Jump to content
Adam Stines

How is everyone?

Recommended Posts

Man life just has a way of hanging things up sometimes..I haven't been on the Forums for quite some time..So whose still onboard ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, Adam! Thanks for stopping by, again! I'm still on here. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!  This seemed like a good time for a catch up and see how everyone is doing with the various lockdown situations.  How are you coping with it, and what have you been doing to occupy your time?  Learnt any new skills or rediscovered some old ones?  Seen any good movies or TV, or read any books that you can recommend?  Any gripes you need to get off your chest?

(To be honest, since I've probably got another couple of weeks at home I guess I'm looking for some inspiration to fill the time till I can get back to complaining about having to go to work! 😂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gail said:

Hey all!  This seemed like a good time for a catch up and see how everyone is doing with the various lockdown situations.  How are you coping with it, and what have you been doing to occupy your time?  Learnt any new skills or rediscovered some old ones?  Seen any good movies or TV, or read any books that you can recommend?  Any gripes you need to get off your chest?

(To be honest, since I've probably got another couple of weeks at home I guess I'm looking for some inspiration to fill the time till I can get back to complaining about having to go to work! 😂)

Hey Gail .How  are you ? I hope everyone is safe at home . Thanks for checking on us . It’s been torture for me lol. I’ve been doing online teaching so it’s really hectic . We were suppose to have summer vacation so I was going to go home back to South Africa but I’m not sure if airports will be open . So stressed about that . I’ve started baking lmao and I’m not much of a baker . I’ve also been re watching(for like the 5th time )  this awesome series you may know it called EXPANSE 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Take care everyone . We will get through this . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi both, we're safe and well, thanks. 10 weeks is a long time though and I can't wait for the "new normal" to settle in and to start working for real again. Managing kids plus home office work is heavy. My oldest is at school 1 day per week... (second time today, yeah) but it makes things worse for my youngest, not amused to spend the whole day with me... let's hope his pre-school opens again in june...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gail said:

What have you been doing to occupy your time?  Learnt any new skills or rediscovered some old ones?  Seen any good movies or TV, or read any books that you can recommend?  Any gripes you need to get off your chest?

I'm crashing on the couch every evening, exhausted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Hi both, we're safe and well, thanks. 10 weeks is a long time though and I can't wait for the "new normal" to settle in and to start working for real again. Managing kids plus home office work is heavy. My oldest is at school 1 day per week... (second time today, yeah) but it makes things worse for my youngest, not amused to spend the whole day with me... let's hope his pre-school opens again in june...

Oh my word . It’s probably so hectic for you . Do the kids not have a vacation from July to September? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Samantha 24 said:

 I’ve been doing online teaching so it’s really hectic .

What do you teach Samantha? 

3 hours ago, Samantha 24 said:

We were suppose to have summer vacation so I was going to go home back to South Africa but I’m not sure if airports will be open . So stressed about that .

Oh sorry about that. It might still work though.

I was stuck away from home last Xmas due to a major strike...no trains... now I'm a bit like you hoping to make it in July and reach my dear brittany... so I can relate to how you feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Samantha 24 said:

Oh my word . It’s probably so hectic for you . Do the kids not have a vacation from July to September? 

Yes 6 weeks July until mid August... we'll see... the adults do not have 6 weeks of holiday available ... but one thing after the other 🤷🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Samantha 24 said:

I’ve also been re watching(for like the 5th time )  this awesome series you may know it called EXPANSE 

Now we know how and why you joined this forum: Milllllleeer !!! 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enaira said:

Now we know how and why you joined this forum: Milllllleeer !!! 😍

Lmfao I actually had no idea about this forum. I was following the wrong Thomas Jane On Instagram  for years 😂😂😂😂😂. It was only when Geoff messaged me and said that this isn’t the right Thomas . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Enaira said:

What do you teach Samantha? 

Oh sorry about that. It might still work though.

I was stuck away from home last Xmas due to a major strike...no trains... now I'm a bit like you hoping to make it in July and reach my dear brittany... so I can relate to how you feel. 

I am a home room teacher in the UAE. I teach Maths, English and Science grade 3 . I just hope this all ends soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool! Geoff genuinely saved someone! 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Cool! Geoff genuinely saved someone! 👍🏻

Definitely . All these people on Instagram pretending to be other people. It’s Crazy . Are you from Germany ? . How are things there in terms of the virus ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Samantha 24 said:

Definitely . All these people on Instagram pretending to be other people. It’s Crazy . Are you from Germany ? . How are things there in terms of the virus ? 

It's calming down after 10 weeks. There are only local clusters now. I know 7 people who got it and were lucky since it wasn't too bad.

But the real improvement (if any) in our life will be after mid August: until then the kids are allowed just 1d/week at school. So I can barely work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Enaira said:

It's calming down after 10 weeks. There are only local clusters now. I know 7 people who got it and were lucky since it wasn't too bad.

