Pics from LA premiere.

sterling-k-brown-olivia-munn-yvonne-stra

To all the negative reviews we salute you! (I cant wait to watch this frickin flick tomorrow night, tickets booked)

DlqKlnuV4AAhRPN.jpg

Tom left an update on the main page. What are you waiting for, check it out!

Read & enjoyed. & of course, I love that selfie. :wub:

Yo people!

haven't been on the ol forum in feels like forever...

hope ya'll dug the new Pred post under the NEWS

So Toronto Midnight Madness screening went pretty freaking good!

lots of laughs and I'll be damned if we didn't get some serious applause, and not just at the end.

as for the "other matter" all i can say is wtf. I've got to spend my limited brain cells on different t'ings.

Like: is it moral for aliens to rip out your spine for sport? Or do you need some justification, no matter how petty?

so I've been getting emails from some newbies trying to sign up and join, but they're having trouble.

as in can't sign up.

did we hit our quota or something?

I'll look into that asap

anyone has any ideas let me know

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think of Predator

contrary to popular belief, i do lurk every now n then.

and i appreciate everyone's thoughts, no matter what they are.

they actually help me out a lot! (like: oops, guess i won't be doing that kind of part/joke/haircut in the near future...)

I'll be on and off the forum this week and next.

anybody got a question, hit me here on this thread.

I'll do my best to answer it!

I'll be checking in this weekend to see what ya'll think and PLEASE

if you like what i do, go see the film this weekend! every bit of B.O. helps, trust me

(and I mean box office; i've got plenty of the other kind.)

Got the LA premiere on WED night.

wish us luck, moviefans

PS: did anyone see the shout out to the Raw Boards with Kevin Smith at comicon?

cool dude but man, his trousers don't fit ;)

TJ...is that really you? :blink: WELCOME BACK, TOM! Or since you've been 'lurking around here,' I guess...just...HELLO, AGAIN! *waves*

As far as the alien question....I don't think any spine-ripping for sport would be moral. As far as the newbie trouble, I don't think it's because we met a quota. Maybe their emails when signing up are ending up in their spam folders? Is that a thing? Maybe John knows what's happening.

I can't wait to see THE PREDATOR! I never listen to film critics (pros or random tweeters). I'm just glad I get to see another movie of yours on the pretty big screen (A.X.L. was also fun to see).

Are you saying that no one walked into a barbershop & asked for the Det. Miller? ^_^ For what it's worth, I liked it. But I even liked your long hair & long beard look (your DA MAN cover looks super cool). But I will say this...your look now.....makes you look 10-15 years younger. & I'm not just typing that because I know you'll read it. ;) I saw those TIFF photos, & it looked like you went back in time.

If you weren't in THE PREDATOR, I wouldn't be seeing it. THAT'S how devoted I am to your work.

Hope you guys & gal bring in the big bucks this weekend. *fingers & toes crossed for luck*

Missed the RAW shoutout, but thank you for giving us one! :D

Oh yeah

I'm gonna be at MONSTERPALOOZA this Sunday around 1pm or so

I'll be with the great Fred Dekker!

Monster Squad!

Night of the Creeps!

Robocop 3!

and Predator!

we'll be talking about, well, monsters, i guess.

how i got myself into this i dunno!

but i'm going with it.

if you're in the hood, swing on by

say hi to me and Fred after the er, monster talk.

http://www.monsterpalooza.com/fall/

http://www.monsterpalooza.com/fall/guests.html

ps: it is NOT 3:47 am, as per the timestamp.

weirdly, it is 3:47 am in London right now

wtf up w that?

Have fun with your monsters & fans!! :P & go meet some awesome famous folks if you get a chance (Marshall Bell is a delight).

NON-PREDATOR-RELATED QUESTIONS (if that's OK...feel free to answer any from the list below):

Q1 -- What's the status on A MAGINFICENT DEATH FROM A SHATTERED HAND? Is it going to happen within the next 2 years?

Q2 -- Is Rusty Blades planning to record any more music?

Q3 -- When is RAW getting another new store?

