Guest AdminGuyX

So, 2016, what's on your agenda?

Guest AdminGuyX

I ain't talking about your fucking new years resolutions. I'm talking about plans, trips, fun, work, maybe you're buying a new gun, or a new car, or a new house. Whatever. Just thought some folks might enjoy showing off new toys, or discussing positive, fun stuff that 2016 has in store for them.

For me, a trip to Vegas is in order, maybe a trip to Maine, maybe a trip to Orlando. Maybe a trip to Atlanta to work on a few films. Maybe.

I have a few new comics getting off the ground, so I'll start with what is likely going to be the cover of a new comic.

6BF_cover_BampW_zpsmrjy4mhl.jpg

That sound like a blast!

I just started a new job, so a lot of focus there this year. Its a good one so long hours!

Plan on working towards my 3rd Dan in Shotokan Karate this year. Lot to prep for as there is only 1 test known as Randori (taken from an Aikido test) basiclly a multi attack. If they put you down you dont pass, simple, but its brutal but after this then honour you with 4th,5th,6th Dans etc so this is the highest grade you can actually reach so we me now being 40 thats a big deal to train for.

Apart from that I wnt to live, enjoy my family and life, hang out here at the bar more wth great company.

I studied Hapkido and Tae Kwon Do from the ages of 13-20. I never earned a black belt during that time back in the 70s and 80s. It was very old school taught by an instructor from Korea that grew up in a martial arts monastery. I've tried picking up martial arts several times, but I ended being asked to teach at every school and was offered black belts without even testing. It's so much more of a business today than it was back then.

More than 25 years later I went to my old instructor and he just handed me a black belt. I am guessing it was because I knew as much or more than his current brown and black belts. When I was practicing with his senior students, they kept saying that they were never taught the techniques I was responding with. I told them neither was I and that I was just reacting and executing without thinking. they were of course all based on techniques I learned, but I think that's the whole point.

I used to fight in a lot of tournaments. Unfortunately I was a big kid and when I was 16, I was 5'11" and 185lbs., so they made me fight heavy weight men's brown/black belt division, rather than junior division. That was somewhat intimidating, but even more so, when the first time it happened I saw that Sam Jones (Flash Gordon) was fighting in the same division. I never actually fought him, but I was already defeated at that point anyway, since so much more of fighting is in the mind.

Those days are now long over, I am too old, fat, and slow to pose a threat to anyone, but it is fun to reminisce.

It has been a minute my Raw brothers and sisters! I hope you're all doing well.

For me, my 2016 is about relocating from Detroit to California. It's looking like it may happen sooner than later actually (within a couple of months, finally!). Lucky for me, my work in property management is something I can take with me anywhere and I have been foruntate enough to come accross companies interest in me in the L.A. area. The idea here is to settle down somewhere, work my day job, work out rigorously, and take acting classes with reputable coaches/teachers in L.A. after work. Hopefully I can get lined up with an agent and go from there! 2016 is all about living the dream. Not a resoultion - A need in my life. Fuck resolutions.

Raffi,

That sounds GREAT!!! Hopefully I'll get a chance to bump into you sometime. At least you can visit us at the Long Beach show. Good luck making it all come together!

Mike

Mike,

Thanks brother, we shall see what comes of it all! When is the Long Beach show? If I am in town, and you, Tim and crew are a part of this, then you better believe my ass will be there!

-Raf

Helping my son plan his wedding and possibly starting college.

Guest AdminGuyX

Raffi!! Holy shit you're still alive.

Good luck in LA!

Mike, I studied Tae Kwon Do for a few years in my youth. I was very young though and didn't stick with it. Always wanted to take it up again.

Joyce, good luck with school! Hope the wedding goes well.

Noeland! I'm alive and well my friend!

Mike - Unfortunately if this opportunity comes to life, I won't be around until March!

Well its Saturday night, quiet, relaxing, and pondering my 2016. So here goes, finiah my degree in October, save money, go back to the US in July next year for summer this time, no snow! Probably go to NYC, New Orleans, san diego (comic-con hopefully to meet a few fellow fans or Tim/Tom ;)) then finish off with Vegas before heading home again to the land of Oz :) or maybe ill just stay and get a job there!

I will probably also check the spelling in my posts throughout 2016 as well... :)