6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Thanks mate. Wont do anymore as too busy but all good practice and I do think my two differ from whats left, they all seem a bit corporate to me but then again I would be saying that lol.  

I like the corporate ones... for a corporation that's desperately trying to convince people it isn't! Are they right for the creative industry? I wouldn't go with them - I'd want something which really went with my company name and ethos. Which, let's face it, is why we have logos - to tell an easily understandable story.

4 minutes ago, Gail said:

No I think you’re right - a lot of them seem to be a variation on a theme whereas your two are totally different (to what’s been submitted by other people, and from each other).  I think you’re hiding your light a bit Mr W!! 😉

Agreed. I did wonder, when looking at the submissions, whether part of the brief was 'must have mustangs'. And cowboys! Not saying it's a bad thing, of course - some of the logos have been beautiful. I really like Geoff's idea of breaking the chain. Outside. The. Box.

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

lol, Nah I like it in the dark though. 

Hahahahaha 😆

12 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

I like the corporate ones... for a corporation that's desperately trying to convince people it isn't! Are they right for the creative industry? I wouldn't go with them - I'd want something which really went with my company name and ethos. Which, let's face it, is why we have logos - to tell an easily understandable story.

You're competently right and every business should have one and it should represent what their company does.

I guess I feel that in the main though they are lacking an edge. The brief refers to edgy, anti heroes, darkness, shadows and Im not seeing much if any of the hence going the way that I did with mine, but they might also be very wide of the mark, thats kind of the fun thing about doing it. Peoples own interpretation of what they read. Kinda like ready a story where the person isn't defined and then have a conversation about it and peoples own vision can be different about the same person. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

You're competently right and every business should have one and it should represent what their company does.

I guess I feel that in the main though they are lacking an edge. The brief refers to edgy, anti heroes, darkness, shadows and Im not seeing much if any of the hence going the way that I did with mine, but they might also be very wide of the mark, thats kind of the fun thing about doing it peoples on interpretation of what they read. Kinda like ready a story where the person isn't defined and then have a conversation about it and peoples own vision can be different about the same person. 

Oh, absolutely! And my idea of dark and edgy may not be your idea at all. It's all so subjective, hence finding it really easy to make my own logo... but I'd be at a loss, trying to make one for someone else, unless I knew them and their business extremely well. 

Which is why I am baker and a writer, and not a graphic designer. Well, that, and general lack of talent in the designery department. 😉

6 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Oh, absolutely! And my idea of dark and edgy may not be your idea at all. It's all so subjective, hence finding it really easy to make my own logo... but I'd be at a loss, trying to make one for someone else, unless I knew them and their business extremely well. 

Which is why I am baker and a writer, and not a graphic designer. Well, that, and general lack of talent in the designery department. 😉

Nor me.

Graphic designer I mean, well also baker..........Writer too actually. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Nor me.

Graphic designer I mean, well also baker..........Writer too actually. 

Aah but you do understand the way of the open hand. 

(Unlike me, who discovered I got motion sickness from being thrown in ju jitsu. So very lame. An action hero, I am not!)

Anyway, you know what Miller would say regarding your logo submissions...

"No risk, no reward."

I wouldn’t know where to start but my Dad was a graphic designer so I grew up surrounded by half done designs and abandoned ideas - I admire anyone who can have a vision and carry it through to an end product, so a hearty slap on the back to you Geoff (once I find you in the dark!! 😆)

10 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Aah but you do understand the way of the open hand. 

(Unlike me, who discovered I got motion sickness from being thrown in ju jitsu. So very lame. An action hero, I am not!)

Ha, I did both JuJitsu and Aikido before settling with "Open hand" 

9 minutes ago, Gail said:

I wouldn’t know where to start but my Dad was a graphic designer so I grew up surrounded by half done designs and abandoned ideas - I admire anyone who can have a vision and carry it through to an end product, so a hearty slap on the back to you Geoff (once I find you in the dark!! 😆)

Thank you! 😀

Course I could just blackmail Tom & Court and say if its not mine design chosen naff all else gets done. (Joke either of you two if you read this!) 

Ha, I did both JuJitsu and Aikido before settling with "Open hand" 

You are a veritable ninja!

