5 hours ago, Geoff said:

No Sci-Fi in this one, straight up thriller. 

Which means no gribblies either. Good. I can go for that. 😋

Slated for end of Sept shoot start. 

How will this fit in/affect the Salvage shoot?  Are they still waiting for insurance to sign off there?

Salvage shoot will be done after Crimson hopefully but there are new project's circling..........

Oooooooh - exciting!!!!!! 😁😁

Like I said before, quiet out here means very busy behind the scenes. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Like I said before, quiet out here means very busy behind the scenes. 

The trouble is though that quiet out here means we get restless and Ariane starts making mischief!! 😆😆

Moi ?

😳

Oui!!  😄

.....bonkers.

Is that me or the shooting date for Crimson Blues just disappeared from the calendar? 😳

You’re right, it has - explanations welcomed Mr W!  (There’s also the Salvage shoot still up in the air.....)

This has also now moved and will be shot after RHF. 

The director R. E. Frazier just announced that Laurence Fishburne and Drew Von Acker will also join the cast of Crimson Blues. 

The Fish and TJ, reunion !!

36 minutes ago, Enaira said:

The director R. E. Frazier just announced that Laurence Fishburne and Drew Von Acker will also join the cast of Crimson Blues. 

The Fish and TJ, reunion !!

Fabulous news!!!! 😁😁

Fish has stepped in due to the changes in schedule. Will be awesome to see them together again. 

So as mentioned elsewhere (I think) this has a hard wrap by Dec) for both Thomas and Fish. I would allow 4 weeks for full shoot minimum so its either late Nov, very early Dec for shoot date.

As it stands now, busy ol time. 

EDDIE BRAUN (Thomas Jane) is a blues-loving, honest detective in San Diego. When he’s not clearing the streets of gangbangers and drug dealers, he can be found at local blues bars playing his guitar. Eddie has worked for years with a man named JAMES TILDEN. Tilden is more than a partner; he’s a mentor and family friend who also worked with Eddie’s dad. After leaving Tilden’s retirement party, Eddie chases down a street hustler, only to find out it’s his old friend AJ (Glenn Plummer). Eddie and AJ were once thick as thieves, but their lives diverged when Eddie became a cop and AJ became a junkie. But there’s still love between them. 

Meanwhile, in the mountainous Southern California desert, a shack doubling as a meth-lab explodes in flames.

Eddie goes into the office the next day, where LIEUTENANT SCANLON introduces him to his new partner, MARVIN BROUSSARD (Drew Van Acker).. Broussard is Eddie’s opposite in every way. A devout Christian, soft-spoken, a stickler for the rules. As they patrol the streets they pass a convoy of police cruisers speeding to the scene of a crime, which prompts Eddie to whip the car around to follow them. 

The scene of the crime is a blacktop basketball court, where Eddie is crushed to see AJ hanging from the hoop, dead. While on the scene, Broussard quickly gathers that Eddie rubs Detectives ROSETTI, FOY, FERGUSON and GARCIA the wrong way. Back at the station, Scanlon rejects Eddie’s request to handle the case. Broussard starts to learn why the other cops don’t like Eddie. Years earlier, Eddie was a whistleblower, exposing corruption within the department. As a result of his actions, his own father was forced into early retirement. A decorated cop named Harry Mills (Laurence Fishburne) was at the center of the scandal that got his dad fired, but was never formally implicated. 

Eddie secretly continues working on the case, and believes he has established a connection between AJ’s death and the destruction of the meth lab. He utilizes every street-level contact he has in searching for the truth, including the suave and ruthless gangster named TOFFEE. One by one, dealers and junkies continue to die. Eddie finds that the closer he gets to the truth, the greater he risks his life. He and his partner both survive ambushes, but Eddie continues on, undeterred. 

What he eventually uncovers is a scandal that threatens to bring down his own department and shatter his few remaining relationships within the police force, including his uneasy relationship with Harry Mills – whom he suspects is the ringleader. 

WOW!!!!  This sounds fantastic and right up Tom’s street - will we get to see him as his Rusty Blades alter ego as well?? 🤞🤞 

Thanks for such an in-depth synopsis, really looking forward to it now!  Definitely my kind of film! 👏

30 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The scene of the crime is a blacktop basketball court, where Eddie is crushed to see AJ hanging from the hoop, dead. While on the scene, Broussard quickly gathers that Eddie rubs Detectives ROSETTI, FOY, FERGUSON and GARCIA the wrong way. Back at the station, Scanlon rejects Eddie’s request to handle the case. Broussard starts to learn why the other cops don’t like Eddie. Years earlier, Eddie was a whistleblower, exposing corruption within the department. As a result of his actions, his own father was forced into early retirement. A decorated cop named Harry Mills (Laurence Fishburne) was at the center of the scandal that got his dad fired, but was never formally implicated. 

Nice to see my namesake there! Ha ha!

19 minutes ago, Gail said:

WOW!!!!  This sounds fantastic and right up Tom’s street - will we get to see him as his Rusty Blades alter ego as well?? 🤞🤞 

I was thinking Rusty Blades too! How cool would that be?!

Pffft last I heard Rusty was at the bottom of a bottle of Jack in New Orleans. I guess Thomas could ask him if he wanted to be a part of the show, maybe teach Tom a few cords for some scenes. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Pffft last I heard Rusty was at the bottom of a bottle of Jack in New Orleans. I guess Thomas could ask him if he wanted to be a part of the show, maybe teach Tom a few cords for some scenes. 

That ol' drunken bum needs to get his shit together, stop puking on people's carpets, and lay down some more choonz. His fandom demands it! 😋

Try tellin him that!