WELCOME DRINKS

Hello y'all! Nice evening uh?

Hey Ariane - pull up a chair! 😄

8 minutes ago, Gail said:

Hey Rosella!! Good to see you back in the bar! 👋👋

Thank you, Gail! Feels good to be back. 😁

23 hours ago, Gail said:

Have you got yourself a hot toddy CJ? 🤒

Had myself some hot lemsips thoughout the day.

Feeling a little better today. 

Just thought that I should drop a hello at the bar… I've been lurking since Dec 16th in anticipation of the Q&A. I don't normally post anything but after following along with the recent posts I just can't resist… Hello gals and Geoff, your posts are so entertaining! Everyday I browse through a different thread and find gems and dry nuggets, frequently laughing out loud so my family thinks I'm nuts :)
The Expanse is what brought me to this forum as the Miller character was so well done I had to find out who that actor was...he seemed so familiar in all the right ways and yet I couldn't place the name. The second best part of The Expanse was all the strong female characters and it seems there are some of those in this forum as well. I'm just a newbie here but heading into the dark side with eyes wide shut...

Welcome aboard Tanya - good to meet you!  You will have gathered that this is a forum based on highbrow intellectual discussions.............sorry no, that should read nonsensical whimsy with a heavy Thomas Jane adoration slant! 🥰 🤣🤣 And that’s just me!!

Feel free to dive on in with any or all threads -  have fun!

I feel a sharing moment coming on!  Ladies and Geoff (since you’re the only gent round here these days), I think we’ve had the discussion about how we all discovered The Expanse, but what made you all decide that your life wouldn’t be complete without signing up to the RAW boards?

Hey Tanya! Nice to meet you!

If I were you I would head into the dark side with eyes wide opened. Otherwise you might miss some of the posts, we're mainly silent in here (except Gail when she read about the Wales ComicCon 😉).

I enjoyed Eyes Wide Shut by the way! This velvet light... it was really different from anything else at that time.

58 minutes ago, Tanya said:

your posts are so entertaining! Everyday I browse through a different thread and find gems and dry nuggets, frequently laughing out loud so my family thinks I'm nuts :)

Good question Gail. I'm with Tanya on this one.

Welcome Tanya, nice to meet you 😊 I'm glad you decided to stay and enjoy the forum!

On 1/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, Enaira said:

Good question Gail. I'm with Tanya on this one.

So do I. The enthusiasm, passion and kindness here are contagious and appreciated. Meeting Ariane at the Fedcon confirmed that 🙂 It's great to have a place where you feel free to discuss about almost anything, and not only TJ related stuff.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, Enaira said:

(except Gail when she read about the Wales ComicCon 😉).

Yeah sorry about that - did get a bit overexcited there!! 😆😆

Just to answer my own question, I found the forum after watching The Expanse when it first came to Amazon.  I was so blown away with it I immediately started researching the cast and found that, for the most part, they were active on Twitter and Facebook (neither of which really interested me) but then I was Googling Thomas and found RAW Studios.  "Hello?" I thought, "this looks interesting", had a quick look through and that confirmed it.  Everyone seemed to be really cool and happy to chat about all sorts of subjects.  The first interaction was sending a message through the contact page to Thomas for his 50th birthday, then after that I decided to sign up.  There were a couple of failed attempts due to IT issues and TJ actually answered the query messages I sent in - well, that was that, my devotion was sealed and I've never looked back.  I love the passion, enthusiasm and general camaraderie here, and I hope I've contributed in some small way.  🥰😉

Hmm, I like how this forum is organized with the main page having the moving strip of photos and then the sub pages. The forum with its multiple threads makes having a chat (or several) easier than any other platform I've seen.  I've checked out twitter and there's just so much one way shouting that doesn't interest me (i.e. Trump, who I do not follow but there's enough retweets I see most), likewise Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc just don't work for collaborative discussions. I don't want to try having a conversation with thousands of people, no flaming, no quick judgements, no uninformed angry at the world haters. I'm not against a good argument, those can be fun, show me I'm wrong I can admit it, sometimes.

The two biggest draws for me were, one the lack of advertising, no popups pushing themselves on top of whatever I'm trying to read and two the involvement directly with Thomas and Tim. The items they share catch at you as they are authentic, sometimes raw but not mundane. I'd like to think that Thomas & Tim are ta'veren and want to see what spins around them. 

52 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Hmm, I like how this forum is organized with the main page having the moving strip of photos and then the sub pages.

The two biggest draws for me were, one the lack of advertising, no popups pushing themselves on top of whatever I'm trying to read

Top notch!

We only do chill here at RAW. Welcome aboard. 

Firstly, hello @Tanya - and welcome to the madhouse!

Secondly, apols for my absence; everyone is throwing work at me right now. I really could do with making a clone of myself... or a TARDIS... either way, right now, I really do not have enough hours in a day to get everything done. Or rather, work comes first, leaving very little time for anything else!

Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to catch up with you all soon. 😘

4 hours ago, Nicole said:

everyone is throwing work at me right now.

Nicole, just grab the work in plain air while it's flying towards you and send it back with all your force (including a post-it with your invoice).

Oh hey Tanya, sorry didn't see you come in there. I'm just nursing one at the other end of the bar.  Usually takes me a while to say stuff too, I prefer to listen than talk mostly. But then when I do talk I ramble and don't shut up, then apologise for talking too much. But yeah, you're in good hands here. 

On 1/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, Enaira said:

Nicole, just grab the work in plain air while it's flying towards you and send it back with all your force (including a post-it with your invoice).

Ooh, a plan so cunning, you could pin a tail on it, and call it a weasel! 😋