sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles - SPOILERS inside

here's the link to the special Comicon screening! Reserve your free tix now.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37430

maybe when these fill up we'll do a special rawstudios.com section as well, for those guys who will be down there. let me know. TJ

Alala... This is really the kind of event where I'd like to attend, but for me it is inaccessible... I have to make me a reason ! :(

And since that I saw the trailer, I only have one desire is to see the film (but in France, it will be necessary to be patient ... <_< ) ! That's the kind of films that I love ! With also an actor that I adore, what more could you ask for... :)

You know looking at the background story of the film, or at least from what I have read, mankind is using steam power to power almost everything and four corporations have taken over the world in which they are constantly at war, the Capitol, Bauhaus, Mishima, and the Imperial.

It would be cool to see some prequel stories told in comic books, graphic novels, video games and maybe something in some type of animation. Maybe we could see stories of the 10 characters (counting John Malkovich's character) like how they came to be when they were really young and a story to see how the corporations came to power and when the war started between the corporations.

Ciao James,

I know the Mutant Chronicles Universe as a player of games with this background.

There is a lot of literature about MC characters, Corporations and Dark Legion beasts.

If you are interested in I can post some links (if I don't break any forum rule)

Ciao James,

I know the Mutant Chronicles Universe as a player of games with this background.

There is a lot of literature about MC characters, Corporations and Dark Legion beasts.

If you are interested in I can post some links (if I don't break any forum rule)

Well I'm taking about the background of the film.

Guest AdminGuyX
maybe when these fill up we'll do a special rawstudios.com section as well, for those guys who will be down there. let me know. TJ

Damn. That would be cool.

Hopefully pictures are allowed, and someone can do a detailed "report" on the event for those of us who can't be there.

Or maybe Tim could handle that for us.

<_>

Hmmm?

Damn. That would be cool.

Hopefully pictures are allowed, and someone can do a detailed "report" on the event for those of us who can't be there.

Or maybe Tim could handle that for us.

<_<

Hmmm?

I second noeland! :D Tim's gonna have to be the backstage reporter and get all the scoop on what's happening, and be a part of it too!! :lol:

I think it would be cool to give away some tix here at this Forum, but I know that a lot of us here are just not in the CA area, or can get there, unfortunately. :(

Jen

here 'tis. Finished B&W grunge poster........ :D

*****UPDATE....SORRY FOLKS, more ammendments needed for the poster...taking it down until absolutely finalised***

The poster is badass David.

Guest AdminGuyX

Good choice on the eyes. Makes quite a difference in the way the poster feels.

I prefer this one to the color poster, but I like them both a whole lot.

Word I'm hearing now is that Devon Aoki will be in attendance at the screening too.

And the film's producer Edward Pressman.

In addition, Ed will be setting up a flat screen in the RAW booth that will loop the film's trailer.

More news as we get it!

- TB

I am curious to know the reason behind this "non-typical" way of promoting a movie by letting the fans/attendees give feedback. Is it perhaps so that the guys behind the movie don't think it is good enough? Just curious, I am sure it kicks some serious bottom.

Just in case you were all wondering where the b 'n' w grunge poster that David did is, he's still working on a final version and will post that here at some point.

Per his request, I removed all links to the previous drafts of his poster, but I kept the messages otherwise intact. :)

Jen

yeah, sorry guys. It was finalised, but I was just given last minute alterations. Stop the press!!!

final, final, final, final artwork......coming very soon......i hope :rolleyes:

Someone at work who know I'm a huge Jane fan gave me a copy of the MC bootleg(damned kids ;) ). As hard as I tried, I didn't want to watch it until it was on the big screen, but I had the day off and it was like setting a Christmas present in front of a little kid.

If this was the film unfinished, I can't wait to see the final product. I'm not even sure what to compare it to, it's unlike any film that has been out in the last few years. It's a mix of WWII films, 28 Days Later, Dirty Dozen a touch of Blade Runner and so on. Compleate fun.

Plenty of amazingly beautiful shots. I just hope someone at SDCC picks this up, becuase I can't wait to see this.

