Stephen King FROM A BUICK 8 Promo: 

Yes, I realize that when Geoff said this film adaptation would get its own thread, he meant later….But that was hours ago! So later is NOW! ;) & I waited a whole night to post it, but I am just TOO EXCITED about this latest venture!! But I promise I'll only talk about it on here until it's officially announced.    

Thomas Jane & Stephen King -- Love those names together! B)  

Through Googling, I found that Renegade wasn’t the first company interested in adapting this King novel.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/stephen-king-from-a-buick-8-movie-william-brent-bell-hyde-park-ashok-amritraj-1202431675/ 

But I’m so glad that TJ & CJPenn got their hands on it now. 

Until we get more updates on the film adaptation (don't wanna rush it), let’s discuss this novel by Stephen King in the meantime.

Who’s read it? Show of hands! 

(& if you’ve read it & want to discuss your favorite parts in the book, you can…..just give others a SPOILERS warning first) 

I finished it recently and hadn't actually heard of it till Tom told me about it back in March. It's a very good book and I hope a screenplay doesn't differ too much once it's completed. 

On 5/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Geoff said:

I finished it recently and hadn't actually heard of it till Tom told me about it back in March. It's a very good book and I hope a screenplay doesn't differ too much once it's completed. 

I haven't read it, yet. But I'll try to see if I can find it the next time I visit a book store. If not, I'll order it online, but I definitely wanna read it SOON. I have a friend who loves Stephen King's books, but he's never mentioned this particular one to me, so I hadn't heard of it until TJ brought it up. 

Came across this drawing today. 

Anyone notice anything about it? 

4e23519e24b3bc022872d640d55673d3.jpg

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Came across this drawing today. 

Anyone notice anything about it? 

4e23519e24b3bc022872d640d55673d3.jpg

Nice plate!👍

5 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Nice plate!👍

But what about said plate? (two things) 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

But what about said plate? (two things) 

Could it be ‘69?

6 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Could it be ‘69?

Winner!

The RAW plus the 69 (Thomas' birth year) was just too weird. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Winner!

The RAW plus the 69 (Thomas' birth year) was just too weird. 

The RAW bit was obvious - what do I win?? 😁😁

9 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Dunno, let me work on it. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Just gimme Tom’s number and we’ll call it quits 😁 (Worth a try, right?)

32 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Just gimme Tom’s number and we’ll call it quits 😁 (Worth a try, right?)

lol. Always worth a try. 😁

On 5/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, Rosella said:

But I’m so glad that TJ & CJPenn got their hands on it now. 

About this project, what does exactly mean "lay their hands on it"? Do you think Thomas will direct? He said in numerous interviews he wanted to direct again. And a western would be too difficult to finance... so is this the lucky alternative?

In case he doesn't direct, but "just" act in it, what would be the benefit of buying the rights in comparison to being a regular producer?

Maybe it's just too early to answer/speculate?

11 hours ago, Enaira said:

About this project, what does exactly mean "lay their hands on it"? Do you think Thomas will direct? He said in numerous interviews he wanted to direct again. And a western would be too difficult to finance... so is this the lucky alternative?

In case he doesn't direct, but "just" act in it, what would be the benefit of buying the rights in comparison to being a regular producer?

Maybe it's just too early to answer/speculate?

I can answer/speculate on some of it.

It's a money thing to a point. By buying the rights to it Renegade now own it (in part) so can do with it as they please (likely a film as opposed to TV mini series for example). The more money it makes the more the "owners" make but more importantly they own creative control which I know Thomas will relish (I'm sure Courtney will also)

With regards to directing I can't answer that. I think the material (having read it) is right up Tom's street but will he direct and act? Who knows. Will other possible finance types want Tom in front of the camera to help draw an audience? Who knows.

However is horror/mystery/thriller a more commercially viable than a Western? Yes it is. So it seems likely. Does it means however that AMSFASH sees the light of day under Renegade? Who knows.

Very early stages on this yet so anything firm is likely a ways off, but you never know whose working on it already behind the scenes. 

First acquisition for Renegade, and it’s a horror movie. No wonder, since TJ seems to love the genre and he’s been cast in various horror movies too. For me, it’s like watching heaven and hell at the same time when he’s in it! Does anyone know a little more about the plot and which character do you think he would play?

6 hours ago, Anna Clara said:

First acquisition for Renegade, and it’s a horror movie. No wonder, since TJ seems to love the genre and he’s been cast in various horror movies too. For me, it’s like watching heaven and hell at the same time when he’s in it! Does anyone know a little more about the plot and which character do you think he would play?

Well it's based directly on the book so the plot won't change. Thomas would likely have the lead role of Sandy Dearborn the Trooper in charge and Narrator of the story. 

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

However is horror/mystery/thriller a more commercially viable than a Western? Yes it is. So it seems likely. Does it means however that AMSFASH sees the light of day under Renegade? Who knows.

Now there's a juicy little prospect I hadn't considered!  Fingers crossed!!🤞🤞

On 6/6/2019 at 8:22 AM, Gail said:

On 6/6/2019 at 8:26 AM, Geoff said:

Clearly TJ’s number wasn’t the prize, so what was it?🤔😁

1 hour ago, Gail said:

Clearly TJ’s number wasn’t the prize, so what was it?🤔😁

Erm, my generous thanks and appreciation. 

Ah that’ll do - thanks Geoff! 😉 👍👍

Geoff, what an excellent news that you're working on the Buick poster! Looking forward to it. Still love the Crown Vic you did. 

48 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Geoff, what an excellent news that you're working on the Buick poster! Looking forward to it. Still love the Crown Vic you did. 

Why thank you. This one is different but way cool. 

Geoff -- That's great that you get to do the art for this one, too! Can't wait to see your spin on it! 😉