Geoff

Crown Vic (Protect and Serve, Bulletproof)

Ok I understand. There's a lot of debate in France about "The Irishman" which doesn't even try it on the big screens. It's the evolution of the movie media. Too bad indeed for Crown Vic, but you're right: let's wait for the overall numbers including VOD.

Somebody asked in the q and a about downloads. It's out in the UK on Jan 7th but here is a list of where it can be watched currently.

CROWN VIC | Now Playing OnDemand
AppleTV/iTunes: www.apple.co/2qTEkNc
Amazon: www.amzn.to/2NRpzDy
Spectrum: www.bit.ly/2OiKb6B
FandangoNow: www.bit.ly/2rRxPuZ
Vudu: www.bit.ly/2OgUvw5
Letterboxd: www.bit.ly/37gHsDJ
Microsoft Store: www.bit.ly/2KtiZB5

So... today's the day! But it's a negative here in Germany. What am I doing wrong? I don't find the movie. How's your experience in the UK?

Same here Ariane - I can order the DVD (for delivery in about a month!) but not showing to download/rent?

So where would you order it? Here I can't even find the DVD. Ebay has two fake offers from the States and that's all folks 😪

7 minutes ago, Enaira said:

So where would you order it? Here I can't even find the DVD. Ebay has two fake offers from the States and that's all folks 😪

Showing available to order on Amazon UK but it’s bloody expensive (£30 for Blu-ray) - I mean, I love TJ and really want to see this but not made of money!!!!!

Hmmm... this is only a slight improvement compared to my status. Let's put our hopes in Geoff to bring some fresh news as always! 

Hi gang,

OK so not the best news im afraid. The DVD has come out today but only on region 1 discs (US) it can be purchased from amazon.com or through amazon.co.uk but comes from US and is region 1.

Here's the worse news. Screen Media are not handling internal sales which basically means its being sold individually into each country for release so whoever buys it will then determine when its gets released.

Here's the worst news. I have no date for release into Europe or UK and neither does anyone else currently. Could change quite quickly but It might take a while im afraid. 

☹️ That sucks! 

🙀 holly cow! Ok, I'll buy the region 1 DVD. More waiting will do me no good. I wonder where did the January 7th date come from.

4 minutes ago, Enaira said:

I wonder where did the January 7th date come from.

*Ahem, cough*, take a bow Geoff!! 😉

(Although I appreciate that you only passed on information you’d been given so won’t hold it against you!)

Ah! I did mean "why would Screen Media announce January 7th if they don't handle sales". I know Geoff is not responsible 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ah right, with you now - I just take everything Geoff says as the gospel truth!😂

LOL. Cheers for that!

Screen Media did the domestic sales (US sales) but its looks likes they have put it out as a general release on 7th Jan as if you Google something like "UK release date for Crown Vic DVD" then the 7th Jan gets returned as a date, hence the information its only when I couldn't see it this morning that I started to email folks and ask the question. With L.A being 8 hours behind me im only just getting the answers. 

Can’t say any fairer than that 🙂 - guess we’ll just have to keep our eyes peeled!

Thank you Geoff! 

This is being released in Australia next month so now starting to filter out. Name has been changed however and is called "Protect & Serve," 

495e73e7-47ac-11ea-908f-0242ac110004.jpg

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Name has been changed however and is called "Protect & Serve," 

Was this due to audience testing? I'm part of a group that does this kind of thing :)  I guess some wouldn't associate Queen Vic with the car but probably some historical time in Britain instead. Still sounds like a good title. 

2 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

The original title was Crown Vic (I thought Queen Vic was a pub?l) which relates to the Ford Car that the police used for a very long time.

It could be that audiences might not get that reference however yes so the title was changed.

UK rights have now been sold so this WILL get a UK and hopefully EU release. Dont know the date yet though.

Fantastic news - thanks Geoff!!!

(And thanks for all the other updates too!)

Yeahhh!!!

Hoping to have news on UK release this week from UK distributor 

Yay!  😁😁😁 

Will that be just UK or mainland Europe too? 

39 minutes ago, Gail said:

Yay!  😁😁😁 

Will that be just UK or mainland Europe too? 

It's a UK distributor so I'm guessing just UK but will be region 2 do will play in most of EU.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.