Geoff

Official Social Media

This is down to SEO in Google. If you Google Thomas Jane his socials come up including Instagram.

If you Google Thomas Jane Instagram then lots and lots of people who have just Thomas Jane (or slight variation) come up first due to SEO but as TJs is cardcarrying_thomasjane it doesn't reconcile in the search findings and as it also still not ticked it doesn't show. 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:58 AM, Geoff said:

This is down to SEO in Google. If you Google Thomas Jane his socials come up including Instagram.

If you Google Thomas Jane Instagram then lots and lots of people who have just Thomas Jane (or slight variation) come up first due to SEO but as TJs is cardcarrying_thomasjane it doesn't reconcile in the search findings and as it also still not ticked it doesn't show. 

Okay, put this down to me being a bit of an I.T. eejit - not a clue what SEO is or what you mean about it not being ticked but I trust you!!  I can see it now I've looked properly........ soz Geoff, it was late on Sunday and I'd been in the sun all day (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

10 hours ago, Gail said:

Okay, put this down to me being a bit of an I.T. eejit - not a clue what SEO is or what you mean about it not being ticked but I trust you!!  I can see it now I've looked properly........ soz Geoff, it was late on Sunday and I'd been in the sun all day (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Lol it stands for Search Engine Optimization.  It's an algorithm that say when you search for something what results come back in Google (other search engines are available) 

Those results are based on lists of other codes, key words etc.

Geek fun lol

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Lol it stands for Search Engine Optimization.  It's an algorithm that say when you search for something what results come back in Google (other search engines are available) 

Those results are based on lists of other codes, key words etc.

Geek fun lol

I see (I think!) - not sure you can teach this old dog new tricks but thanks for the lesson 😁😁

Toms latest offering! (with Cat being clearly involved) 

67838539_161215918323281_6139042538972513887_n.jpg

EEIRWPnUUAEqOOi.jpg

Wow - Tom has a warped sense of humour (and sense of self if he's comparing himself to rodent remains!!)  And I don't care what anyone says, cats are cruel little bar stewards (still love 'em though 😊)

I'd say Cat has a warped sense of humor! 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:46 AM, Geoff said:

Toms latest offering! (with Cat being clearly involved) 

67838539_161215918323281_6139042538972513887_n.jpg

That almost looks like a still from Zombeavers. 🤣

I came home to find one of my gerbils looking just like that. I never did find out which of my mogs was responsible but Mer looked far too pleased with himself.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, Gail said:

cats are cruel little bar stewards

Have you read Dream of a Thousand Cats, Gail? It's by Neil Gaiman, part of the Sandman series. I highly recommend it.

I haven’t, but I’ll look for it 👍

I see this post has offended someone on IG - now been ‘censored’ and a comment been left by someone who clearly doesn’t understand how nature works! 🙄 Honestly, some people.......

2 hours ago, Gail said:

I haven’t, but I’ll look for it 👍

I see this post has offended someone on IG - now been ‘censored’ and a comment been left by someone who clearly doesn’t understand how nature works! 🙄 Honestly, some people.......

Nor how Tom's sense of humour works, clearly. 🤣

Don't ya just love a snowflake - such an easy target!!

1 hour ago, Gail said:

Don't ya just love a snowflake - such an easy target!!

We need The Veganator!

(I know that technically, Tom was 'just' the vegan police... but I like my idea better!)

I just read the comments about the "mouse post" on Tom's insta. Some people are mentioning that his post was "sponsored". Was does that mean? Are those people receiving Tom's post without actively following him?

Oh gosh. Wrong thread 😠

Geoff would you be so kind and shift my question to TJ' thread about social media? Thank you! 

56 minutes ago, Enaira said:

I just read the comments about the "mouse post" on Tom's insta. Some people are mentioning that his post was "sponsored". Was does that mean? Are those people receiving Tom's post without actively following him?

Short version is yes.

Tom let me know that he "boosted" the boost which means he paid a few bucks and it sponsors the link to show up on other members instas. Good idea but not the best one to have done it on. 

Aaahhhh ok!

My personal statistics say he shall use either Miller or Cat (without any blood involved) and then it's bingo 👍🏻😉

8 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Aaahhhh ok!

My personal statistics say he shall use either Miller or Cat (without any blood involved) and then it's bingo 👍🏻😉

Agreed boosted posts have to be a bit more PC but he was a tinkering like a lil tinker so there you have it lol. 

No harm in trying out new stuff! You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Honestly I am kind of happy that he's doing stuff on Insta by himself and takes time to play around as it seems.

I often wondered if you were posting for him. Which surely happens, but not all the time it seems 😉

6 minutes ago, Enaira said:

No harm in trying out new stuff! You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Honestly I am kind of happy that he's doing stuff on Insta by himself and takes time to play around as it seems.

I often wondered if you were posting for him. Which surely happens, but not all the time it seems 😉

With his creative mind. Nope. 

Okay Geoff - you gotta help us out this time, Tom’s ‘creative mind’ has us stumped!  What is his latest IG post about???  I’m guessing by his look that it’s from around 2014 (?) but drawn a blank as to what it is and it’s driving me (and maybe also Ariane) a little bit insane......🤔  I usually get where he’s coming from but this time, nope, nada, zilch!

Blimey you lot are really obsessing!!!!!!

I think the logo is from maybe an American Coupe Da Ville (or something similar) definitely a 50s classic American Car. 

They used to put the chrome badges high up on the driver's door panel . I suspect to the right (or left depending on the side) is the front wheel arch. So it's not glass rather I suspect a black highly polished n waxed car surface.

That's my guess anyways.

Tom has just zoomed in on the logo and framed himself. Very clever pic actually. 

From around 2013 I would guess. 

Found the original. Doesnt give loads more away though. Sorry gang I tried. 

1002875_10153159704475230_1038702520_n.jpg

Thanks! At least we're now sure that it's a car and it's not in Asia, considering the background. 

36 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Found the original. Doesnt give loads more away though. Sorry gang I tried. 

That image looks like a reflection in a bike wing mirror!

For the sake of completeness and for the next generation of RAW members: the solution to the riddle was given by Katrina Ellis on Instagram.

Tom took the picture at the Pebble Beach Concours d'élégance event, in 2013.

https://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/

Maybe someday someone will be able to tell us which car model it was.