Course I could just blackmail Tom & Court and say if its not mine design chosen naff all else gets done. (Joke either of you two if you read this!) 

Nah, I say it's worth a try. Be that renegade! 😂

You are a veritable ninja!

As opposed to your vegetable Ninja! 😀

Nah, I say it's worth a try. Be that renegade! 😂

Frickin good point. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Ain’t that just the dictionary definition of a renegade???!  

As opposed to your vegetable Ninja! 😀

I *am* that ninja.

Image result for amos burton i am that guy gif

Frickin good point. 

To ta ge im kopeng - bosmang na complin. Belta lik pashang!

Well first two images got kicked into touch so after some very kind feedback ive gone with the horse aspect that is now the brief. Lets see how we go. 

23 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Well first two images got kicked into touch so after some very kind feedback ive gone with the horse aspect that is now the brief. Lets see how we go. 

Aw bit disappointing, like your new ones though, ‘specially the black and white version.  Fingers, toes and eyes crossed this time - good luck!! 🤞

10 minutes ago, Gail said:

Aw bit disappointing, like your new ones though, ‘specially the black and white version.  Fingers, toes and eyes crossed this time - good luck!! 🤞

🤟

You’ve got to be in with a shout - at least your horse LOOKS like a horse, unlike some of them!  I’m not saying I could do any better but come on, get the basics right!!

In fairness, some of them are really good - glad I don’t have to choose!  (Except that it would be easy, ‘cos obviously it’d be yours Geoff!! 😉)

lol, some of em are really good and Id still pick a few over mine but they are also professionals so you would kinda expect it. 

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

lol, some of em are really good and Id still pick a few over mine but they are also professionals so you would kinda expect it. 

You would... but I had to enlarge a couple to actually see what the image was, which might suggest that they'd pretty much failed at their job! 

I prefer your monochrome one out of the new subs, although I must admit that I'm not keen on the glowiness of it. If it were my logo, I'd want clean, hard lines (which would work better on smaller versions of the design, e.g. biz cards). What are you using to make them? Ai?

24 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

You would... but I had to enlarge a couple to actually see what the image was, which might suggest that they'd pretty much failed at their job! 

I prefer your monochrome one out of the new subs, although I must admit that I'm not keen on the glowiness of it. If it were my logo, I'd want clean, hard lines (which would work better on smaller versions of the design, e.g. biz cards). What are you using to make them? Ai?

Yeah its all AI and vectored into EPS files so can reduce and increased without any loss. I looked at hard lines but with the drawing done in AI you actually lost some of its stature and shading. Hard to explain but I do take you point on. 

17 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah its all AI and vectored into EPS files so can reduce and increased without any loss. I looked at hard lines but with the drawing done in AI you actually lost some of its stature and shading. Hard to explain but I do take you point on. 

Oh, that's a shame; I think in that case, I'd have foregone any shading, and just made it a line drawing. But, as I said before, I'm not a graphic designer, nor an artist, and I bow to your superior skills in that department, Geoff! 

(I hope you don't mind a bit of feedback!)

Oh, that's a shame; I think in that case, I'd have foregone any shading, and just made it a line drawing. But, as I said before, I'm not a graphic designer, nor an artist, and I bow to your superior skills in that department, Geoff! 

(I hope you don't mind a bit of feedback!)

Course not! This isn't my day job at all im just dabbling so all feedback is welcome.

Whenever I do the posters I send them out to everyone, feedback is the only way to learn so never fear on that front. 

Course not! This isn't my day job at all im just dabbling so all feedback is welcome.

Whenever I do the posters I send them out to everyone, feedback is the only way to learn so never fear on that front. 

That's reassuring; I'd hate you to think I was being an arse! I'm always asking for feedback on my work too, and I completely agree that this is how we improve our skills. Glad we're on the same page!

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah its all AI and vectored into EPS files 

Easy for you to say!!! 😦

Point taken about clean lines, what would look cool though is (thinking positive and big screen image) the harder image initially but with a ‘flare’ rolling round it to soften it, or maybe the other way round starting softer and then coming into hard focus - does that make sense? I know what I’m thinking just crap at explaining it!!