Q4 -- Any chance of you attending more conventions (horror or comic) in the the Midwest (*cough* HorrorHound Weekend Indy *cough*)?

Q5 -- Why aren't you on Instagram? Your pics are GORGEOUS!

That's just off the top of my head. :)

Thanks for posting those lovely pictures, Geoff!! :wub:

I'll look into it. I know we've been getting hit with a lot of spam bots over the last year, I've obliterated hundreds already before they've hit the forums. The new members are more than likely berried in that mess. I'll find 'em!

I'll be seeing The Predator tomorrow. I'm ready for it!

Also from me how much of your dialogue was actually improvised?

This film was so good. I really enjoyed it. So glad they released it. Will there be a sequel.

NON-PREDATOR-RELATED QUESTIONS (if that's OK...feel free to answer any from the list below):

Q1 -- What's the status on A MAGINFICENT DEATH FROM A SHATTERED HAND? Is it going to happen within the next 2 years?

Q2 -- Is Rusty Blades planning to record any more music?

Q3 -- When is RAW getting another new store?

Q4 -- Any chance of you attending more conventions (horror or comic) in the the Midwest (*cough* HorrorHound Weekend Indy *cough*)?

Q5 -- Why aren't you on Instagram? Your pics are GORGEOUS!

That's just off the top of my head. :)

its Sat night and looks like the Pred is gonna do great at the box office - good for everyone all around

I'll check back in tmrw eve - after the old monster's ball.

a few quick answers:

A MAGINFICENT DEATH FROM A SHATTERED HAND

is in turnaround, meaning its in the back of my old desk drawer.

we've had a couple opportunities to make the film, but not with enough money to do it right (meaning the way i want to do it)

to do that, i'll need to make another film and prove my chops.

that film might be a project currently titled RETURNER, based on a pretty terrific screenplay by Chad Law, and rewritten by myself

the nutshell is a supernatural action drama set in 1930s Chigago - we're talking gangsters, prohibition and randy flapper girls.

it's also a kind of Gothic romance with heavy Noir undertones (natch)

we're about to start shopping that around

also on the list is a pretty terrific book i found called Selena by Greg Barth:

this is an old school, 70s style revenge flick starring a seriously fucked up stripper cum prostie, doped up, sad and drifting through life, until she steals the wrong thing and is raped and nearly killed by the Bad Men Who Should Die. goes back home to Kentucky to recuperate with her trailer park father, who dusts off her grandfather's old shotguns, cuts down the barrels and teaches Selena how to shoot... and that's just act one.

couple other things in the hopper. i have a good feeling that i'll be directing again soon: it's time to give back to the community that i've learned so much from - and make some kick ass little films.

Is Rusty Blades planning to record any more music?

Rusty has about six songs that are demo's. i've heard them -- 5 of them are gems.

i'm hoping that he'll pass this way again in the next couple years and i'll be able to hold him down long enough to lay down some tracks.

time will tell

When is RAW getting another new store?

well, never say never, but probably never.

that makes the old stuff collectible items!

Any chance of you attending more conventions (horror or comic) in the the Midwest (*cough* HorrorHound Weekend Indy *cough*)?

see above. I mean, anythings possible. but don't hold yer breath!

the Con's i've done over the years have been a blast.

you might know that we pulled out of SDCC a couple years ago, currently subletting our booth to John Carpenter's wife, Sandy, a terrif gal and her books are pretty darn cool check em out

""Also from me how much of your dialogue was actually improvised?""

IMPROVISED?? you don't think Shane and Fred spent countless hours slaving over a hot computer working out the finer details of brilliant comedy?

no. they didn't. i mean they did, but then we kept forgetting the lines.

trying new stuff. fucking wit it. you know, improvising.

you might not know this but i rarely (never) watch myself in films anymore.

so i really couldn't tell you what they kept in and cut out.

on set it was about 50/50

as for InstaGram, Harlow keeps telling me to get on there.

personally i believe social media is devil's work.

think of how many books you could read in the time it takes to wade through Twits or Faces...

think about what will you remember as you lay dying in your bed, thinking back on a life well spent?

