sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles - SPOILERS inside

Thanks for the info on the LA screening! Great news. I'll be there for sure.

And this would definitely qualify as a botched release. Somebody screwed the pooch big time with this one. (And Killshot).

Mutant Chronicles Video Featurette about Tom's character Mitch Hunter is online at MySpace.com here; KINDA PLOT SPOILERS IN IT, SO DON'T VIEW if you don't want to see any scenes with Tom in 'em:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=54541798

It strings a few of Tom's scenes in Mutant Chronicles with some audio commentary by Tom. Cool! :D

Jen

Mutant Chronicles screening at 26th Annual Ohio Science Fiction Marathon this weekend! Details at the official site here:

http://www.scifimarathon.com/

and check out the theater here:

http://www.drexel.net/beta/

and link to a blogger who talks about the event:

"This year's 26th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Science Fiction Marathon is less than 3

days away!

Featuring 12 feature films including a record 5 Major Premieres (Well, Major

Premieres for the Midwest, anyway!) Be the first to see the Midwest Premiere of

ALIEN TRESPASS starring Robert Patrick; the Midwest Premiere of MUTANT

CHRONICLES starring Ron Perlman, Thomas Jane and John Malkovich..."

http://drunkenseveredhead.blogspot.com/200...-sci-fi.h\

tml

Jen

Looks like they are getting ready to release the film! Im so jazzed about seeing it when it comes out on vid. Would anyone know when that might be?

Looks like they are getting ready to release the film! Im so jazzed about seeing it when it comes out on vid. Would anyone know when that might be?

Sorry, I don't know. I am sooo confused right now as to when, where, and how any of Tom's films are coming out, because it also depends upon what part of the world you live in!! :huh:

So...does anyone else know? I just know that I'm going to try to see if I can catch the movie on the HDNet Channel soon...wish me luck! :P

Jen

Okay, once again I'm so confused that I don't even know if this is a "new" vid clip of MC or not...BloodyDisgusting.com is saying they have this new, exclusive (very short) clip up at this link:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/Player.php?id=2881

Jen

Hulu has posted the first five minutes from director Simon Hunter's Mutant Chronicles, starring Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Devon Aoki and John Malkovich. The Magnolia Pictures release reaches theaters on April 24th. For more info and media, click here.

News Source

Here's a link to a 5-minute Mutant Chronicles Behind The Scenes video from

SciFi.com with director Simon Hunter narrating part of it, and with Tom briefly

talking around the 3-minute mark, and also Ron Perlman and Devon Aoki talking a

bit. You see lots of small clips of movie with PLOT SPOILERS, so watch at your

own peril! LOL

Simon Hunter says "We did everything old-school style..." with the matte

painting, miniatures, etc... Here's the link:

http://www.scificool.com/mutant-chronicles...e-scenes-video/

Jen

There are Interview excerpts up at SciFi Wire with Simon Hunter, the director of Mutant Chronicles:

"It's really a Saturday-night entertainment movie."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/the-director-of-mutant-ch.php

and

Mutant Chronicles is available via XBox for points...?! I have no idea what this means...LOL

Info at:

"Right now in the XBOX LIVE Marketplace, you can purchase the film Mutant Chronicles for 800 points, which is roughly $10..."

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/100658...ts-Theaters.htm

and

There's an exclusive Mutant Chronicles video clip on UGO about Ron Perlman's character. In their text they give away a bit of the movie, so be wary of reading the info:

"In this clip that we have for you, Ron Perlman describes his role in the film and just who and what his character is."

http://movieblog.ugo.com/archives/movies/b...t%20Chronicles/

Jen

I'm going to get tickets for the New York release. It would be awesome if Tom was there *hint*. I just really want to see this movie and I want to see it is in true form and not illegally.

The movie. After watching it a second time. I still got the same good feeling after the first view 4 months ago. And now I wonder why it should be cut down in the American release. It goes by so fast! I think the biggest problem would be that most people don't like Sci-Fi. And I'm dead certain, that this movie will have a big fan following over time. It starts hard, but ends even harder.

To those of you involved. Good work!

Glad you're digging MC Nighthawk. We think it's fun too.

As for your thoughts on the American release being cut down . . . Just know that Simon Hunter himself is the man behind that decision.

Simon felt that some further judicious editing would make his film better. I haven't seen the new cut but after screening the film at SDCC last year I'd have to agree that it could have stood a nip/tuck to tighten it up a tad. With luck all the scraps will be included as deleted scenes.

I think that April 24 screening is a premiere, may be invite only. But I'll speak with Tom about the idea of inviting some of our LA based RAW members.

Hopefully I'll know something soon.

- TB

Glad you're digging MC Nighthawk. We think it's fun too.

As for your thoughts on the American release being cut down . . . Just know that Simon Hunter himself is the man behind that decision.

Simon felt that some further judicious editing would make his film better. I haven't seen the new cut but after screening the film at SDCC last year I'd have to agree that it could have stood a nip/tuck to tighten it up a tad. With luck all the scraps will be included as deleted scenes.

I think that April 24 screening is a premiere, may be invite only. But I'll speak with Tom about the idea of inviting some of our LA based RAW members.

Hopefully I'll know something soon.

- TB

I was really hoping that I could see this when it shows here in LA (if my work schedule will allow it, darnit!). Is it really by invitation only, Tim? Darn! Just my luck! <_<

I was really hoping that I could see this when it shows here in LA (if my work schedule will allow it, darnit!). Is it really by invitation only, Tim? Darn! Just my luck! <_>

If it is a premiere then yeah, it'll probably be invite only. But I have no intel yet. I could just actually be playing at Mann's.