I am both jealous and annoyed. It seems like the only way to see this flick is through illegal means. It's taking sooooo long for a legitimate distributor to figure out there are folks who WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! In a theater on a big screen would be nice.

This is just ridiculous.

I've been waiting for this movie forever since i first heard about it waaaaay back when.

I was beginning to think no one was into Pulpy scidi stories anymore. From what I've seen it's like Sky Captain on acid. I've been glancing over the forums but does anyone want to give a quicky as to whats the holdup?

I feel i MUST add, however, that i am TOTALLY sick of mutant/zombie etc. jumping out of every screenplay, comicbook and box of cereal. I'm sorry it's just not my cup of tea.

When i first saw the MC thing on youtube I couldn't believe it was being made. Yes I know it was just to get the money interested, but it was IMO real... hmmm anyway....

Luckily nothing in that is what you see in the MOVIE. (Or at least the trailer) I mean the mutants are there but it MUCH more than just running in the rain shooting mutants like a darn video game!!

I am both jealous and annoyed. It seems like the only way to see this flick is through illegal means. It's taking sooooo long for a legitimate distributor to figure out there are folks who WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! In a theater on a big screen would be nice.

This is just ridiculous.

I had no intentions of downloading this just to see it. Like I said, the only reason I did was because someone from work went out of their way, without my asking no less.

Illegal means, yeah, I feel guilty, but I plan on seeing this as soon as it opens. The few CD's I've had burned, I've gone out a bought at a later date. I guess I just see it as a "test drive" of sorts.

I had no intentions of downloading this just to see it. Like I said, the only reason I did was because someone from work went out of their way, without my asking no less.

Illegal means, yeah, I feel guilty, but I plan on seeing this as soon as it opens. The few CD's I've had burned, I've gone out a bought at a later date. I guess I just see it as a "test drive" of sorts.

I'm not angry with you JWeber. If someone burned a copy and handed it to me, I'd watch it too. What bothers me is that it is taking so long to get this flick into theaters. If it had already been released, this would all be moot.

I guessed you were not mad (or at least hoping :P ), but I do share your feelings about the film getting funding and a release. Kind of like some other Thomas Jane movie.

Unfortunatly fans get hurt. I would venture to guess that the actors, dirctors, and everyone else involved gets hurt in some way by not having a film that they work so hard on, not being released. Sure, they might get paid, but even at my job, if I put hard work into something and there is no recognition or worse yet, it gets shoved back into a corner, never to be heard from again, it kind of pisses me off. Only at my job, I don't have millions of fans waiting for it to see the light of day. The sad part is that these kind of desicions are made by only a few people looking at profit margins. Too bad the key word in Film Business is business, not film.

Sky Captain...... where the fuck are people seeing that shitass movie in Mutant Chronicles??????

Pulp fiction. From photos that I saw way back when on the official site. vehicles and costumes etc.

After seeing tidbits from the movie I'm taking the "Sky Captain" thing back. :blink: I really like the overall look of the flick. The "steampunk" element is cool. The costumes and props but the mutants.... like I said before: not my cup of tea. And any actual story issues will have to wait until I get to see the whole thing whenever it comes out.

WHAT WOULD BE INTERESTING THOUGH.... would be to see backstories either in comicbook form or animation. How these different characters came to be where they are. THe actual details of the corporate wars. etc. because I think the actual world of the story was interesting.

I would love to see some animated films set in this world. The film is ripe with possibilites for spin-offs, not nessicarily other feature films. Although, I wouldn't mind that either.

here's the link to the special Comicon screening! Reserve your free tix now.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37430

Kind of late to the party- and just saw the listing for this screening on the SDCC site. Since it's a late night event and we'll be done at our table I really hope to attend this. It's the one thing I saw on the schedule that I've got to go to. Last year I only got out from behind our table for a couple quick errands and missed 99% of the show. If I didn't walk past it coming in or leaving, or if it didn't walk past me I didn't see it. :ph34r:

So far I've gotten pretty lucky running into folks on Sunday after the show. ;)

Lin

tomlintimsm.jpg