Geoff

RAW Merch ideas

Early, early days but........................

I am currently putting together some designs for some new RAW tees and other possible items. New logos and images. Tom is on board and I will be sending him over some ideas for approvals before production, likely single orders done to order so please bear with us but please also let me know your ideas and thoughts on what you would like to see. 

35 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Early, early days but........................

I am currently putting together some designs for some new RAW tees and other possible items. New logos and images. Tom is on board and I will be sending him over some ideas for approvals before production, likely single orders done to order so please bear with us but please also let me know your ideas and thoughts on what you would like to see. 

Nice one Geoff, not being of a creative persuasion myself I’m not sure what I can offer, just know what I want when I see it (not exactly helpful I know!)

Thanks Geoff for organizing this. My first thought was to buy a woman sweat-shirt (size XL because I am tall), with a medium size logo on the front (left hand side) and a larger one in the back? The R logo from RAW is perfect I think. The colour... hmmm... orange like this forum with a black logo might be a bit intrusive. I don't know to what extent Tom is willing to keep the original design? I would prefer black colour with an orange logo of it's possible? But basically I will follow all your decision. I am not too picky I believe. 

I guess it all depends on which products will be available. A T-shirt instead of a sweat-shirt would also be an idea.

Open to all ideas and I have the ability to alter the logo colors and scale. I have images that you might not have seen too.

If you look at my profile I have a banner image from Bad Planet with the RAW logo and writing that I now have so am using that for back panels and using the RAW Studios logo in various sizes so I want to have a good half dozen different versions. I have two already with R logo on the sleeve as I like that idea too. Converting onto hoodies etc will be no problem.

Yes logo on the sleeve is a good idea. You are right, the "RAW Studios" in writing with the webpage address is also important (logo alone would be just for people who know RS already and therefore not ok I guess). BTW the positive aspect of a sweat shirt/hoodie is the opening with a zipper on the front. But here also it will depend on what the chosen shop can deliver. 

I always loved the old school RAW logo large on the shirt. 

Geoff, hit me up, I've got some ideas to run by you. 

Early concept 

RAW1 

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (3).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (3).png

3,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png.png

RAW2

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (1).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (1).png

RAW3

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png.png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png.png

3,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png.png

RAW4

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (2).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (4).png

Hot java containers? 

1.png

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

RAW2

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (1).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (1).png

Like this one -orange and black very striking!

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Hot java containers? 

1.png

Yes!

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

RAW4

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (2).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (4).png

My 2 cents:

RAW1 is the "classic" version 

RAW2 looks fantastic with the color combination and the round part used as a planet. Although I understand the idea behind,  it is maybe not authentic to put RAW and The Expanse in the same logo?

RAW3 is completely different and really RAW. But strangely not my favourite (I am new here and got accustomed to the new logo with the R)

RAW4 is the one I currently prefer until I change my mind 😂 Here I would take the orange part from the lower banner away because it is repeating. By doing this the drawings can be scaled bigger and gain importance. I feel this is RAW from my humble newbie point of view. I am also looking forward to a bad planet drawing on the sleeve.

Hot Earl Grey container YES!

All comments welcome. Early stages yet. John had a great idea of some retro RAW stuff too that I'm keen on but will make alterations to find items to suit as many tastes as possible but to fair warn everyone youre looking about £20 - £25 per tshirt (before shipping) currently due to low quantities this could change however as I search further into it.

I'm ok with the price. Even probably a bit more for a hoodie? We'll see. 

Now speaking about spending money and collectible items... do you know where I could buy a Bad Planet novel? Seems kind of a misplaced question. I am sorry to be so late on this forum. But I'd like to have one I could call mine. Maybe there are some prints left? 

Well I got a very positive response from Tom on these so that's a great start. Will do some other designs over the weekend. 

6 hours ago, Enaira said:

Now speaking about spending money and collectible items... do you know where I could buy a Bad Planet novel? Seems kind of a misplaced question. I am sorry to be so late on this forum. But I'd like to have one I could call mine. Maybe there are some prints left? 

I would start with Ebay to be honest. 

Some more ideas and alterations. 

RAW5

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (4).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (5).png

3,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (2).png

RAW6 

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (5).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (6).png

3,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (3).png

RAW7 

1,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (6).png

2,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (7).png

3,width=400,height=400,mediaType=png (4).png

Hello Geoff,

here again my 2 cents:

RAW5: similar to my original vision (but I didn't think about the sleeve). In the meantime a bit "boring" because you showed me with RAW4 what could be done.

RAW6: I prefer the logo in orange than in white, it has more contrast. The color of the shirt itself is okay but less classy than black. The frame around the logo in the back is not necessary in my opinion.

RAW7: good colors, personnally I prefer all logos in orange or in black (here the sleeve is white).

Conclusion: my favorite is still RAW4 because of the drawings with slight mods or RAW7 with slight mods. In both cases I have a dilemma because of the zipper. But that's second priority.

Thanks for the 4 cents, all comments appreciated so we can whittle down options. More to come with some of th Bad Planet art and retro RAW logos. 

This is all SO EXCITING!! 😁

I know it's still really early.....But how's this gonna work, as far as ordering the merch? Will there be an order form set-up on the RAW site? & a way to accept various forms of payment? & what might the estimated prices be in USD? 

Will all designs be available in multiple colors? Because I'd love to see RAW3 with the shade of blue of RAW6. Just sayin'. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to pitch adding a Rusty Blades shirt to the mix, if TJ & TB will allow one. Maybe even one with fake tour dates on the back. 😋 I know...I'm reaching there.