Malooooone !!!!

11 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Malooooone !!!!

lol, calm yourself. Breathe, calm, breathe. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

lol, calm yourself. Breathe, calm, breathe. 

😹

I think Ariane just had her ‘Heathcliff’ moment!!! 😂

2 hours ago, Gail said:

I think Ariane just had her ‘Heathcliff’ moment!!! 😂

Well I cant really see Araine on the moors in the wind and rain screaming "Maloneeeeee"

Oh, no, wait a sec. Yeah, yeah I can. 

😂😂😂😂😂  I can picture it so clearly- I live very near Brontë country, I’ll pick out a nice spot and dedicate it!

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Hell its worth putting to Tom and Court, Gotta talk to them later so will fire it across. 

So, just taking this as a ‘for instance’, why would Hannibal retain the rights to something they’ve no real interest in pursuing as a venture?  Just reading the Malone thread it seems there was a huge amount of interest in a sequel (on this forum anyway), lots of emails sent, the writer was on board but Hannibal pretty much sat with their fingers in their ears going “La-la-la-la we can’t hear you”.  Is it just a case that nobody’s asked to buy the rights?

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Well I cant really see Araine on the moors in the wind and rain screaming "Maloneeeeee"

Oh, no, wait a sec. Yeah, yeah I can. 

I was shouting in the wind and rain as I wrote this morning 😉 you have the correct visuals. I would do it again for AMDFASH !

10 minutes ago, Enaira said:

you have the correct visuals. I would do it again for AMDFASH

You might get very horse by the time that arrives, geddit HORSE. Never mind

24 minutes ago, Gail said:

So, just taking this as a ‘for instance’, why would Hannibal retain the rights to something they’ve no real interest in pursuing as a venture?  Just reading the Malone thread it seems there was a huge amount of interest in a sequel (on this forum anyway), lots of emails sent, the writer was on board but Hannibal pretty much sat with their fingers in their ears going “La-la-la-la we can’t hear you”.  Is it just a case that nobody’s asked to buy the rights?

Cant answer that im afraid, mine is not to reason why. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

You might get very horse by the time that arrives, geddit HORSE. Never mind

I'm ok with being hoarse on a horse if it makes it happen!

19 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Cant answer that im afraid, mine is not to reason why. 

Okay, was just curious as to how these things work 

23 minutes ago, Gail said:

Okay, was just curious as to how these things work 

Im only guessing here but in my head it must just be a money thing as far as I can tell. If they arnt doing anything then no one else is so no money being lost. If they take a gamble and say chuck in $15m for a new one at it only makes $8m then they lose a ton of money But is the sell the rights for say $2m and it goes on and makes $50 then they will kick themselves. 

You know how sometimes kids or animals will gather all there toys together and have then sat there, not playing with them but no one else can play? That. 

Ah right yes - the kids and toys thing makes perfect sense! 😆

Nearly 400 submissions have gone in so far. Its been really interesting to watch the designs change Tom and Court's thoughts as it evolves. Just under 2 days left.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:49 PM, Geoff said:

You may remember that Tom mentioned in the Q and A that Westerns are ssssooooo hard to sell so it all boils down to the same thing I'm afraid. If the financiers don't think it will make money  (as Westerns generally dont) they wont get behind it.

The solution is clearly to make Westerns set in space. Worked for Gene Roddenberry and Joss Whedon. 😋 I love a good Western.

well I've thrown my hat into the ring so we shall if if they like the two that I've done for consideration. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

well I've thrown my hat into the ring so we shall if if they like the two that I've done for consideration. 

You have? Shiny!

I really like some of them - particularly with the hat. For obvious reasons! I wouldn't even know where to begin making a logo for someone else; I did my own for my website but that's as far as my graphics talents go!

ETA: Ooh, I just saw yours. Nice! I do have to say I got a bit of 'Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains' with the second one. A multipurpose logo! 😋

Im just an amateur so dont really expect to win but the practice is good. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

If you don't, as you say, throw your hat into the ring, you won't ever give someone a chance to pick it up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

6 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

If you don't, as you say, throw your hat into the ring, you won't ever give someone a chance to pick it up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Why thank ya partner. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Why thank ya partner. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Geoff you’re waaaaay too modest - really like yours, the chain one is really eyecatching, personally prefer the one with the rearing mustang though.  S’pose it depends on what identity they’re going for.  Good on you though, fingers and toes crossed for you!! 🤞🤞🤞

13 minutes ago, Gail said:

Geoff you’re waaaaay too modest - really like yours, the chain one is really eyecatching, personally prefer the one with the rearing mustang though.  S’pose it depends on what identity they’re going for.  Good on you though, fingers and toes crossed for you!! 🤞🤞🤞

Thanks mate. Wont do anymore as too busy but all good practice and I do think my two differ from whats left, they all seem a bit corporate to me but then again I would be saying that lol.  

No I think you’re right - a lot of them seem to be a variation on a theme whereas your two are totally different (to what’s been submitted by other people, and from each other).  I think you’re hiding your light a bit Mr W!! 😉

lol, Nah I like it in the dark though.