Geoff

The Predator

i thought ol' Ryan G did a fine job in the film. I would have been better.

I second that. ;)

Ignore the reviews. Go see, take your brain out and pop it next to you as you won't need it and enjoy the ride.

Why do people keep saying that in order to enjoy it, one has to take out their brain? :blink:

I cant see anything wrong with the film. It was fun exciting. Said about the other films in it. Etc. Left it open for another one. Some people these days.

Anytime there's a reboot, remake, or sequel, fans find a reason to get upset.

THE PREDATOR made #1 at the Box Office with $24 million! Overseas, it brought in an additional $30.7 million!

Granted, there's still a ways to go to make back &/or surpass its budget, but $54.7 million is pretty good. & this is just weekend one. So you just gotta keep spreading the word about it.

Wow thats a lot of Money.

When I went to the cinema yesterday there was a few people there. They seem to enjoy the film. I did.

I dont know why people moan when they do sequels. There are some movies that shouldnt be touch and predator isnt one of them. There is room for more films I would like to know how they become how they was made. Why do they keep coming back to earth etc. I know its just a movie etc but it does ask some questions.

And extra bonus Thomas Jane. The man gets sexier very hot. Lol.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/what-s-on/review-of-the-predator-1-5699991

Short A typical review from my home town but still saying the same thing. Tom and Keegan steal the scenes.

the-predator-poster-imax-1131450.jpeg

I agree!

Amazon has preorders due for the 25th.

Already, damn. Booking mine in lol

PREDATOR QUESTIONS (just answer what you can):
Q1 -- Who was the voice of the Predators for this one? I didn’t catch the name in the credits.
Q2 -- After the fire fight, when Baxley flies up and gets stuck on the tree, why does he look so good? He was just on fire. Shouldn’t he have been more burned up? Maybe I’m missing something, but that just didn’t make sense to me.
Q3 -- Why does Baxley have a hula dancer statue to represent him? What does it mean?
Q4 -- Did you get to keep any props?
Q5 -- Was there a specific reason that Baxley had Tourette’s syndrome -- was that an idea for the character since the beginning? Or was that something that was decided later on when it came to rounding him out to make him stand out more? Did you study &/or meet real people who have Tourette’s in order to portray it accurately?

excellent review!

thx for that, I agree with most of it

to answer a couple of your questions:

Baxley is fire proof. at least when it comes to digital fire. i guess when we shot it we weren't aware how much fire they were gonna add. honestly, a crispy critter baxley nailed to the tree would not have been the greatest visual...

the hula girl was something shane added at the end; he wanted to call back all the guys but Bax didn't really have any props, so: hula girl. just a joke, and not a great one.

i kept baxley's necklace, which played in a couple scenes but hit the cutting room floor.

shane had the idea that Bax has tourette's - tough to play. i was pretty nervous about it. but i have a friend, a stunt guy named pete antico who has the big t. he happened to be up in vancouver for a couple weeks so we hung out - a lot. pete saved my ass. also, check out

https://www.touretteshero.com/

i used a bunch of stuff from these great people, who have created a kind of "tic diary" that is nothing short of amazing.

tourette's isn't just a lot of grunting and jerking: some truly sublime shit comes out of their mouths sometimes.

thanks for all the great feedback folks.

i'm glad you dug the film. maybe not the predator i would have done, but working with shane was a real pleasure.

maybe we'll get to do it again sometime.

next up is cop flick Crown Vic, which is being edited right now.

with any luck it will hit sundance next year.

see ya'll on the flip side.

T

excellent review!

Baxley is fire proof. at least when it comes to digital fire. i guess when we shot it we weren't aware how much fire they were gonna add. honestly, a crispy critter baxley nailed to the tree would not have been the greatest visual...

the hula girl was something shane added at the end; he wanted to call back all the guys but Bax didn't really have any props, so: hula girl. just a joke, and not a great one.

i kept baxley's necklace, which played in a couple scenes but hit the cutting room floor.

shane had the idea that Bax has tourette's - tough to play. i was pretty nervous about it. but i have a friend, a stunt guy named pete antico who has the big t. he happened to be up in vancouver for a couple weeks so we hung out - a lot. pete saved my ass. also, check out

i used a bunch of stuff from these great people, who have created a kind of "tic diary" that is nothing short of amazing.

tourette's isn't just a lot of grunting and jerking: some truly sublime shit comes out of their mouths sometimes.

i'm glad you dug the film. maybe not the predator i would have done, but working with shane was a real pleasure.

T

We gotta ask Boss. what would you have done different for your version?

excellent review!

T

Thank you for taking the time to read my review, TJ! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it. :D

& thank you so much for answering more of my questions!! Baxley being fireproof -- Clever!

I thought maybe the hula girl came from another lover from Baxley's past OR that it represented a piece of paradise Baxley dreamed of visiting one day. That's cool you got to keep the necklace!

You did a remarkable job. I recently saw the video you had made about endorsing Pete Antico for SAG-AFTRA president in 2017, so I had looked him up earlier. He has quite an impressive body of work, both acting/stunts. I'm happy you were able to get a lot of insights from him & apply what you learned for the role. Thanks for the link! I'll definitely take a look & read more about it.

Thanks for stopping by & hanging out with us! *HUGS* We appreciate it immensely. You're welcome to chat (& lurk) with us anytime. B)

New Chinese poster is pretty cool

Predator.jpg?ssl=1

I missed it at the cinema! I will have to wait for it to come out on blueray!

Whoa. I would've liked to have seen some Predator-monkey hybrids.

https://youtu.be/UV8boO-iPHo

The Predator Holiday Christmas Special...............made me laugh!

:lol: That's a lot of stop-motion blood!

Did anyone get or give THE PREDATOR BLU-RAY/DVD for Christmas? I received a cool copy of the box set from Wal-Mart. It comes with a key chain. :D

https://meaww.com/jake-busey-tribute-to-gary-busey-deleted-in-predator-predator-2

I agree with this as we have all mentioned parts that Jake's role and the nod and link to his dad and Predator 2 was massively under used. You cant help but think what Shane must have been thinking during editing or was he even present? or maybe it was just studio pressure to alter.

https://youtu.be/a8yhdePFEvY Yeah I've been waiting for the "Honest" trailer. Still made me chuckle though.