Gail

Fedcon 2019

Great clip. 

Hey to you all,

On Saturday I attended the German ComicCon in Dortmund. The original motivation to go there was to finally meet Xander Berkeley (he lured me there!), but he cancelled his visit roughly 10 days before the ComicCon ... history repeating...

Anyway. Strong with a statistic of 2, I started to compare both venues. FedCon is having its strength in the program of conferences and panels, while ComicCon mostly is a merchant enterprise. They didn't even publish a program on their website! 

In both cases the fun lies in the wonderful, hour consuming costume designs of the audience. Having two left hands, I chose a very simple but much to my liking Lieutenant Ripley costume, while my friend spent eveningS designing and creating her Agatha Heterodyne costume. Respect. A must see for Comics lovers.

A highlight was the Q&A with Christopher Lloyd.

Conclusion: I'd rather attend FedCon again than ComicCon (ComicCon was poor, actually reaching nihilism concerning Expanse, had I not met a Miller and a Pur&Kleen lady). Another conclusion is that I'd drive to ComiCon all the same in case Thomas would attend. But I don't recommend it to him 😉

Conclusion 2: Mary Lynn Rajskub was attending on Saturday and I missed her... this is crazy. I loved her in 24 and was envious of @Rosella meeting her. Shit.

PSX_20191208_210834.jpg

PSX_20191208_210813.jpg

PSX_20191208_211136.jpg

9c89d4ca7693e6ac70919243dffa066b_original.jpg

Aw Ariane - shame your star guest cancelled (two for two! ☹️) but I hope you enjoyed it all the same.  Good to see you waving the RAW banner with your outfit!

12 hours ago, Enaira said:

Another conclusion is that I'd drive to ComiCon all the same in case Thomas would attend.

Just for the record, I would walk barefoot over hot coals to see Thomas in person (guess I’m not the only one though 😉)

On 12/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, Gail said:

Aw Ariane - shame your star guest cancelled (two for two! ☹️)

Miller S1 E7: Bad timing... my speciality.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, Enaira said:

Miller S1 E7: Bad timing... my speciality.

Nicely done Ariane! 😉

Great pix

@EnairaIt always sucks when someone you want to see cancels. Hope you get to meet both Xander & Mary Lynn soon! They're both very sweet people in-person & spend a generous amount of time with their fans. 😊 Xander is hilarious! 

Great photos! I'm jealous that you attended a Christopher Lloyd panel. I'd love to meet him one day. 

Thanks Rosella!

A part of me feels really silly. What is this fan instinct and why do I feel the urge to meet some people over some other?

It would really mean something to just say Thank You in person...

@Enaira   You're welcome! Nonsense! I completely understand that thinking. It all depends on whose work has impacted you more. I've been fortunate enough to have met a lot of incredible people through the years, but there are still people I want to meet BADLY. TJ is at the top of that list for sure, but there are others, too. 

I love saying "Thank you's" & getting/giving hugs.