kenbastard

WELCOME DRINKS

Hey Mark,

Just relocated to Tyler for a job. We should hang sometime. I've dabbled in a bit of filmmaking etc. and have been looking forward to attending the Dallas Comicon for a bit.

Great to have you here.

Fred

Mark,

Great to see you on the forum!! I'll definitely check out your podcast. I hope top make it to a Dallas con some time. If I don't see you there soon, then I'll look forward to seeing you at the next SD con.

Have fun,

Mike

Guest AdminGuyX

New blood. :)

Welcome to RAW Mark, and don't be shy about pimping the site, and keeping us updated on new content!!

Great to have you aboard, see you in Dallas! ;)

Dude! Because I'm sometimes (especially in your case) a shipping nazi, I'll bring that art to Dallas in January and hand it over personally.

I love it when a plan comes together!

- TB

Mark, now that you're here on the forum, can you take a few minutes and tell us about the HIGHLANDER 2 RENEGADE version? I heard there's no aliens in it.

I'm gonna go pick up a cheesecake, so I can settle in and read all about it.

Welcome!

-Brian

I was on here as panzer. But for the life of me couldnt get my pass word or email to work so , reregestered under my buiz name. Well update profile again.

Again Huge Freaking Fan of Mr. Jane and Mr. Bradstreet!

John

Thought I should stop in and say hi to you fine folks before I start wading into threads with my uninvited, ill-informed Brit opinions! My name's Angela, currently living in Brum, England, but shortly about to decamp for a mammoth jaunt around your very lovely, quite spectacularly enormous country. Found my way to this site from being blown away (pardon the pun) by The Mist and was intrigued to see TJ's and Steve Niles' names bandied about together all over the net - never previously a comic (graphic novel? Is there actually a difference, or is it just that some people prefer using one term or another? Being green to all this, can someone explain it to me??!!) fan but went straight out and bought the first 30 Days of Night after seeing the film (first movie vampires I've enjoyed in a long time who actually kicked some serious ass).

Loving the descriptions I've been reading of Alien Pig Farm, although I'm betting I won't be able to track down any of the issues on our little island!

And this is the last time you'll ever see me include the initials "TJ" in a post - sorry, but it just makes me think of William Shatner. And that's just wrong...

B)

Welcome to the RAW family; I hope you enjoy yourself here.

a comic (graphic novel? Is there actually a difference, or is it just that some people prefer using one term or another? Being green to all this, can someone explain it to me??!!) fan [/i]...

B)

Graphic novel is a highbrow way of referring to comic books. Sometime about 30 years ago, the graphic novel was created and it was essentially a longer comic book standalone story akin to a novel. Then they started collecting a contained story that came out as a monthly comic book in a graphic novel format. So the real difference is that your typical comic book is usually part of a bigger story whereas a graphic novel is a longer contained story. But now you'll find comic books being referred to as graphic novels because some people don't want to admit that they read comic books. Or movies will say based on the graphic novel, when it was really just a comic book series. I hope that makes sense.

Welcome to the forum.

Graphic novel is a highbrow way of referring to comic books. Sometime about 30 years ago, the graphic novel was created and it was essentially a longer comic book standalone story akin to a novel. Then they started collecting a contained story that came out as a monthly comic book in a graphic novel format. So the real difference is that your typical comic book is usually part of a bigger story whereas a graphic novel is a longer contained story. But now you'll find comic books being referred to as graphic novels because some people don't want to admit that they read comic books. Or movies will say based on the graphic novel, when it was really just a comic book series. I hope that makes sense.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers for the explanation Brian, much appreciated!

If you're looking comics in the UK get to the Forbidden Planet store in Brum (there must be one in Birmingham, there's one in Cardiff)

The one in Cardiff is pretty well stocked with all kinds of cool comics, TPBs and various comic toys and paraphernalia.

Failing that get on ebay, loads of sellers selling brand new and back issues of books.

Baz

If you're looking comics in the UK get to the Forbidden Planet store in Brum (there must be one in Birmingham, there's one in Cardiff)

The one in Cardiff is pretty well stocked with all kinds of cool comics, TPBs and various comic toys and paraphernalia.

Failing that get on ebay, loads of sellers selling brand new and back issues of books.

Baz

Thanks Baz. I actually just checked out Nostalgia Comics in the city centre this weekend, which is fantastic. And I managed to get all four issues of Alien Pig Farm 3000 on eBay, which I'm hugely excited about - hopefully they'll arrive this week and I can eat them up!

Cheers guys for all the welcomes x

Hi everyone :)

I'm Dave, new to this site....been a fan of Tom's since Boogie nights.....loved the Mist.....

we don't get much news of what Tom's up to over in Britain,so this site's great for me.....

take care all :)

Welcome to the RAW family Dave. Hope you find this website usefull. We have a great crew and great people here. Enjoy yourself.

-Raffi

Welcome to the RAW family; hope you enjoy yourself here.

Actually stumbled here in my research on Give 'em hell Malone and Mr. Jane. Was pleasantly surprised to see that Mr. Bradstreet was so involved in posters and artwork for movies as well.

To show my age, I recall Mr. Bradstreet's excellent artwork from old FASA Battletech, Shadowrun & Vampire RPG books so many years ago and someplace have a copy of an signed set of Vampire prints from a comic convention in Detroit from long, long ago.

Will be interesting to read up in the forum, just how much Mr. Bradstreet has enhanced his skills and broadened his audiences. Many more years of great work for sure.

Welcome to the RAW family!