Well a big 'whoop-whoop' to you Geoff, it was all seamless from this side, just wish we'd had The Boss for longer but I won't complain! It was probably one of the funnest (is that even a word?) hours online I've ever had😄😄

26 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Well a big 'whoop-whoop' to you Geoff, it was all seamless from this side, just wish we'd had The Boss for longer but I won't complain! It was probably one of the funnest (is that even a word?) hours online I've ever had😄😄

Ha ha "funnest" could have been a word coming from me. Just like "flabergastering" 😂 I will use it now and think about you. 

12 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Ha ha "funnest" could have been a word coming from me. Just like "flabergastering" 😂 I will use it now and think about you. 

😂😂😂 Bless you Ariane, at least you have an excuse!  My only excuse is that it's late and I've had wine so my grasp of English grammar has temporarily escaped me...........

Hello Geoff,

I’ve been reviewing the Q&A during a quiet moment in order to let the information sink in. Due to the excitement and the time constraint during the Q&A it was not possible to really elaborate and have a deep dive on specific aspects of what Tom said. He mentioned his daily routine at home: preparing the next movie, writing notes on the scripts…

So this leads to my question: would it be possible to organize a session about his creative input and how he builds up a character starting from the script, the first trials in front of the mirror (?), the discussion with the writer/director, then the preparation on set and with the rest of the cast?

Especially the psychological aspects during research are interesting. We expect that actors are able to dress themselves with someone else's mind and history. But how can he do that efficiently if he has never lived this situation before?

It would be so interesting if he could pick an example where he has added much “flesh” to a character. Or modified/influenced the primary vision of the writers? Any movie out of his filmography is interesting, he can choose ☺️ I hope he keeps all the scripts with his notes on them, it is worth gold for sure.

I do not have a solution concerning the format. I guess it could be in writing, or even easier for him as a short video where he explains his creative process. Could be then coupled to a Q&A afterwards. I am fully aware that I ask a LOT and honestly I feel like a spoiled brat on this forum so I feel very humble right now if you know what I mean.

This is obviously a long term idea, I just wanted to plant the crystal seed and hopefully it will grow into a great action for 2020?

10 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Hello Geoff,

I’ve been reviewing the Q&A during a quiet moment in order to let the information sink in. Due to the excitement and the time constraint during the Q&A it was not possible to really elaborate and have a deep dive on specific aspects of what Tom said. He mentioned his daily routine at home: preparing the next movie, writing notes on the scripts…

So this leads to my question: would it be possible to organize a session about his creative input and how he builds up a character starting from the script, the first trials in front of the mirror (?), the discussion with the writer/director, then the preparation on set and with the rest of the cast?

Especially the psychological aspects during research are interesting. We expect that actors are able to dress themselves with someone else's mind and history. But how can he do that efficiently if he has never lived this situation before?

It would be so interesting if he could pick an example where he has added much “flesh” to a character. Or modified/influenced the primary vision of the writers? Any movie out of his filmography is interesting, he can choose ☺️ I hope he keeps all the scripts with his notes on them, it is worth gold for sure.

I do not have a solution concerning the format. I guess it could be in writing, or even easier for him as a short video where he explains his creative process. Could be then coupled to a Q&A afterwards. I am fully aware that I ask a LOT and honestly I feel like a spoiled brat on this forum so I feel very humble right now if you know what I mean.

This is obviously a long term idea, I just wanted to plant the crystal seed and hopefully it will grow into a great action for 2020?

lol. All ideas are welcome and the process of creating is Thomas' favorite from concept to the finished result (whatever that might be) - More that that I wouldn't want to comment but will of course run it past him for future consideration.

Depending on the role if there is source material he can drawn upon he does to a degree and when playing a role that already has source either in comic form (Frank Castle) or real life (Neal Cassidy, Andre Stander) I know he takes on the burden of really wanting to get it right. Whether or not the process changes is an interesting question and how those leanings and/or adaptation then lends itself to assisting in his love of directing and producing I dont know and wouldn't want to speak for him obviously.

8 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hello Geoff,

Good grief Ariane - if this is what you can come up with during 'a quiet moment' you could probably sort the whole Middle East problem and most of world peace if you have an afternoon spare!!  I agree though, it would be fascinating to get Tom's thoughts on the process.  I have to admit to being a bit reluctant spoil the magic he produces, as I think he really immerses himself in whatever role he's playing and makes each character totally believable but on the other hand I would be interesting to see how he, as you say, fleshes out a character.  I also feel extremely privileged to be able to ask this sort of question of such an accomplished actor, I'm sure there aren't many in his position who would be so obliging.

8 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Good grief Ariane - if this is what you can come up with during 'a quiet moment' you could probably sort the whole Middle East problem and most of world peace if you have an afternoon spare!!

😂 I doubt that!

With two young kids and a full time job, I micromanage my free time. Lots of tiny bits of time here and there but I rarely can concentrate on something for hours. Except work 🙄

Hi Tom.I want to know whether you are working on a movie and where the brain can be seen in the near future.If you read my questions and find time to answer,i will be veri pleased.Have a nice day.

On 17.5.2019 at 23:23, Thomas Jane said:

Mám malý dom s výhľadom na jazero v Los Angeles. Sedím pri jedálenskom stole. dvere paluby sú otvorené a prechádza vietor. slnečno dnes, ale včera pršalo, takže vzduch je pre zmenu čistý. Mám cigaretu v ústach a kávu (s ťažkou šľahačkou, bez cukru, pretože niekto sa spýtal). Nikto iný tu nie je, píšem dvoma alebo tromi prstami, je mi to ľúto, že je to trochu pomalé!

Hi Thomas.Are you on some new movie?And i want to know if you are in love now.

48 minutes ago, veronica34 said:

Hi Thomas.Are you on some new movie?And i want to know if you are in love now.

Well I can answer part of that as I doubt Thomas will be on for a while (but you never know) 

Tom is about to go to Kentucky to shoot his next picture called Salvage. It has its own thread that can be found here http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/topic/2665-salvage/ He has a few more shoots lined up but schedules are still being worked on.

As for the 2nd part of the question I know Thomas loves many things and people. Anything further than that I wouldn't comment on. 

On 18.5.2019 at 0:33, Geoff said:

Moje potešenie - Veľké otázky. 

Geof can't send me a thomas signature card,please?

5 hours ago, veronica34 said:

Geof can't send me a thomas signature card,please?

Requests for autographs can be sent here:

Thomas Jane
c/o Studio Fan Mail
1122 S. Robertson Bl. #15
Los Angeles, CA 90035

or e-mail photo requests to: thomasjane@studiofanmail.com 

May i ask you Thomas, what drives you?  I know well, we all have a presence that is amenable to the audience at hand, a face for the family, for the employers, the public, the fans (in your case!) :), set things to say in different scenarios to different people,  but despite of that, I would love a candid answer. I am interested to know, what truly motivates you, as a person, forgetting about being wealthy and famous of course, which to a lot of people is a blind solution to all their problems :), what makes you get up in the morning and face the world, the drama of life, what gets you through the day, what do you feel ardent about, what makes your blood boil, what brings a smile to your face, what do you hope for, what would you fight for? If you could make any changes in this world, what would they be? If you had to define yourself as a person in one sentence, what would it be? 

Hey Tom I’m watching 61 on hbo now ...was wondering (if you get a chance when you drop in here ) ...how did you get the punisher role just a couple years after ? I Read a story that you were not to interested in it until you saw the posters Bradstreet did of you as punisher ....but like did someone seek you out ? Or did you audition for it ...thanks for your time if you read this and sorry if you answered this already