I'll check with Simon and TJ and see if they know anything. But like I mentioned, if it IS a premiere, then it may be possible to sneak in a few LA based RAW supporters in as guests. We just slap your names on a list for will-call and you're solid gold. And if there is an after party you is In Like Flint.

Free stale popcorn, free iced down, low carbonation beverage of choice, and free admission ;)

I'll update as soon as I have solid intel.

- TB

That's awesome, Tim! That would be totally cool! Either way, I really want to see this movie on the big screen before it gets dumped to dvd and television. Here's hoping! :P

I was in Blockbuster today and they played the preview for the film! Im so excited about MC finally coming out!

Now I see the previews every where. It seems like it should be a big time movie. I wonder why they are only playing

it at certain theaters? Also would anyone know when the DVD might be released?

That's awesome, Tim! That would be totally cool! Either way, I really want to see this movie on the big screen before it gets dumped to dvd and television. Here's hoping! :P

I really live in the wrong country.... :(

I do own the DVD, which is a cool release, but I'll never get to see any of TJ's new films at the cinema, it seems....

Ah well, DVD's are nice too..... :rolleyes:

does any one know if there is any more news about a possible release of Richard Wells score.

does any one know if there is any more news about a possible release of Richard Wells score.

I second that... The score is beautiful and especially "Mitch Hunters' theme" (or something like that).

Shock: You then find yourself teaming up with some great actors. Malkovich, Jane...

Perlman: And it was a superb experience. Tom Jane has become one of my life-long friends. It's rare you come away from a little gig with a life-long friend. But we hit it off really well, I've worked with him subsequently. He did a film called Dark Country that I was in. I just love the guy, he's got a great head. His heart's in the right place. He loves movies like I do. The two days that Malkovich worked on the film, I was in all of his scenes and they were head-to-head, he and I. That was just phenomenal because I'm such a fan of his, I revere him, I really do.

Full article: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10118

Love hearing the Perl wax on about Jane and working on MC and DC.

Ron is one of those true-blue guys who are amazing types to work with.

His dedication to the craft speaks for itself. He's the same in person, what you see is what you get, an affable/genuine soul who lightens up the room when he enters. There is a magnetism to him that is hard to describe. Luckily I was able to get my fanboy awe out of the way a few years ago when I worked on Blade 2. I remember sitting at table with him breaking bread at a Cuban joint on La Cienega back in 2000, pressing him for anecdotes about working with Jean-Jaques Annaud (Quest For Fire, Name Of The Rose, Enemy At The Gates) and enjoying his company immensely. My wife and I went to the cast and crew premiere of Blade 2 and he was amazingly gracious.

A year (Two years?) later Hellboy was in post and he was at SDCC to promote along with Guillermo and Mignola. I had the pleasure of joining them for dinner but as we were eating I realized I'd left my car keys back at the show. So I call my wife and she comes downtown to drop off some spares. She enters our little private room and walks straight to Guillermo and locked her arms around the big lug. Then she hands me the keys and heads for the door. Before she can escape, Ron speaks up, "Missy! Where's MY hug!?" I've rarely seen my wife blush to such a degree . . .

She says, "I didn't think you'd remember who the hell I was." Ron says, "I never forget a gorgeous lady." They exchanged a hug and she departed.

Now I have to say that I never once mentioned her name. Ron remembered it. My wife is not easily impressed by anything, but the respect Ron showed her melted her entirely ;) That's Ron. Memory like a steel trap, and gracious manners that befit society of old. Fiercely loyal too.

It's not surprising that Jane immediately took to him. Tom isn't much for hanging out with other actors, he's more embracing of crew members and artists. When these two cigar loving friends get together it's pretty goddamn fun. Watching them work together on Dark Country was mondo cool.

Ron's an intimidating presence, and it's fun to watch other crew members stand back in awe of him. Ron knows what's going on too. You can see it in people's eyes ;) So he just does what he does. BUT, when someone finally works up the nerve to say hi or to ask for a signature on a DVD he's gracious and accommodating. He makes everyone feel special.

- TB

Jay - Sorry if this is old news but I'm copying a snippet of Richard's reply to me from late November, 2008.

We are working on a score release for as soon as possible, and at least in time for the US launch. Unfortunately any deal relies on the investors and not me. I would just like to see the music out there.

I just sent him another mail inquiring about an update. Will let everyone know when I hear something.

- TB

Well, I just watched the VOD of this on Comcast. I was concerned that there will be a limited opening and it won't get to my area. So I buckled, coughed up 10 bucks and watched the VOD...it is really fucking sweet. If you get the chance to watch it on the big screen DON"T MISS IT! You will not be dissapointed AT ALL! Disregard any negative feed back you may have gotten on this movie...it's not perfect...no movie is...but it is a FUN, FUN, FUN ride!

edit...oh, if it does make it to the big screen around here, my ass will be in a seat to watch it again!

Awesome report Andy - Glad, Glad, Glad you dug the film!

Update on Mutant Chronicles Filmscore by Richard Wells -

This, direct from composer Richard Wells last evening -

"I have good news. I'm mastering the soundtrack tomorrow, and Silva Screen are going to be releasing it. It should be up on itunes in the next couple of weeks and available on CD soon after."

I just sent out an email to Silva Screen UK inquiring about official release dates. Looks like SOON. We'll keep you all posted!

Cheers - TB