sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles - SPOILERS inside

Here, HERE! And cheers David for the link.

Why don't you pop a nice large jpeg of your fantastic Mutant Chronicles movie poster design on here?

I was lucky enough to see Dave's work on the poster from some early stages. It evolved into something fantastic along the way.

Post it Dave, post it!

Or I will.

Beware ;)

- TB

Thanks Tim! My poster is still awaiting final, final, final, final approval from the powers that be. A couple of tiny tweaks were needed. As soon as the bugger is signed off I'm sure we can post it here. Will let you know.

D.

JO

“I’m not paid to have faith. I’m paid to fuck things up.”

Hehehehe! My kind of line.

That is a great line, especially in this type of movie, but what's funny is that some idiot who saw the movie at Cannes (and OBVIOUSLY did not get the movie and has no frakkin' clue about sci-fi) trashed the movie on the board at IMDb, and he used that exact same line to justify his hatred of it. He obviously went into it expecting something else, but it's a sci-fi movie! It's not Casablanca or Gone With the Wind. Some people just cannot keep things in perspective (and by that I mean critics). That's what pisses me off with most of them. When they judge a movie, they have a preconceived notion in their mind of what the movie is going to be like, and they compare it (unfairly) to some other movie, which it usually has no reason to be ranked with, and end up hating the movie when it doesn't meet their impossible standards.

I would say that all critics should be fired and there should be no more judging or critiquing of film and television because they often hurt what is a very good movie and the public would probably enjoy if they didn't have to go into it with the critics review in the back of their mind, and it ends up ruining their enjoyment of it. But in a sense, I guess they are a necessary evil, though I can't really see the need for them. I usually don't listen to them anyway, and I almost always disagree with their opinions. If they hate a movie, I usually find I'll like it immensely. So I can't wait for this movie to come out. Sounds exciting.

Mediumfan

yeah, that fella on imdb really didn't 'get it'. It's an action movie....and our action hero needs a classic one liner. Works for Clint.

And just to set the record straight, the line is actually........

"I'm not paid to believe. I'm paid to f**k s**t up. You coming?!"

In your face.

D.

That is one of the greatest lines I have heard in a long time. Really it is. Dave thanks for the link buddy. Lookin forward to purchase your poster when it's released!!!!

-Raffi

Out of curiosity, I went back to that thread at IMDb just to see what some of the comments were, and it is hilarious. Apparently the guy who started that thread fancies himself as some sort of celebrated filmmaker (though by his own admission, he's only made one short documentary, which he claims to hate, but that the public just adores, so he must begrudgingly accept the accolades that have been heaped upon him). What a piece of work this guy is.

The conversation very quickly devolved into a pissing contest between him and a couple of other posters who were defending the movie and questioning his credentials. He speaks in a very high-toned manner, as if he is eternally looking down his nose at the rest of the world and anyone who dares question his disdain for any movie that he wasn't involved in.

But the capper is that after everything that this guy said about the movie, and he takes the time to trash every single technical aspect of the movie, and leaves no one in the production process unscathed, when the DP Geoff (Boyle, I think) actually comes on to respond to his "critique", this guy actually starts backpedaling and kissing up to Geoff and asks him to PM him so they can "talk". What a schmuck.

After listening to this guy's comments, I would be hard pressed to believe anything he says, nor watch anything that he might have been associated with, just based on his attitudes that he expressed in his posts.

Mediumfan

Well luckily I know for a fact that Boyle does not suffer fools.

Unless they are paying him a great deal of money ;)

So I'm sure "said idiot" got to suck the pipe where Geoffrey was concerned.

Allcock - Yeah, no shit, the mentally retarded, 12-headed approval machine is the bane of my fucking existence.

The whole lot of them can go piss up a rope.

Post when you can mi bravo.

Too bad we can't tell folks about our other recent clandestine venture . . .

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX
Too bad we can't tell folks about our other recent clandestine venture . . .

ooohhhh see, that's not right Tim.

:ph34r:

You should not tease us like that!

Hey, I dig that foreign poster. Thanks for posting that!!

I can't read anymore on IMDB about Mathew and Mutant Chronicles. It's like he thinks he is some great director like (Insert Director). His IMDB credentials are a 1 minute movie. Heck, my crappy youtube videos are probably better than his. I just hope this movie comes out sooner than later. From all the screen shots I've seen and the behind the scenes it looks really good.

ooohhhh see, that's not right Tim.

:ph34r:

You should not tease us like that!

Hey, I dig that foreign poster. Thanks for posting that!!

Heheh, well sorry about that. The thing I am referring to is WAY unofficial yet.

Way in it's infancy and it may very well turn out to be nothing.

I was just excited is all. Whatever happens on that front we should be able to share some of it at some point.

And we will.

- TB

timothy...YOU TEASE! But I am equally excited about our clandestine venture and really hope it works out.

As for MC and the poster....it's certainly been a learning curve and I totally sympathise with you and what you must deal with every single day. All be worth it in the end though I hope.

Fuck yeah TJ! I can't open the file, which sucks, but hey it's the thought that counts.

It still sends me a page that says an error occured. Dammit! Well as much as I appreciate you trying, what I really can't wait for is to see this film. I love the kinda WWI/trench-war imagery. I love the concept of the trench war and it has been seriously under utilized in film. But back to my point, thanks for trying bud.

It opens fine for me.

But in the interest of people who aren't using a Safari browser (that's probably the problem), I'll repost the image here for all a yous.

Way to go Allcock. Awesome poster.

MC_ONESHEET_10c.jpg

- TB

Allcock, you made a great poster, man. More of an old-school approach. Reminds me of a Drew Struzan kind of. In the layout anyways.

Thanks a bunch Tim for getting that up so I (with crappy Internet Explorer) could see it. Much appreciated pal!

Allcock, you made a great poster, man. More of an old-school approach. Reminds me of a Drew Struzan kind of. In the layout anyways.

Thanks a bunch Tim for getting that up so I (with crappy Internet Explorer) could see it. Much appreciated pal!

Thanks Andrew! that was exactly the plan, old school vibe to fit the retro feel of the film. Classic hero front and centre with action around, and a nice chunky border to frame the action like they used to do in the old days

That's a kickass poster, David! Thanks for sharing. And thanks, TB, for considering us poor slobs who are stuck with IE. ;)

Mediumfan