Gail

Fedcon 2019

Hey guys - anyone going to pay The Boss a visit at Fedcon in Germany?  Got all excited about this when I saw they'd  confirmed his appearance (easy trip from UK to Bonn) only to check dates and it clashes with holiday to US.  DAMMIT!!!!! Furiously worked out dates and times but can't make it happen so just wondered if anyone else is taking the trip?

7 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Hey guys - anyone going to pay The Boss a visit at Fedcon in Germany?  Got all excited about this when I saw they'd  confirmed his appearance (easy trip from UK to Bonn) only to check dates and it clashes with holiday to US.  DAMMIT!!!!! Furiously worked out dates and times but can't make it happen so just wondered if anyone else is taking the trip?

It is good news indeed and with fellow Expanse cast members Shohreh Aghdashloo, Nick Tarabay, Cas Anvar, Dominique Tipper & Frankie Adams Its turning into quite the event. You never know, even RAW might be there to cover it!

Tickets can be bought from https://www.fedcon.de/en/

Hope so Geoff - never been to an event like this so would be good to see/hear what goes on!  Just gutted I’m missing the chance to see our guy in the flesh ?

I will keep everyone posted if I can pull off the logistics. ?

Tom is definitely scheduled to attend and I'm looking to get over to cover it all but a lot can happen between now and then with schedules so keep an eye out. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Tom is definitely scheduled to attend and I'm looking to get over to cover it all but a lot can happen between now and then with schedules so keep an eye out. 

Aaaaaaarrggghhhh - you're killing me Geoff!  First you have a night out with TJ, all casual, like it's no big deal, then you confirm he's going to be at Fedcon AND YOU'RE GOING TOO!!!   (Fingers crossed). I know if I was in his presence, cool and down to earth as he seems to be, I would more than likely be reduced to a dribbling idiot, but would love the chance to prove myself wrong!!  Anyway, despite all this I really do hope you manage to get there, we need a full report and you're the guy to do it!

Lot to plan still and depends on schedules so we shall see how we go closer to the time but as it stands now yup Tom will be there and so will I to cover it. 

Hi there,

I live in Aachen, one hour drive to Bonn and I bought my ticket for Saturday June 8th. I am going for the first time to a convention, so I bought an autograph and a photo session, just to be sure not to miss TJ 😉 I am sooo impatient. I guess it may seem cruel since I joined today and you are fans since a longer time. But maybe we can organize a Skype event in the evening? Best regards, Ariane.

The more people from the site there the better along with all the rest of Tom's fans. I  will be there covering it for the site with as many live updates as legally possible. The photograph sessions are always fun too. 

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hi there,

I live in Aachen, one hour drive to Bonn and I bought my ticket for Saturday June 8th. I am going for the first time to a convention, so I bought an autograph and a photo session, just to be sure not to miss TJ 😉 I am sooo impatient. I guess it may seem cruel since I joined today and you are fans since a longer time. But maybe we can organize a Skype event in the evening? Best regards, Ariane.

Hi there Ariane, and welcome to the best community ever!  I've only been on here for a short while myself but a massive fan of TJ so super jealous that you've got got all this organised!  But well done, hope you have a great time and get lots of photos.  Everyone on here is so friendly and knowledgeable with all things RAW, sure you'll have as much fun as I've had wandering round the various boards. 😁

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

The more people from the site there the better along with all the rest of Tom's fans. I  will be there covering it for the site with as many live updates as legally possible. The photograph sessions are always fun too. 

Really wish I could be there, but I'm sure TJ's legion of fans will do us proud, I'd give my right arm and various other parts for a photo with Tom but guess it's just not meant to be this time round. 😢 Hey ho, such is life and all that, will just have to keep my fingers crossed that another opportunity presents itself some day.  🤞

12 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Really wish I could be there, but I'm sure TJ's legion of fans will do us proud, I'd give my right arm and various other parts for a photo with Tom but guess it's just not meant to be this time round. 😢 Hey ho, such is life and all that, will just have to keep my fingers crossed that another opportunity presents itself some day.  🤞

Plenty of opportunities I'm sure. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Plenty of opportunities I'm sure. 

I can only hope 🤞🤞🤞

Hi Geoff, do you know if the Raw Shop still exists? I read in one thread that T-Shirts were available but it was several years ago. If not, I'd like to make one. Do you think there might be copyright issues of some kind? Thanks 

I thought it would be easier to get "recognized" during the FedCon with a T-shirt ...

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Hi Geoff, do you know if the Raw Shop still exists? I read in one thread that T-Shirts were available but it was several years ago. If not, I'd like to make one. Do you think there might be copyright issues of some kind? Thanks 

No RAW merch is currently available. I'm not honestly sure if there is old stock of any kind but it's worth knowing and I'll ask Tom as I don't have one myself and I'd love one. As for reproduction  I'm not sure if copyright or trademark exists on the logo but certainly formal permission would have to be obtained. Will check that also and let you know. 

Perfect thank you!

15 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Perfect thank you!

My pleasure 

Nnnnnooooooooo!

Is this a very bad joke? Thomas has cancelled FedCon. I am speechless. 

Well in the email it sais they cancelled him actually. But this makes even less sense. 

41 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Well in the email it sais they cancelled him actually. But this makes even less sense. 

WTF??  Geoff, any inside info you can share at this point?

Im awaiting confirmation but I did mention at the beginning of the thread that this might be a schedule issue with an upcoming shoot. Im afraid it looks very likely that this has happened. I know Thomas is currently planning a shoot on a new film not discussed here yet and filming is happening very quickly.

I know Thomas was disappointed when we spoke over the weekend but that schedules were being firmed up this week. It would appear that this has happened. Once I know for sure I will confirm everything but I checked Fedcon yesterday and Tom had been removed but I wanted to wait to hear from him before putting up here. 

Please let us know also your own decision. I was looking forward to meeting YOU too 😀

I am currently working on managing my disappointment. I guess I will attend on Saturday as planned, but wander around through the Con, lost, dealing with my broken hopes and dreams, eyes red and agashed. Hmmm... somehow I'll make the best of it but it sucks.

But hey! New movie! Shooting! How exciting. Right?

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Im awaiting confirmation but I did mention at the beginning of the thread that this might be a schedule issue with an upcoming shoot. Im afraid it looks very likely that this has happened. I know Thomas is currently planning a shoot on a new film not discussed here yet and filming is happening very quickly.

I know Thomas was disappointed when we spoke over the weekend but that schedules were being firmed up this week. It would appear that this has happened. Once I know for sure I will confirm everything but I checked Fedcon yesterday and Tom had been removed but I wanted to wait to hear from him before putting up here. 

That’s such a shame, but thanks for the update Geoff.  I thought it must have been something beyond his control, didn’t think he would let his fans down for nothing 

1 minute ago, Enaira said:

Please let us know also your own decision. I was looking forward to meeting YOU too 😀

I am currently working on managing my disappointment. I guess I will attend on Saturday as planned, but wander around through the Con, lost, dealing with my broken hopes and dreams, eyes red and agashed. Hmmm... somehow I'll make the best of it but it sucks.

But hey! New movie! Shooting! How exciting. Right?

Ariane, I’m devastated for you although I know that doesn’t really help.  At least we still have Q&A (we do still have Q&A right??), better than nothing.  Hope you manage to get some enjoyment from the event 🤞