sidewaysgaze

Mutant Chronicles - SPOILERS inside

Here is the one 'n' only Mitch Hunter, out to save the world, or at least kill some baddies! :D

Thomas_Jane_pic-_full_length.jpg

Jen

whaou! thanks Jen, great photo !! ;)

Patti

Ah, the chameleonic Thomas Jane! ;)

...and here's the link to another MC review I found online. Reader beware: it goes into some detail about the plot and over-arching themes, so you may not want to read it until you see the film...IMO:

http://www.filmarcade.net/2008/08/mutant-c...-by-kelsey.html

Jen

Wow, the only true review I have read so far. The others were more or less copies of each other with the same stuff written one page after page. This one was constructive and well put.

Doesn't it??? :blink:

To think the second picture was taken just 4 years before the first.

-TL

Yeah. Though, Tom does not look like himself in Deep Blue Sea either :) Had a really rough time accepting that it was him in that movie, but I did come to terms with it eventually.

From Tom, here's a pic of a slightly mutilated Tom from the MC shoot...although the scarring and loss of hair is not due to the ravages of time. Oh, unless it is. I actually don't know the whole MC story... :lol: :

TJMC2.jpg

Jen

...and another pic from Tom, where you can see that his body at least has withstood the ravaging of necromutants and such... ;)

TJMC1.jpg

Jen

...and another pic, where you can see that his body at least has withstood the ravaging of necromutants and such... ;)

TJMC1.jpg

Jen

Well shit...after seeing that pic, to say he's aged a lot would be an understatement! The whole left side of his head is balding! :P

He looks like Frank Castle after being hit by a grenade.

-TL

thomasanddavid3mckl4.jpg

yeah, i was standing next to the bugger and got hit by the same mutating grenade.

I wondered how they would depict that, after reading the scene in the book. Looks like the book description was pretty accurate. That must be one nasty scene in the flick.

spoiling bastards.

- tb

My thoughts exactly :( I intentionally do not read-up on movies I fully intend to see ... Ah, well, some bitchin' pics nonetheless ... gross, but saved by shirtless Jane, thank goodness.

Here is the one 'n' only Mitch Hunter, out to save the world, or at least kill some baddies! :D

Thomas_Jane_pic-_full_length.jpg

Jen

That's a great shot, but I prefer this one...

thomasjanethepunisherrx8.jpg

Iconic.

-TL

Looks like two different people to me :P

I am loving both pics, and hopefully quoting them / reposting them on this page of the thread as a mental palate cleanser!

And, yes, that is Tom Jane's quality of mutability as an actor that I referred to in my introductory post - a metaphysical chameleon, right Jen? ;)

And, yes, that is Tom Jane's quality of mutability as an actor that I referred to in my introductory post - a metaphysical chameleon, right Jen? ;)

Cool, a metaphysical chameleon - I couldn't have said it better! :D

Jen

Oh, and Tim 'n' everyone - hate to say it - but the "look" at the end of the MC film has already been spoiled online with this pic:

TJMC.jpg

Jen

Just found a blogger's review of MC from the Toronto Film Fest - take a gander; dude's lovin' the film:

"If you could have seen all the grins on the face coming out of that theater last night, you know everyone at least had FUN watching that movie. I truly hope this movie gets wide release as it so deserves to be seen on more than just the festival circuit. It is such a crafty mix of genres..."

http://www.renerd.com/?p=1123

Jen

Oh, and Tim 'n' everyone - hate to say it - but the "look" at the end of the MC film has already been spoiled online with this pic:

TJMC.jpg

Jen

No problem, Jen. I know I am behind the learning curve on all things RAW anyway, joining the party late as I have. I do like this photo very much. The B/W helps to stomach it, especially if I am forum reading whilst at work (during a break, of course - come on!) ;)

For me, the photo looks very retro a la The Day the Earth Stood Still, Flash Gordon or Metropolis - nice.

No problem, Jen. I know I am behind the learning curve on all things RAW anyway, joining the party late as I have. I do like this photo very much. The B/W helps to stomach it, especially if I am forum reading whilst at work (during a break, of course - come on!) ;)

I know what you mean about being at work, ahhh, during a break, yes... ;) Thank goodness I'm not in a cubicle where everyone passing by can see what I'm up to! :lol:

Jen

Check this out - a fun video, from Tom, of peeps before 'n' after the screening of Mutant Chronicles at the Toronto Film Fest. Best part, besides the "awesomes" and "fantastics" and the guy who digs the swords is the "Who would win in a fair fight - Ron Perlman or Thomas Jane?" question! ;)

http://www.renerd.com/?p=1117

Jen

Oh, also, just found this short review of MC from a blogger who was at the screening:

"Thomas Jane's performance was also great, including fun one liners and a fair share of action."

http://moviemoxie.blogspot.com/2008/10/tor...-2008_4714.html

Jen

SPOILERS!!

WTF? That is just not cool.

:angry:

Yeah, sorry Noeland 'n' everyone! I know I, and others here, are getting carried away with posting a lot of info, some of which contains spoilers for plot and images... I was kinda assuming that a lot of the plot is already common knowledge, but I guess it depends how much everyone's read about the film.

Thanks Noeland for adding the "Spoilers Inside" tag to the thread. :)

Jen

Here's a link to another blogger's review (short) of MC; contains plot spoilers:

"The film offers up a delicious blend of early 20th century fashion meets a kind of steam-punk in a gritty sci-fi horror genre."

http://zencadet.livejournal.com/100076.html

Jen