8 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Movie: The Mist
Scene: David Drayton wakes up after sleeping/passing out one full day.
Detail: He stumbles due to the exhaustion and someone is picking him under the armpit to help him stand up. This little movement is profoundly human and touching.

Question: can you remember if this movement was planned, was it your creative input during preparation? Or did it happen on the fly?

don't remember! but it was prob a combination of all three. we always look for moments we can bring to tell the human part of the story

glad it came across!

Just one more question, if that's okay? As a writer, have you any advice about keeping motivated when the doubts start creeping in of no one will ever want to read this? 

Just now, Thomas Jane said:

yes you should check the Expanse series! very good sci-fi

as for others, nothing new comes to mind right now

guess ive been too damn busy

but i always have a stack of books by the bed

Thanks for the response!  I'm actually looking forward to reading the series.

You must have travelled quite extensively - where's the best place you've visited, and where's your favourite place to be?

1 minute ago, Enaira said:

If we were on Insta I would click on the heart here !

🤗♥️ 

9 minutes ago, Mad_Anthony said:

Hey Tom happy holidays and New year thanks for this Q and A anyway I’ve been watching old movies and I just saw the Cincinnati Kid for first time I’m a big fan of  Steve McQueen and Paul Newman I was wondering if you can star and remake any classic movie from that era which would you be interested in doing ?? 

The Big Red One

I'm all about Lee Marvin

but i think those great old films should be left alone, for the most part.

9 minutes ago, Rosella said:

Renegade Entertainment sounds like a very promising venture. I read that, in addition to films, the company plans to make games & immersive content.  What types of games & immersive content? Is there anything currently in develop for either one (anything you can discuss, of course)? 

not at this time but i can say it will involve VR

Tom, last question - for tonight...

Thank you for allowing this forum, we're having fun on an every day basis, true story 🙂

And thanks again for your time today.

Could you tell us how heavy the nuc head really was? And when you had to open by force the air lock of Eros, was it made difficult/real for you or is it 100% you playing the part?

Hey TJ, Is your beautiful daughter still acting? She has a great bloodline with Mom and Dad. What advice have you given her regarding the business? Thanks, Happy Holidays! 

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

The Big Red One

I'm all about Lee Marvin

I agree. But I would trust a classic remake in your hands, & I wouldn't say that to just anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Enaira said:

On Insta you mentioned that the Julie/Joe reunion was a single take. Do you have other examples in your career of "one take Tom" that you're really proud of?

i just did a great shot as a director on Expanse this year that was one take. i think you'll dig it

In a video you put up online in support of the new film company, Rebeller, you said that you think there's a tendency towards just making films where everyone is comfortable?  Do you have any plans (that you can talk about), for making uncomfortable movies?

10 minutes ago, Doc Christian said:

Good Afternoon Jane,

I want to say you have been anazing on The Expanse. I dont know if you keep up with how alot of these articles about toxic fans but alot of these fans that hate on things just love you and the expanse. I was watching some star trek and star wars hate. JJ Abrams and Nad robot to be exact and the brought up how awesome the expanse was and so I watched it and thought it was perfect. Your a actor I think I dont see enough of and alot of others agree. You made Miller. You made me care for a character that seemed to not even care about himself. The reason the show went to Amazon was due to your hard work as a actor. That it was saved or people wanted it saved is proof enough. Thank you Punisher 

-Christian S.

nice to hear that, Christian. thank you

1 minute ago, Thomas Jane said:

i just did a great shot as a director on Expanse this year that was one take. i think you'll dig it

Ohhh so thrilled! That will keep me going for the next 12 months 😉

One more if I may?  Just caught Stander for the first time last week and loved it - do you feel more responsibility when portraying a real life character or do you feel that's up to the writers?

Also in case I forget later, thanks a million for your time tonight (or this afternoon!)

1 minute ago, Thomas Jane said:

not at this time but i can say it will involve VR

Whoa! That sounds cool! 😎 Looking forward to it! 

(thank you for Aing another Q!) 

You just made one little boy very happy! He seriously is dancing on the couch, screaming I'm gonna be the punisher then asked me what a wheatie is? LOL Ur awesome Tom! Thank you so much for this! Have a wonderful Christmas! xo

8 minutes ago, Al. said:

How was it to work on the show, as an actor and a director, with James SA Corey -aka Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham-? Are the authors of the book.s often part of the TV show/film adaptation process?

Ty and Daniel are there all the time, very involved. they even wrote a few episodes. don't know how it is on other shows. my guess it varies. but we love having them around!

1 minute ago, Mamabear1974 said:

You just made one little boy very happy! He seriously is dancing on the couch, screaming I'm gonna be the punisher then asked me what a wheatie is? LOL Ur awesome Tom! Thank you so much for this! Have a wonderful Christmas! xo

So sweet! Wishing him all the best!

9 minutes ago, Tanya said:

For your new company WAR (nice anagram for RAW ;))    is it a high financial risk for you and how long was it in the works?

everything worth doing is a risk. it's more about blood sweat and tears than money. nice catch on the anagram ;)

9 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Just one more question, if that's okay? As a writer, have you any advice about keeping motivated when the doubts start creeping in of no one will ever want to read this? 

yes: keep going. don't stop. if the thought doesn't move you forward, throw it away and wait for the next one. 

5 minutes ago, Thomas Jane said:

The Big Red One

I'm all about Lee Marvin

Haha yes absolutely cool answer ....and I have to check out Lee Marvin 👍👍

Just now, Thomas Jane said:

nice catch on the anagram ;)

FFS - missed that one completely! 🙄

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.