Sign in to follow this  
sidewaysgaze

Heath Ledger · 1979 - 2008

Somehow I just knew you could come up with the exact pic I was talking about TL...damn, but he is creepy ain't he?

This autograph of Heath's - which is apparently his last, is going for $25,000 on Ebay. He signed it at a restaurant in Soho, NYC.

heathsautographye3.jpg

-TL

Damn! 25 grand is a hefty chunk of change. Makes me sad though that Heath couldn't have lived to see that his autograph would one day be worth that much.

JO

Guest FADoss

It's only worth that much because it's supposedly one he signed right before he died and we're in the initial media hype. Samuel L Jackson autographs are only $100 max and a signed piece of notebook paper from him would be around $20 MAYBE (with some form of validation) and he's a big name (I'm a Star Wars geek...I know). I can't think of too many living people you could get to sign a piece of paper and have it be $25K...ANYONE actually.

I'm sure Heath's lookin down on this crazy party being held in his name, and grinning at the whole thing. To think that autograph is worth a quarter of his paycheck for 10 Things I Hate About You.

-TL

Heya's -

I was here, but pretty sick with flu and before that getting my ass kicked by deadlines.

I thought you guys kept above the line and conducted your heated difference of opinion very well.

And a double "well done" for patching things up and moving on.

- TB

It seems Mr. Ledger is still kickin ass 4 months after his death...

All around the country, a massive demand for DARK KNIGHT Joker action figures has developed since the Mattel toyline was released on Thursday May 1st. That craze for Ledger's immortalized form as an action figure has left Batman on the racks all by himself. Walmart and Toys 'R Us are in the middle of a massive hunting season that lasts throughout the entire day.

This is the coveted Movie Masters 6" Joker action figure:

mmsuperjokerdc9.jpgmmjokered7.jpg

I managed to pick up 2 of these bad boys at Walmart on Thursday before lining up to see IRON MAN again. One of the figures I picked up actually came in the wrong package and is labeled as "Gotham City Thug." The ironic thing is, one of the five collectible masks that come with the goon clown figures is actually the mask Heath wears in the bank robbery that opens the film.

The first wave of this line includes:

-The Joker

-Batman

-Goon Clown (with 5 variant masks)

-Unmasked Batman (a very hard to find chase variant of the Batman figure which isn't wearing the cowl revealing Christian Bale's mug)

The second wave out in July which focuses mainly on the first film, is rumored to include:

-Batman (In Batman Begins batsuit)

-Two-Face

-Scarecrow (Batman Begins)

-Fear Toxin Batman (a creepy black-faced chase variant Batman as seen when under the hallucination caused by the fear toxin in Batman Begins)

"This City deserves a better class of criminal and I'm gonna give it to 'em. You'll see, I'll show ya!"

RIP HEATH

-TL

ledgerToy.jpg

I thought Mattel was only releasing two figurines to comic book stores and not toy stores? I guess the demand is that large. Cool!

Further evidence of Mattel's Movie Masters amazing sculpt job...

scarecrow360heathbrz4.jpg

Courtesy of Scarecrow360

Its Heath!!!

Who woulda thought under all the white and red, a mug this Ledger-like could exist?

-TL

*The figure is still currently sold out in most of America.

Things are really heating up with Heath Ledger.

Today I was very happy to see CNN talk about the Oscar buzz surrounding Heath's performance as The Joker.

Co-stars Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart all spoke of their support for the possibility of it with great honesty and enthusiasm.

E! actually did a follow up of that discussion with further comments by the actors and some similar footage of the Trailers.

"From the moment I saw him on the set, I knew he was stealing the show. After a couple of days I knew it was even more than that." -Christian Bale

darkknightposterbxou8.jpg

If Heath takes that statue in February, comic book movies will change...forever. There will be no going back.

-TL

Things are really heating up with Heath Ledger.

Today I was very happy to see CNN talk about the Oscar buzz surrounding Heath's performance as The Joker.

Co-stars Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart all spoke of their support for the possibility of it with great honesty and enthusiasm.

E! actually did a follow up of that discussion with further comments by the actors and some similar footage of the Trailers.

"From the moment I saw him on the set, I knew he was stealing the show. After a couple of days I knew it was even more than that." -Christian Bale

darkknightposterbxou8.jpg

If Heath takes that statue in February, comic book movies will change...forever. There will be no going back.

-TL

Yeah, just about every review I read gushes about his role. It will certainly be something to behold. If it's as good as they say, he definitely deserves that Oscar nomination at the very least.

I personally think he shoulda won for Brokeback Mountain.

Phillip Seymour-Hoffman was not that good in CAPOTE. Toby Jones was a much better Capote in INFAMOUS.

This would be Heath's second Nomination and it should be a win,

-TL

Peter Finch won one for Network. I think he's the only one to win it posthumously.

I'd love to see him win, the Academy Awards just got good again when Lewis won for There Will Be Blood after 3 years of bullshit politics.

-TL

he really deserves the oscar. his performance in dark knight was just stunning.