Of Mice and Men, or those cat photos? People bitching about the infamy-du-jour, what vital thought they had about what-that-guy had the gall to say out loud, or the way the moon looked on that special night - you know, the one when your phone broke and you had nothing in your hand, so you looked up at the night sky?

Harlow says Instagram is the best of the bunch though: pics being a thousand words, art, photog, etc.

maybe.

not.

I'll look into it. I know we've been getting hit with a lot of spam bots over the last year, I've obliterated hundreds already before they've hit the forums. The new members are more than likely berried in that mess. I'll find 'em!

I'll be seeing The Predator tomorrow. I'm ready for it!

thanks John!

the great Johnny Walker has helped me update some stuff.

also i signed up for Akismet and plugged it in - that should help!

please let me know - email me - if it doesn't stem the flow of strange robotic bullshit that plagues our phones, computers, minds and lives.

what is AI good for? why, selling you shit, of course..

thus it will always be, unitl we overthrow our robot overlords.

One question though that's been nagging me for a while: More Shane Black films on the way? You two were meant to work together.

Shane and I had a great time together.

I met Shane when he asked me to do a staged reading of NICE GUYS at the SXSW in Austin (did i get that right? one of those festivals) a few years ago. flew down and we had a blast. the reading went gangbusters; folks loved it.

Shane tapped me to do Ryan's part (the part i read at the reading) but hi-de-fucking-ho, i was in Toronto filming the Expanse.

i thought ol' Ryan G did a fine job in the film. I would have been better.

What about an official RAW Insta?

Shane and I had a great time together.

I met Shane when he asked me to do a staged reading of NICE GUYS at the SXSW in Austin (did i get that right? one of those festivals) a few years ago. flew down and we had a blast. the reading went gangbusters; folks loved it.

Shane tapped me to do Ryan's part (the part i read at the reading) but hi-de-fucking-ho, i was in Toronto filming the Expanse.

i thought ol' Ryan G did a fine job in the film. I would have been better.

On man I didn't know this. You and Russell Crowe would have been brilliant.

Predator review: CAUTION!!! Spoilers ahead.

As a long time fan of the franchise, I've dug all the new elements brought by the other films (The AvP films don't count). The Predator is different, yet familiar. Black didn't go for a nostalgia grab, as some have hinted (there are nods to the previous films, but for a reason). This film is large, violent, and has the classic Black humor to it.

I want to get a few things aired out now, and if you disagree, fine. You can. The bad reviews are getting a lot wrong. Let's go back to the third film, the Berserker Predator. People flipped out. "That's not Predator! That's wrong!". Now we have the new film, and very much to my liking, Black and Dekker (maybe it should be Dekker and Black...?) took the story and added to the mythos. Those that say the Predators would never "upgrade" themselves, and that's not how the Predators do it, I would like to know where you get that information from? The comics? Ok? Is that cannon? The thing I have always thought was this, reverse the roles: is every human a solider, or an electrician? No, we are diverse, and we don't see eye to eye. Even hunters are different. I know hunters who are straight up bow hunters, no tech allowed. You take a pack and go into the woods and hunt. I also know hunters with state of the art tech and high powered, tricked out rifles. So, claiming a whole planet of Predators are all the same is a load of shit.

That aside, some of the characters in the film are just there for killing, and I'm fine with that. That's what we want to see the big guy do, right? Pretty sure he wasn't going to quote Shakespeare.

Keegan and Tom are a great duo. (Damn you Black). They bounce off each other pretty good. I see you guys working again in the future. At least, you should. Get Black on that script! Sterling Brown was a good villian, just a straight up dick. My gripe there is I don't remember him biting the bullet. Boyd was another stand out. His attitude in the film was great.

Now, look. You need to go into this thinking it's a fun film. So many negative reviews are setting it up as a failure for reasons I mentioned above, and because it's not trying to win Oscar gold. It is what it is, fun! Fucking lots of it too.

Tom, I do want to ask, do you talk to Shane often? If so pass on, that my son is on spectrum, and how it was portraied in the film during the fire alarm scene is spot on. I appreciate that. I see my 6 year old go through that, and he catches flack at school when he gets overwhelmed. Tell him thank for shining even a small light on that.

