Mutant Chronicles

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Directly from Simon Hunter's own website:

Mutant will be released on region 1 DVD as a special delux edition. This will feature the new cut of the movie, a slightly remixed soundtrack, a feature length ‘making of ‘ documentary, commentary tracks, a green-screen version of the movie, deleted scenes, trailers, the mood piece funding film and much, much more!

Magnolia Pictures will be releasing the directors cut of Mutant Chronicles. This will be ready to see for the first time on HDNET in March. The directors cut of Mutant will be over eleven minutes shorter.

“Magnolia have been really great in letting me go back to the cut and removing certain sections I did not like” says Simon. This is a brand new cut NEVER before seen. “I think with the huge rush of finishing the picture we needed a few weeks of screening the movie to audiences - there were always things I did not like in the cut but I have now been able to correct this. This cut is really the movie I want people to see, fast, fun, energetic and lots of b movie fun - try and check it out on HDNET this spring” - Magnolia will also be showing this version in selected digital cinemas as well as on DVD.

Sounds like a great thing, but I hope it will get a region 2 release as well...

Source: http://www.simonhunter.com/Simon_Hunter/Home.html

Directly from Simon Hunter's own website:

Sounds like a great thing, but I hope it will get a region 2 release as well...

Source: http://www.simonhunter.com/Simon_Hunter/Home.html

Thanks for this cool news Eldritch! I do hope it comes out on Region 2 too, and Region 4 (for Australia area, right?). Hmmm, are there any other DVD regions?

It sounds like Simon Hunter tightened up the movie, with a shorter Director's Cut.

I wonder where these "selected digital cinemas" are... I guess in NYC and LA areas, probably...

Jen

Mutant Chronicles will be screened at New York Comic Con (February 6-9, 2009) - and today is last day to RSPV!

Here's the link to the event's official FaceBook page with details:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=4...9172&ref=mf

The invite says the screening is Thursday, February 5 at 7pm at AMC Lowe's 34th Street 14, 312 W. 34th Street, NYC - and there's an email to rsvp to.

Jen

Why would anyone want to see the green screen version of the movie?

I think this would apply much more to film-makers (as well as commentary tracks do to writers/directors/actors etc). And I think it's a great idea! Never heard of any other movie having done that before. Really looking forward to this release. Hopefully there will be a Blu-Ray of it as well. :)

ShockTillYouDrop.com has your exclusive first look at the new one-sheet for Magnolia Pictures' Mutant Chronicles, opening in limited release on April 24th (shortly after a run on VOD March 27th). Directed by Simon Hunter, the sci-fi action-adventure stars Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Devon Aoki and John Malkovich.

Click to see the poster

So they went with the 28th century after all.. dang, I felt that the 24th century was closer and more relevant considering how much we of humanity keeps screwing each other up all the time :)

Nice little "Sanctioned by the Brotherhood" logo ;)

MutantChornicles_Ship.jpg

SCI FI Wire has obtained exclusive preview images from the upcoming sci-fi action movie Mutant Chronicles, which Magnet Releasing will debut on Ultra Video on Demand on March 27, followed by a theatrical release in select cities on April 24. You can view the rest of the images after the jump.

MutantChronicles_Perlman.jpg

Ron Perlman (above) is part of the movie's ensemble cast, which also includes Thomas Jane, Devon Aoki and John Malkovich. The film, based on the pen-and-paper role-playing game of the same name, was directed by Simon Hunter and was released in Europe last year.

mutanChronicles_eyeFX2.jpg

Here's how Magnet describes the movie: Mutant Chronicles is set in the year 2707 on an unrecognizable Earth where a war is raging between four giant corporations who control the planet as they battle over the planet's dwindling resources. This war is soon rendered irrelevant when an errant bomb shatters an ancient buried seal, releasing a horrific mutant army from its prison deep within the Earth. As the mutant scourge threatens human extinction, a squad of ragged soldiers, led by Mitch Hunter (Jane), descends into the Earth in a last-ditch effort to destroy the mutants and save mankind.

MutantChronicles_TakeOff.jpg

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/weve-got-excl...cles-images.php

Aw... "The clip is not available in your country"... wtf... :angry: :angry:

What are they?

They are both a series of still photos from the set of the movie. Predominantly close-ups of the necromutant makeup. Lots of gashes crudely stapled together, burns, the black-veining-under-the-skin look. Many photos were repeated. A nice shot of the bone blade. Devon was the only person I recognized, posing for a photo next to one of the mutant extras.

Both have the song "Relax, Take it Easy" by Mika playing along throughout.

Aw... "The clip is not available in your country"... wtf... :angry: :angry:

Hear hear. Thanks for letting us know what was in the vid kwiat_skye.

But why have vid restrictions? What is the purpose of it? I know MTV2 Headbanger's Ball always had limited viewing on their websites, but now all their vids are watchable outside the US as well (at least in Norway). Ooooh well. no stress. ;)

• Geoff changed the title to Mutant Chronicles
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.