sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles

USA 2008

Greece 24 July 2008

Russia 7 August 2008

Brazil 13 August 2008 (DVD premiere)

Does that mean that it is actually going to get a theatrical release in the US? I notice that it lists a DVD release for Brazil, which has already passed, so I wonder if that's supposed to be 2009. Maybe this thing will actually see the light of day, and not get buried like "Killshot".

Does that mean that it is actually going to get a theatrical release in the US?

yes, the problem is that it makes long time that it lasts ...

I notice that it lists a DVD release for Brazil, which has already passed, so I wonder if that's supposed to be 2009.

for brazil, I think it is 2008 ... and so, there will be no to cinema, only a "directo dvd".

Maybe this thing will actually see the light of day, and not get buried like "Killshot".

as you say ... <_<

For now, imdb have put it :

USA 2008

Greece 24 July 2008

Russia 7 August 2008

Brazil 13 August 2008 (DVD premiere)

They will perhaps add Sweden, and other countries (I hope). :wacko:

Hrmm.. 24 July, 7 and 13 August. Already passed. Someone at IMDB really jumped the gun and assumed too much here :)

Guest AdminGuyX

IMDB is wrong a lot. It's more reliable for past projects than upcoming projects, but even then, doesn't always get it right.

Even if this gets a limited release, I'll drive to another city if I have to, I'm seeing this sucker in the theater!

IMDB is wrong a lot. It's more reliable for past projects than upcoming projects, but even then, doesn't always get it right.

Even if this gets a limited release, I'll drive to another city if I have to, I'm seeing this sucker in the theater!

AMEN.

It's true. -_-

Me too, but... I can't move country to see the film. :lol: lol

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, but you can always use it as an excuse to go on holiday, and see a new city.

:)

Lol !

It's not wrong ! :D

(This is what I did to see "The Punisher"... B))

But it depends on what period, I can't go on holiday whenever I want because I working... and as I hope to go to San Diego next year ! ;)

Well Frightfest has been and gone, and a funny thing happened among the stuff mentioned here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/surprisetruck/

They showed some trailers for forthcoming attractions and I was watching one that looked most excellent and then there was Ron Perlman and something clicked in my brain but I could not place it until right at the end when the name of the film came up on the screen ... you guessed it ... MUTANT CHRONICLES.

Looks like we are getting it in the UK.

Friday 10 October 2008

Mutant Chronicles, The

Entertainment

You need to get some law guys to somhow stop the torrents going around

Fat chance of that if they're screening it in Toronto. There'll probably be people sitting in the theater with video cameras on.

Although there is nothing listed on the distributor's site, it is listed here

In the UK only ?

Ah bugger, it's being released in the UK while I'm in India for 6 weeks.... guess I'm going to have to wait for the DVD :(

Whoever wrote that put a lot of time into that shit...Whats wrong with just reviewing the thing? Im still gonna check this one out despite what that article said.

Uhm, what the **** is that load of bs she's putting out!? I regret watching those clips she had, but they spurred me even further into wanting to watch this movie!!

Sad news though, for us Swedes... Contacted Atlantic Film, and they say that it probably won't make it to theatres :(

What a bunch of bullshit.

I sat in a theater full of fans at comicon and watched them cheer through the fucking ROUGH CUT, which, incidentally is all that exists of this film presently.

That's right. And if you've been frequenting these boards it's already something you are quite aware of.

I'm actually surprised that someone felt the need to release an unfinished film on DVD to Europe.

Maybe it was an attempt to generate some revenue to finish the film.

Maybe it is just an attempt to recoup some of the investment since the film has been languishing in an unfinished state for the better part of a year.

Regardless, the film ain't done kids.

I wonder how good The Dark Knight would have been if they'd have released it unfinished, not completely color graded, the FX not completed and polished, and before a picture lock on final editing? How would fans judge a rough cut being passed off as a final product? Not too well I'd expect.

Unfinished is unfinished, it's like leaving your house half painted . . .

Ted: Hey Bob, whaddaya think of the new look?

Bob: Nice Ted, when it's finished it will look great.

Ted: Waddya mean "when it's finished"?

Bob: Well shit Ted, your house is only half painted!

Ted: You don't like it?

Bob: Well I might like it when you finish it . . .

Ted: Hey Alice! Bob thinks the paint job sucks!

Alice: Well did you tell him it's only half finished!?

Ted: You don't like it either!?

Yes, these people need to know they are seeing a rough cut.

I saw it with this understanding.

If it doesn't get finished then there should be some hell to pay.

But as of now let us not judge too quickly.

- TB

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.