I say, go see it. It's different, but it plays in the sandbox. Of the three films, the have gone in order of favorites for me, but this slid into the #2 spot.

I agree with John on all counts. The film is a popcorn flick and a damn good one. My only gripe were the dogs are out of place. I get it but to me it's out of place.

Tom steals the entire film here. The cast do well but in all the scenes Baxley is in he owns.

Some good nods and a few in jokes. Great score so much that I thought it was a Silvestri one.

It's actually thought out too not just a film for the sake of it but actually develops the over all story arch for the cannon.

Ignore the reviews. Go see, take your brain out and pop it next to you as you won't need it and enjoy the ride.

Tom, I do want to ask, do you talk to Shane often? If so pass on, that my son is on spectrum, and how it was portraied in the film during the fire alarm scene is spot on. I appreciate that. I see my 6 year old go through that, and he catches flack at school when he gets overwhelmed. Tell him thank for shining even a small light on that.

I say, go see it. It's different, but it plays in the sandbox. Of the three films, the have gone in order of favorites for me, but this slid into the #2 spot.

i will definitely tell him. he will appreciate that. we also worked to show the ptsd of soldiers in a real light. the 1980s were all about muscle and big guns. in 2018, we should be feeling the cost of war on the folks who still endure it.

#2! that's a huge compliment. i know a lot of other folks feel the same way. full house at monsterpalooza today. lot of love for the film. it's a crowd film, a film you wanna see with an audience on friday or sat night for sure...

half the fun is sitting with an audience while they get all the references and in-jokes to the past movies. i've listened to the audience twice now, once in Toronto and again in LA: they have a great time.

mission accomplished.

a few quick answers:

A MAGINFICENT DEATH FROM A SHATTERED HAND

is in turnaround, meaning its in the back of my old desk drawer.

we've had a couple opportunities to make the film, but not with enough money to do it right (meaning the way i want to do it)

to do that, i'll need to make another film and prove my chops.

that film might be a project currently titled RETURNER, based on a pretty terrific screenplay by Chad Law, and rewritten by myself

the nutshell is a supernatural action drama set in 1930s Chigago - we're talking gangsters, prohibition and randy flapper girls.

it's also a kind of Gothic romance with heavy Noir undertones (natch)

we're about to start shopping that around

also on the list is a pretty terrific book i found called Selena by Greg Barth:

this is an old school, 70s style revenge flick starring a seriously fucked up stripper cum prostie, doped up, sad and drifting through life, until she steals the wrong thing and is raped and nearly killed by the Bad Men Who Should Die. goes back home to Kentucky to recuperate with her trailer park father, who dusts off her grandfather's old shotguns, cuts down the barrels and teaches Selena how to shoot... and that's just act one.

couple other things in the hopper. i have a good feeling that i'll be directing again soon: it's time to give back to the community that i've learned so much from - and make some kick ass little films.

Is Rusty Blades planning to record any more music?

Rusty has about six songs that are demo's. i've heard them -- 5 of them are gems.

i'm hoping that he'll pass this way again in the next couple years and i'll be able to hold him down long enough to lay down some tracks.

time will tell

When is RAW getting another new store?

well, never say never, but probably never.

that makes the old stuff collectible items!

Any chance of you attending more conventions (horror or comic) in the the Midwest (*cough* HorrorHound Weekend Indy *cough*)?

see above. I mean, anythings possible. but don't hold yer breath!

the Con's i've done over the years have been a blast.

you might know that we pulled out of SDCC a couple years ago, currently subletting our booth to John Carpenter's wife, Sandy, a terrif gal and her books are pretty darn cool check em out

as for InstaGram, Harlow keeps telling me to get on there.

personally i believe social media is devil's work.

think of how many books you could read in the time it takes to wade through Twits or Faces...

think about what will you remember as you lay dying in your bed, thinking back on a life well spent?

