd included a great and very in depth making of documentry showing the filming and a lot of the pre/post production work.

I kind of take pride in the fact that Mutant Chronicles was released in Germany first - of all countries....

So I got this very nice Limited Starmetal Edition, but since the US cut is supposed to be different to that German release (or so I read), I guess I'll get that one too, when it's finally out.

Finally watched the movie. It was kickass!! Sure, it has its flaws (but tell me the movie that does not have flaws) and some parts are clearly not complete, but despite that, I felt it was an amazing movie. The acting was good, the music was good, the plot was good. Being an avid fan of the Mutant Chronicles franchise, I looked upon the movie as a work that was _inspired_ by MC, not as a work trying to _be_ MC. Though, I think that if they would have gone for a more "true to the franchise" look we'd have something like that awful Judge Dredd movie (which, if viewed as a work _inspired_ by JD, is a good movie). Kudos to all involved with Mutant Chronicles! Now I can't wait for the sequel ;)

Too bad the Scandinavian DVD did not come with the "making of"... was looking forward to that one. I am a sucker for extras.

Here's a link to short Mutant Chronicles review. I can't wait until it's out in USA!!

"...it's the end of days, unless an unlikely team of oddballs led by

Thomas Jane can throw a spanner in the mutant works."

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hert...ercury-leisure-

film/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=392904

Jen

There a pretty interesting review of Mutant Chronicles at the link below,

but MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS in it, so only read it if you've seen the movie

or you don't mind knowing the general ending of movie!!

"The film looks really stylish, with a superb techno-Gothic/steampunk

vibe..."

and

"...a massive amount of thought and effort has clearly gone into the

production design of the Mutant Chronicles..."

http://www.heropress.net/2009/02/dvd-of-we...icles-2008.html

Jen

Apple has debuted the new trailer for director Simon Hunter's Mutant Chronicles, opening in limited theaters on April 24th. The sci-fi action adventure stars Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Devon Aoki and John Malkovich.

You can watch the trailer here and for more info on the film, go here.

Source: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9679

Finally watched the movie. It was kickass!! Sure, it has its flaws (but tell me the movie that does not have flaws) and some parts are clearly not complete, but despite that, I felt it was an amazing movie. The acting was good, the music was good, the plot was good. Being an avid fan of the Mutant Chronicles franchise, I looked upon the movie as a work that was _inspired_ by MC, not as a work trying to _be_ MC. Though, I think that if they would have gone for a more "true to the franchise" look we'd have something like that awful Judge Dredd movie (which, if viewed as a work _inspired_ by JD, is a good movie). Kudos to all involved with Mutant Chronicles! Now I can't wait for the sequel ;)

Too bad the Scandinavian DVD did not come with the "making of"... was looking forward to that one. I am a sucker for extras.

Agreed. You've read the novelization right? My brother just got the Blu-Ray from UK (play.com ftw:p), looking forward seeing it again since I read the book after seeing the movie. A sequel would be great, but with more money involved and hopefully the same director, since I think he made something that stands out of anything I've seen before. Though not a perfect movie, it's very refreshing and good for what it is.

Simon Hunters webpage has tons of behind the scenes pics btw. I'd download them asap just in case. :)

Yeah, I read the book a month ago or so. It had more content added to it to tie in with the RPG, but the movie was really kick ass. Though, my only gripe is the sound. I am having a hard time hearing the dialogue in some parts (and I hate having subtitles enabled).

Tom just forwarded me over this message from the PR folks at Magnolia -

"The MUTANT CHRONICLES trailer premiere is live on Apple Trailers! Please find screenshots attached.

Links:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/mutantchronicles/

Apple will be updating the trailer’s page with more information shortly."

- TB

Yeah, I read the book a month ago or so. It had more content added to it to tie in with the RPG, but the movie was really kick ass. Though, my only gripe is the sound. I am having a hard time hearing the dialogue in some parts (and I hate having subtitles enabled).

Ah. I can understand that. I prefer using english subtitles though, so not to miss anything at all. Though it's not always cool watching subs if it's only for the hearing impaired. *sounds of rain on window* :P

I'm happy to see the MC on the front page on apple! I downloaded those trailer right away (from Tiara's link) and they look really good.

Short MC review with some plot spoilers:

"Ron Perlman makes a more than decent role, although the undisputed

star of the film is the tough soldier Mitch Hunter (Thomas Jane)."

I also saw a blurb from an article that said that Tom's character is refered to as "Sergeant" and not "Major" in the movie...

http://www.freemagazine.fi/content/view/894/148/

Jen

Just watched the 104min making of MC (and the movie) on the UK DVD. The making of was immensely interesting! It reminded me of the making of The Shining which Vivian Kubrick made when she was 17. Because you see so much "personal" stuff that you wouldn't be able to see anywhere else. Also it shows how much and how many people actually worked on this thing. And the documentary maker (which I would guess is a close friend of Simon Hunter) even had a cameo/extra part. It's great to see a docu that isn't made by E! or MTV kind of thing, but is just as pro.

The movie. After watching it a second time. I still got the same good feeling after the first view 4 months ago. And now I wonder why it should be cut down in the American release. It goes by so fast! I think the biggest problem would be that most people don't like Sci-Fi. And I'm dead certain, that this movie will have a big fan following over time. It starts hard, but ends even harder.

Just an example. I think MC beats the multi million production of the sci-fi/fantasy movie Outlander (Jim Caviezel, a little Ron Perlman). It totally shatters it! It might be because this production has a lot of heart and spirit compared to many other movies I've seen. This is all just my personal opinion though.

To those of you involved. Good work!

Short MC review with some plot spoilers:

"Ron Perlman makes a more than decent role, although the undisputed

star of the film is the tough soldier Mitch Hunter (Thomas Jane)."

I also saw a blurb from an article that said that Tom's character is refered to as "Sergeant" and not "Major" in the movie...

http://www.freemagazine.fi/content/view/894/148/

Jen

Undisputed.

Love that.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest word on releasing this movie? I saw a page over at Hollywood.com with some stills from the movie, and the captions said "Magnet Releasing Mutant Chronicles".

So is it going to dvd, or theaters or what?

What's the latest word on releasing this movie? I saw a page over at Hollywood.com with some stills from the movie, and the captions said "Magnet Releasing Mutant Chronicles".

So is it going to dvd, or theaters or what?

First TV, then theaters. Why? Who knows.

I found out that someone I know has that "HDNet" channel that supposedly the movie will air on (pay per view though??), so I'm gonna see if I can watch it or record it from that cable channel. Will let you know if it all goes as planned...

Jen

• Geoff changed the title to Mutant Chronicles
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.