Geoff

Hello???

8 hours ago, The Goktor said:

Gail, what do you do for a living? Or are you lucky enough to be a lady of leisure? 😀

I wish!  Sadly I still have to keep earning --- and this is where I start to feel woefully inadequate 😕. I mean, I'm in the company of head honchos (Geoff), boffins (Ariane 😉) and talented and successful business women (your good self), along with many other creative and imaginative individuals, and I, erm, am an accounts assistant at a car dealership.  Been there for the last 21 years (and 8 days, not that I'm counting), so either doing something right or managing to stay under the radar (coupled with a lack of either ambition or self confidence, not sure which).  Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I do enjoy it and I love my team, every day is a laugh which helps and being classed as one of the Old Guard does occasionally have its perks.

Bet you're sorry you asked now!! 😂

13 minutes ago, Gail said:

I wish!  Sadly I still have to keep earning --- and this is where I start to feel woefully inadequate 😕. I mean, I'm in the company of head honchos (Geoff), boffins (Ariane 😉) and talented and successful business women (your good self), along with many other creative and imaginative individuals, and I, erm, am an accounts assistant at a car dealership.  Been there for the last 21 years (and 8 days, not that I'm counting), so either doing something right or managing to stay under the radar (coupled with a lack of either ambition or self confidence, not sure which).  Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I do enjoy it and I love my team, every day is a laugh which helps and being classed as one of the Old Guard does occasionally have its perks.

Bet you're sorry you asked now!! 😂

Not in the slightest - I'm always interested in what others do, and find it so cool that we all come from different walks of life! I think it's brilliant that you love working there; it makes life so much easier when you have a great team, doesn't it?

BTW, I cannot imagine why on earth you might lack confidence - you're great! And clearly very erudite, eloquent, and witty... it's a winning combination, I tell you! ❤️

8 minutes ago, The Goktor said:

Not in the slightest - I'm always interested in what others do, and find it so cool that we all come from different walks of life! I think it's brilliant that you love working there; it makes life so much easier when you have a great team, doesn't it?

BTW, I cannot imagine why on earth you might lack confidence - you're great! And clearly very erudite, eloquent, and witty... it's a winning combination, I tell you! ❤️

Aw bless you for saying so, you're very kind and that does lift my chin a bit ☺️ I like to think I'm probably a good person to have in a team, but I'll never be a leader!