Of Mice and Men, or those cat photos? People bitching about the infamy-du-jour, what vital thought they had about what-that-guy had the gall to say out loud, or the way the moon looked on that special night - you know, the one when your phone broke and you had nothing in your hand, so you looked up at the night sky?

Harlow says Instagram is the best of the bunch though: pics being a thousand words, art, photog, etc.

maybe.

not.

Thank you for A-ing my Q’s, TJ!!! :wub:
AMDFASH -- I understand. I don’t think you should rush it, either. I think it should be the film that you can really be proud of making. So keep it in the drawer for as long as need be. We’ll be ready when you’re ready. RETURNER sounds incredible. It’s also cool that you’re collaborating with Law. I’ve only seen DRIVE HARD of his, but this unique storyline seems promising. I hope you plan on starring in it, as well (please). You + Noir = Cinematic gold! Just sayin.’
Selena sounds very intense. I’ll be sure to check it out. I see that that’s a series of books, so that should give you plenty of material to adapt. Directing again soon -- YES! Little films count, too. & TV/streaming shows, as well.
Yay for Rusty Blades! Hope he perfects that 6th demo to your liking. I’m just happy he’s still out there, making music. :D Please tell him we’re all fans of his music & that “New Valentine” is beyond beautiful.
No store -- Bummer. Those collectibles shall be forever treasured.
Well, I’ve been holding my breath since 2010, & I refuse to give up the dream of meeting you at a con one day. I honestly think you’d enjoy attending Mask Fest in Indy (they partner up with HorrorHound). So if you ever get the invite from them, please (pretty please with sugar & a cherry on top) accept it. Just one show. One day. That’s all I ask.
Mike mentioned that he got to help out at Carpenter’s booth at SDCC this year, which was very cool. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully, the RAW booth will be resurrected in the future when another BAD PLANET vol. comes out.
Harlow’s right -- Instagram would be the best one for you. It’s less time-consuming. You take your pic. You post it. You’re done. Instagram is more show, less tell. Worth considering for another second.
I used to read a 400+ pg. book in 2 days. Now it takes me longer, so you’re right about that. But it’s not just social media that keeps me from reading; it’s real life, too. & movies. Ummmm….the cat photos? Actually, I’d be remembering the cats more than the photos, so I totally get what you’re saying. However, my cat Bale, whom I had for nearly 12 years, sadly passed away last month. Looking at old pics of her has brought back some great memories, & I’m glad those kinds of moments were documented. But no, I don’t need to snap a photo of every meal I eat or every cloud I spot.
Soooo…if you’re not gonna Twit or Face or Insta your life, maybe you could just post more often on here (or via the NEWS). In between your work/personal life, of course. & only when ya really wanna. No pressure or arm twists. I promise. ;)
Well, thank you again for the insightful responses, TJ!! I wholeheartedly appreciate your taking the time. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

I saw THE PREDATOR yesterday with my family. Now, keep in mind that neither of us have ever seen any of the original movies or any of the sequels. So going in with this one, we went in completely fresh & new. We all agree -- IT’S THE BEST PREDATOR WE’VE EVER SEEN!

What’s up with the bad reviews? I’ve read a couple, & I just don’t get why they were turned off by so many elements. Is the movie perfect? No, but it doesn’t deserve to have it’s spine ripped out.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD! TURN BACK NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET!

….LAST CHANCE……

…..I MEAN IT…..

I thought THE PREDATOR delivered plenty of guts & gory & shocking violence. I liked that those moments happened so fast. If you blinked, you’d miss ‘em. I loved the nostalgia of this movie; it didn't feel like a movie from 2018. It felt like something that could've been made in the 80's/90's.

My brother & I really enjoyed the humorous side. It was believable that at a time when aliens invade Earth, there’s gonna be a group of guys still cracking jokes together about what’s going on. So the fact that it wasn’t all ‘serious business’ worked really well. I love ‘the Loonies.’ I think everyone in that group had great chemistry together. Then, when Casey joined the men, there was a bit of an awkward unbalance, but it was nice to see a strong female take care of herself without overshadowing any of the men’s capabilities. Everyone pretty much held their own & took care of themselves. Them taking over the bus made me think of CON AIR. :P

My mom loved the family element of it, which definitely made it have a nice extra layer of emotion. Rather than just being about men in gear firing at men in armor & oh yeah….shooting at an alien species from another planet. The addition of the kid being caught up in the mess & gunfire made it more intense, I think.

