Sign in to follow this  
relias33

Jim Lee

This man is like my second favorite artist next to Bradstreet. How he has not yet been mentioned is beyond me!

lee_diptych.jpg

-Raffi

Guest AdminGuyX

His work on The Punisher comics is still my favorite. Deathblow was great too. And I read X-men just because he drew it.

I'm not a big super hero comic guy, but I have always loved his work too.

No one can top his art on the X-Men comics. In my humble opinion.

Guest FADoss

I don't know...there's always Whilce...

uxm281.jpg

Yes yes, also quite the bad ass artist for the X-Men but I dunno, Lee just does it for me Fred. Especially for doing the artwork then. It was tip top at the time.

Guest AdminGuyX

I have always loved Portacio's work too, but never felt he was as good a fit with X-men as Jim was. Jim really defined superhero comics with his work on that book for a generation I thought.

But Whilce has done some awesome, awesome work. I'm a big fan of both guys work.

Jim Lee has been my favorite penciller for years.

His artwork inspired me to do my own comic and there are many talented artist out there who blow me away, but when I saw Mr. Lee's work years back, I was amazed and it did change me.

When a friend showe me his X-Men works, I whom had never followed X-Men comcis, began collecting from that moment on. Wish the guy well always on what he does.

To all who venture into comics, which I found it's harder work than it seems, my best wishes.

I gotta go Byrne and Austin on that note.

- TB

See but for the time Lee was doing the X-Men, I haven't seen comics look so good up until a few years later.

Guest AdminGuyX
I gotta go Byrne and Austin on that note.

I think we're again hitting the age thing here, and John Byrne and Jim Lee, in my mind, both defined the look of super heroes comics in their respective days on X-men.

They were probably 2 of the most copied artists in comics, stylistically in their day, you know?

But from very different decades.

John Byrne's work on Days of Future Past though, I don't think Jim Lee ever had a chance to work on an arc quite that iconic. That story still resonates in comics and movies today.

Byrne and Austin's work on X-men was some of the first comic books I ever read as a kid, so it's always going to have a special place in my heart where comics are concerned. Same with the Dave Cockrum 80's run on X-men. Not sure I saw too much of his 70's work, but I must have, we had cases and cases of the comics around the house.

I dunno about faves, but I started collecting because of his Batman: Hush story. He's probably the only one of the Image pack in the 90's whose art I probably liked after researching and putting together a brief history of comics in high school.

always loved Jim Lee!

picked up Batman Hush HC for a mere $40 at the con last weekend, saved a pretty penny for it only to be blown on beer.