sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles

Here is the link to the official Mutant Chronicles web site:

http://www.mutantchroniclesthemovie.com/

It's not fully operational yet, but there is some info and stuff to look at.

It's scheduled, at least for now, to come out in Spring or Summer 2008 in US.

I can't wait to see this film. For some reason I want to see it more than Killshot and The Mist, just from how it's going to "look", with the Viper-cam filming and "steam-punk" style.

Jen

Really looking forward to this one and have been for some time now.

Aaron

I forgot to mention this earlier, but Tom said it will be out April 2008 - but, of course, that's subject to change.

Jen

I don't think I've heard anything that's not to like about this movie.

Go to IMDB.com and you'll find a lot people who have something to hate about this movie.

Ugh, most of those are nit-picking fan boys. :P

It's only idiots and nuts who hang out at the IMDB.com Message Boards and post messages...oh wait, I post there too... :blink:

Jen

Tell me about it.

damn the MC-haters, damn them all to hell! I´ve seen some footage and I promise you won´t be disappointed. As you yanks say...it´s badass!!!

You said it David.

It's only idiots and nuts who hang out at the IMDB.com Message Boards and post messages...oh wait, I post there too... :blink:

Jen

Hahahahaha! But your right Jen. IMDB.com has some of the worst and just about every smartass dumbasse asshole and immature idiot on the planet.

Cool pics. Looking forward seeing Jane slaughtering some necromutans. :P

This short article doesn't add too much to the info, but I loved this line:

"I just happened to see Thomas Jane in The Mist last night, but that's besides the point; unless to state that it re-affirmed the fact that Thomas Jane is by far one of the most badass actors in Hollywood at the moment."

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/10/19/fir...ant-chronicles/

Jen

This short article doesn't add too much to the info, but I loved this line:

"I just happened to see Thomas Jane in The Mist last night, but that's besides the point; unless to state that it re-affirmed the fact that Thomas Jane is by far one of the most badass actors in Hollywood at the moment."

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/10/19/fir...ant-chronicles/

Jen

Oh, I LOVE that line , Jen! That is so true. That's a definite keeper!

mediumfan

In an interview from a month or two ago Tom talked a little about it.

"I’m also very excited about Mutant Chronicles. The director, Simon Hunter, is a new David Fincher. He’s a real talent. We have a very special movie – really fun. It doesn’t pretend to be more than it is, which is a really kick-ass, steam-punk, hardcore science-fiction action movie. I haven’t seen one of those in a while. It’s not pretentious. This movie has a lot in common with Buck Rogers and the old sci-fi serials. It has a lot in common with movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth and Indiana Jones."

the pics look great, I am really looking forward to this film TJ is just too damn cool!

Aaron

You know seeing what the Mutant Chronicles really looks like from the artwork of the role-playing game like the clothing, the weapons and just about everything else...... there's no way it would look good on film. It wouldn't work at all it would look to ridiculoes in live action.

So I'm glad that the film looks the way it does.

This looks FUCKIN BAD-ASS!

I'm fuckin stoked for this post-apocalyptic setting. It reminds me of Kevin Nash's self titled comic, where corporations became world powers. I just hope people recognize a cool sci-fi flick when they see the poster at the theatres. There are SO MANY sci-fi haters out there, that won't give anything a chance. I can tell already that the world's truly gone to shit in this film, and the struggling few are attempting to stay organized and maintain a chain of command.

Look at Jane's rank insignia (on his left collar) in the photo below...

thomasjaneismajormitchhwy8.jpg

He's wearing upside down (which would signify British) E-7 U.S. Army Sergeant 1st Class chevrons, yet in the film's mythology he's a Major.

I'm guessin they scrounged up whatever remnants of the old system they could find, and assigned Officers and Enlisted personnel - forming a unified force.

Lookin forward to these Chronicles.

-TL

Logan, you are spot on. Its a pure, hardcore, old school, post apocalypse, sci-fi war movie. It's got a real dirty dozen 'men on a mission' feel and the main ensemble are the coolest bunch of rogues you've ever met. It would have been impossible to directly translate the MC universe as it is in the games....it really would have looked like some ridiculous live-action cartoon. All the central themes are there, just painted with a different palette. Plus, some of the stuff kinda harks back to flash gordon/buck rogers/dan dare/jules verne with a bit of indiana jones and doc savage thrown in there.

That Dirty Dozen/Indy/Jules Verne feel you mentioned gets me MORE hyped.

And I'm a huge fan of Ron Perlman. I grew up watchin that show with him and Sarah Connor (Beauty and The Beast).

I just wonder at what point in the story does Jane have a mohawk in? Its a stupid thought I know, but I haven't seen a bad-ass sport a mohawk since DeNiro in Taxi Driver.

-TL

Logan, you are spot on. Its a pure, hardcore, old school, post apocalypse, sci-fi war movie. It's got a real dirty dozen 'men on a mission' feel and the main ensemble are the coolest bunch of rogues you've ever met. It would have been impossible to directly translate the MC universe as it is in the games....it really would have looked like some ridiculous live-action cartoon. All the central themes are there, just painted with a different palette. Plus, some of the stuff kinda harks back to flash gordon/buck rogers/dan dare/jules verne with a bit of indiana jones and doc savage thrown in there.

The only way you could do it just like the game.... it would have to be a type of animation, like what they did with Heavy Metal or something. But live-action.... I don't care how big a budget you have there are just somethings that just don't work on film.

Anyway...

A Dirty Dozen/Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers/Dan Dare/Jules Verne with a bit of Indiana Jones and Doc Savage thrown in there... hehehehe! Can't wait.

I'm extremely anti-animation for one reason: when I wanna watch cartoons, I don't wanna watch them in the theatres.

I just don't have the feel for animation in a movie theatre. I didn't even go see The Simpsons Movie which made a fuck-load of money. I like watching actors take me to far-off lands in complex storylines.

Mutant Chronicles is being compared to DOOM online. That's not a good thing. I KNOW it has nothing to do with that garbage movie, but dicks online gotta talk shit. They have to. I've been waiting to see Jane lead a film with a rifle in his hands since The Punisher, so here's my chance.

MITCH HUNTER WILL PUNISH NECROMUTANTS...

thomasjaneismitchhunterkn4.jpg

-TL