Once the main cast started dying, we kept losing them so quickly. There wasn’t really enough time to grieve. So I think the movie could’ve been slightly longer -- maybe by another 15-20 minutes.

Awesome final scene! So now humans get to be Predators -- Nice! Let’s suit up! B)

It was refreshing to see such a big action-packed movie also be so character-driven.

BAXLEY (THOMAS JANE): So I guess Baxley ain’t coming back for the sequel (boooo!) It’s no surprise, but Baxley’s my favorite character. I know I may be a little bias here, but I seriously believe TJ delivered the best performance out of everyone, because he acted so different from what we’ve seen of his work from the past. & his performance, thanks mainly due to his Tourette’s syndrome & twitches, meant that he had to always keep that going. So even when he wasn’t the one speaking or blurting out obscenities, he was still interesting to watch.

I’m just happy he got to play a funny character, again. Had he been cast as Quinn, he would’ve been great, sure, but it would’ve felt like other movies when he’s the leader of the group. This time, getting to see TJ in a more supportive, more ‘character actor’ type role just felt right & made me smile/laugh so much. Most of Baxley’s lines should end up on T-shirts for this movie (the aardvark line for one (where are the T-shirts, anyways?)). I love when he saw the Predator & said, “Alien.” Great delivery/expression! He knew. He knew what was happening. ^_^

I love when Baxley sat back down on the couch, too. Then his only reasoning for going along to hunt down the Predator was a beauty -- “I just wanna be famous.” :lol: Too bad people won’t ever know.

I was very sad that Baxley was the first to be killed of the group. Not surprised. I had a feeling he’d get killed, but I actually thought his Tourette’s would cost him his life. Like he’d blurt out something inappropriate & then the Tracker Predator (is that his name?) would turn around & slice him up.

There was such a sweet moment when Baxley says that he never left that I quite liked. Just that simple line said a lot about him as a person.

It was so heartbreaking when Baxley & Coyle shot each other. They knew they weren’t gonna survive & that that was their only way out. But imagine if either one had missed. That would’ve been bad. Really, really bad. I’m just glad that they didn’t shoot themselves. That would’ve been worse.

I almost screamed, “Nooooo!” when Baxley hurled himself at the Predator on fire. I have a question about that moment, but I’ll get to that later. That was a cool literal fire fight.

COYLE (KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY): Coyle is my 2nd favorite character (obviously). Outside of this movie, he’s the only other Loony I recognized. In the movie, he’s just the life of the party. Love when he kept making bets on Casey grabbing the gun & firing it. & every time he tried to get a rise out of Baxley was just funny to see. These two really did bounce off best with each other. Nothing seemed to faze him. He just had a “let’s do this!” attitude about him, & I love Keegan’s smile.

His death -- that was hard to look at. :blink:

I was hoping that Baxley & Coyle would’ve been the only survivors left standing at the end. Rory, too. They couldn’t kill Rory.

QUINN MCKENNA (BOYD HOLBROOK): He was a great lead. I like that he mailed the Predator’s gear to himself, rather than just taking it & burying it somewhere in the woods to revisit later. Using the mail just seemed more practical. I’m also happy that he didn’t fall in love with Casey. Not every action needs a romance. Rory needed to be his main priority.

Love that alien-looking silhouette of him with the other soldiers at the end -- favorite shot!

Quinn also had a great last line.

CASEY BRACKETT (OLIVIA MUNN): I liked that she was amazed by Predator while he was sleeping, but then was scared of him when he woke up & started killing people. But when Predator spared her life, I thought she should’ve made a bigger deal about that. I knew that Munn wanted Casey to only hold a gun when it made sense, & they pulled that off. I also thought it was a great moment when she shot herself with a dart & lost sensation in her leg, then hopped onto the motorcycle on the front of Quinn.