But the real improvement (if any) in our life will be after mid August: until then the kids are allowed just 1d/week at school. So I can barely work. 

Oh no . I am so sorry about that . We have to be strong during this crisis . South Africa’s numbers are rising even though they are on lockdown and so is the UAE.  However I hope that Slowly but surely everything will get better . :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely! I can't complain. This is a life changing event for so many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Gail,  things been pretty much at a lull atm. Been playing LOTRO pretty much every day, watching films on Netflix/Amazon been having a bit of a Johnny Depp phase, going through some of his older work and films I'd missed such as The Tourist and The Professor, watching SEAL:Team on Now TV and a couple of action films on Netflix, Extraction with Chris Hemsworth recently.  Books - I've started reading Master and Commander, apparently there's 20 books in the series so that's going to be fun, had to go watch Far side of the World which is based on them,  just because its an old favourite. Got 2 witcher books on audio to listen to some time. 

Hope some of that gives you ides and good to hear from you. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - you two seem to be busy ladies!  I don't envy either of you with the home schooling, I'm sure it's difficult whether you're the teacher or the pupil, or indeed the parent trying to keep up whilst working from home!  Although Ariane I'm sure your boy secretly enjoys having you all to himself for one day a week 😉 

It's a shame about your trip home possibly being off Samantha, you must have been really looking forward to seeing family and friends again, got my fingers crossed for you 🤞. But on the (minor!) plus side, thanks to the lovely Mr W you've found us now, so feel free to vent if you need to! 😉 

I have to admit that I've so far resisted another binge watch of The Expanse but that only because we did that just before the lockdown - kinda wish I'd saved it now, but the temptation to go in again is strong!  I've seen S1-3 about six or seven times now, with three watches of S4 and still spotting things I'd not noticed before.  The sign of a good production methinks!  Although I did have a little Thomas-fest last week and watched Standoff and The Punisher back to back 🥰

As far as The Virus goes, fortunately I don't personally know anyone who's had it, which considering the infection rate in the UK is nothing short of miraculous - I just really want life to get back to some kind of normality over the next couple of months.  I have a big day planned in August! 😂😁

Stay safe ladies, and I'm so glad you're holding up okay - we will get through this 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Hey Gail,  things been pretty much at a lull atm. Been playing LOTRO pretty much every day, watching films on Netflix/Amazon been having a bit of a Johnny Depp phase, going through some of his older work and films I'd missed such as The Tourist and The Professor, watching SEAL:Team on Now TV and a couple of action films on Netflix, Extraction with Chris Hemsworth recently.  Books - I've started reading Master and Commander, apparently there's 20 books in the series so that's going to be fun, had to go watch Far side of the World which is based on them,  just because its an old favourite. Got 2 witcher books on audio to listen to some time. 

Hope some of that gives you ides and good to hear from you. :) 

Hey CJ! It sounds like you're in about the same boat as me!  I've got so bored of trawling round for things to entertain me it's just not funny any more 😩 I really wish I was creative or artistic but sadly that's not my area of expertise......  We don't have Sky or Now TV but do have Amazon and Netflix so watched all sorts of things I wouldn't normally look at.  Gotta say though that we finally gave in and started watching Stranger Things to see what the fuss was about and ended up watching all 3 seasons in less than a week - loved it!  We watched Extraction when it came out as well - quite enjoyed it, will watch the sequel if it gets made.  Also adored After Life - never been a massive Ricky Gervais fan but I have never watched anything before that had me laughing one minute and sobbing literally the next minute, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I'll have to get stuck into The Expanse books and get a heads up on what's on the way! 😉

Good to hear from you too CJ, hope you and yours are all keeping well 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and by the way Ariane - the curse of the VW Audi Group has struck me too 😡 A spring has broken on the suspension due to corrosion which my ex-mechanic Beloved thinks is appalling, the car is only four years old with fairly low mileage but Audi UK have basically shrugged their collective shoulders and walked away.  So we’re out of pocket for the business end of £500 and that’s at ‘mates rates’ through my work 😡😡😡  They really know how to make you feel like valued customers don’t they? 
(That’s my gripe vented for today 😉)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villain Wreck=VW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But we’re not bitter.............much 😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to have news from you RAWfriends. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well and that the situation is getting better where you live 🙂 Especially with those travel, home school and VW/audi difficulties 🤞

Life is slowly coming back here, as our governement said in a typical swiss way : "As quickly as possible and as slowly as necessary". Going back to work was truly a relief. But as you can imagine, libraries need some major adjustments in this current situation. So we had to think of the best ways to open and adapt our services to our patrons. Those past weeks were pretty intense, and we are curently working one day at a time to be honest.

I haven't watched a lot of movies/series recently, but finally started The Office us. It's the kind of shows that I need right now 😊 Otherwise, reading a lot those days, as we are lucky to have a sunny weather here.

Stay safe everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...