Her waking up in the motel room was a priceless moment & funny scene. Them placing items on the bed to comfort her was so nice.

I don’t get why Traeger & his people brought her in in the first place, though. They had a lot of people in that lab who knew what they were doing. I kind of thought she’d join up with Traeger on the hunt, then would switch sides later on.

I liked those Predator Dogs, but I don't think they should've made a friend out of one of them. It was cute but too convenient.

RORY MCKENNA (JACOB TREMBLAY): Very smart kid. Tremblay did a great job playing him. One of my favorite scenes was him going trick o’ treating wearing Predator’s helmet as a mask. It did remind me of WONDER, the other movie he went trick o’ treating in, but in that, his character loved a night of getting candy & hiding behind a mask, whereas this time around, he still wasn’t comfortable. Also, a house didn’t get blown up in WONDER. That was a big explosion! I’m happy he survived.

NEBRASKA WILLIAMS (TREVANTE RHODES): Out of all of the backstories, his was the most gut-wrenching. His death was the most heroic. I just wish he hadn’t smoked around Rory.

NETTLES (AUGUSTO AGUILARA): Bona fide scene stealer, too. He just had such a lively personality. I liked his tin foil unicorn, too. I didn’t expect his legs to get sliced. He could’ve lived through that, right? They weren’t that high off the ground, were they?

LYNCH (ALFIE ALLEN): He’s a cutie. Loved his look! Just wish his role had been bigger.

TRAEGER (STERLING K. BROWN): I didn’t like him. He seemed too cocky & arrogant. I understand that he’s the antagonist we’re supposed to root against, but he was over the top in some scenes. Why was he laughing so much? Why was he constantly chewing gum? Is he meant to represent people in powerful positions who shouldn’t have powerful positions? Is that it? I think he should’ve played it more straight in order to have been more intimidating. He’s an okay villain, but had he just pulled back a little more, he would’ve been great.

EMILY (YVONNE STRAHOVSKI): She should’ve left the house & got in on some of the action, too. It was her child who was in danger. Not sure why she was sidelined.

KEYES (JAKE BUSEY): I wish he had had more screen time, too. I was disappointed that Keyes wasn’t gonna be able to make it & tag along to go out into the field with everyone else. But for little time we saw him, he was wonderful in the role. Did he get killed? I know he had blood on him, but did he die from that?

Well, those are my thoughts on the movie. Overall, I really enjoyed it & was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. I saw it at an earlier time (2:45pm); if I had to guess, I’d say there were maybe 16 or 17 people in the audience, people of all ages, including a baby. I don’t think the baby will remember what he saw, but he never cried, so I’ll just think that means he liked it, too. ;)

Thank you for reading my review!!

PREDATOR QUESTIONS (just answer what you can):

Q1 -- Who was the voice of the Predators for this one? I didn’t catch the name in the credits.

Q2 -- After the fire fight, when Baxley flies up and gets stuck on the tree, why does he look so good? He was just on fire. Shouldn’t he have been more burned up? Maybe I’m missing something, but that just didn’t make sense to me.

Q3 -- Why does Baxley have a hula dancer statue to represent him? What does it mean?

Q4 -- Did you get to keep any props?

Q5 -- Was there a specific reason that Baxley had Tourette’s syndrome -- was that an idea for the character since the beginning? Or was that something that was decided later on when it came to rounding him out to make him stand out more? Did you study &/or meet real people who have Tourette’s in order to portray it accurately?

Hi just got back from watching it again. I loved it even more the second time around. And found myself laughing as well at the funny bites. And was like oh shit when it all kicked off.

The boy was really good. Still as loads of thumbs up from me.

Hi just got back from watching it again. I loved it even more the second time around. And found myself laughing as well at the funny bites. And was like oh shit when it all kicked off.

The boy was really good. Still as loads of thumbs up from me.

That's cool that you went & saw it, again. :D I really enjoyed, too, so I don't get the negative reviews. *shrugs* They can't please every fan.

I cant see anything wrong with the film. It was fun exciting. Said about the other films in it. Etc. Left it open for another one. Some people these days.