Geoff

Hello???

Hmmmm... you're still inside your cocoon remember? So any threats you express come out muffled and mostly incomprehensible... keep on talking ... yes yes... hmmmm...

For my part I do hope we'll have fun during the next 2 weeks! Especially with the on-coming Malone panty line 😁 I'm sure TJ will not disappoint me!

If I can add 2 and 2 however, it seems you'll be back just in time for the Crimson Blues shooting. So enjoy your time off and come back safely please. 

Ah yes, I forgot that bit - will have to REALLY SHOUT!

I will absolutely laugh my a$$ off if your idea's been taken on board - I'd buy some purely for novelty value! 🤣🤣

Hey Ariane - here's a thought!  Maybe The Three Amigos (TJ, TB & GW) would like to do us an autographed pair each, no printing needed, just a Sharpie pen and Bob's your uncle!  Or are you holding out for the official Malone undercrackers? 😂😂

7 hours ago, Gail said:

Hey Ariane - here's a thought!  Maybe The Three Amigos (TJ, TB & GW) would like to do us an autographed pair each, no printing needed, just a Sharpie pen and Bob's your uncle!  Or are you holding out for the official Malone undercrackers? 😂😂

Bob's my uncle? 😳 is this another exotic British saying?

What you're suggesting above (personal drawing from TB, autographs from TJ and GW) is a beautiful daydream and would make me very happy no matter on which support it is made. Still it's a daydream...

A bunch of funny t-shirts or mugs or whatever kitchen towels 🤣 would be perfectly ok though. I don't really know what to expect, you never know with those 3!

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Bob's my uncle? 😳 is this another exotic British saying?

I think 'exotic' might be stretching a point, but yes, it's yet another British one - possibly started from references to nepotism in government (no-one seems positive on that), but basically means 'there you go!'

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

What you're suggesting above (personal drawing from TB, autographs from TJ and GW) is a beautiful daydream and would make me very happy no matter on which support it is made. Still it's a daydream...

God yes - a drawing from Mr B would be fantastic!  We can always dream......

(You do realise that we're on totally the wrong thread for this conversation - I can almost see Geoff's eye starting to twitch from here *now mentally picturing Commissioner Dreyfus from The Pink Panther films 😆*)

Lol. In the Bar most things go.

I'm flattered to be in included 

Have a fantastic holiday Gail!

Will do, thanks Geoff 😉

13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'm flattered to be in included

Included?  Geoff you’re part of the furniture matey, always included! 👍

On 9/7/2019 at 10:22 AM, Gail said:

Included?  Geoff you’re part of the furniture matey, always included! 👍

But only if you bring custom-printed drinking vessels. 🤭

(I'm pretending I haven't just read a conversation about printed and autographed knickers.)

Or indeed any drinking vessels 🍺🥃🍸🍷

(And yes, you did just read that conversation!!)

2 hours ago, Gail said:

Or indeed any drinking vessels 🍺🥃🍸🍷

(And yes, you did just read that conversation!!)

No, no, I really didn't. 

**covers eyes, and sings lalalalalaaaa**

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

It's 15:30, and I have finished work for the day. WTH? 🤯 I'm going to the theatre tonight (not the cinema!), so came to a natural break in my work, and decided to stop because if I didn't, I'd still be at it as I need to be out of the door this evening. Said theatre is a 20 minute walk away... and a storm has just started raging. Bloody typical!

What's everyone else up to this evening/weekend?

May I ask what your second job is?

I've been killing sooo many hours in airports and stations. Right now in train, coming back home after 1 week. Can't wait to see my boys.

And what piece you will see tonight? 

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

May I ask what your second job is?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you!

🤭

My primary business is my food and travel blog, which involves me doing absolutely everything, from recipe development (and cooking, of course!), writing/editing, and photography/editing, to web management, light coding, PR, and a ton of other stuff. I also write for several food magazines - both online and in print. From time to time, I'll be commissioned to develop recipes for brands or supermarkets.

My second job is freelance vegan baker and caterer. TBH though, I really don't enjoy the catering any more, so in January, I made the decision to only take on a couple of contracts a year. The bakery side of things involves me supplying local eateries with cakes and savouries. I'm also in the process of setting up an online shop to sell some of my bakes via mail order.

When living overseas, I did a lot of freelance writing and editing, and web management (mostly for US clients), and I still do occasional bits and pieces now, if called upon. It makes a nice change to write about subjects other than food and travel!

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

I've been killing sooo many hours in airports and stations. Right now in train, coming back home after 1 week. Can't wait to see my boys.

So what do you do for a living? Is that what's been keeping you away from your family?

1 hour ago, Enaira said:

And what piece you will see tonight? 

Roots by 1927. Really looking forward to it. ❤️

In the night, a thick tangled root had grown from the boy’s navel, and a tough fleshy root had grown from the girl’s navel, and these roots were connected to their mother’s navel, rooting the three of them together.   

They tried to cut the roots. But they could not….  

Sitting on a shelf in the British library is an unassuming red book.   

“The Aarne index” has categorised thousands of folktales, offering a glimpse into the imaginations of pre-industrialised people.  

1927’s “roots” is a medley of these rarely told stories.   

Tales of tyrannical ogres, magic bird’s hearts and very, very fat cats will be brought to life with 1927’s signature fusion of handcrafted animation and storytelling, with a live score involving  Peruvian prayer boxes, donkeys jaws, violins and musical saws. 

Join us after the show for a discussion with the 1927 company, chaired by Will Wollen, University of Kent. Free. All welcome.

Here's a bit about the company... https://www.19-27.co.uk/1927-1

Hope you liked it! Sounds good, with nice optical and musical effects! 

13 hours ago, The Goktor said:

So what do you do for a living? Is that what's been keeping you away from your family?

Yes exactly, I am working in R&D, developing new generation of insulating glass. I am travelling regularly. 

Geoff, you’re v. quiet at the moment - busy with Renegade or just life in general?  

On 9/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, The Goktor said:

My second job is freelance vegan baker and caterer. The bakery side of things involves me supplying local eateries with cakes and savouries.

Wow, you certainly have specific equipment at home? I wonder how it is possible to bake so much with just one person... I guess that the orders are not just for 1-2 cakes and a loaf of bread... impressive.

Yes I can understand that doing "everything" is both too much and really great at the same time in order to break the routine.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:54 AM, Gail said:

Geoff, you’re v. quiet at the moment - busy with Renegade or just life in general?  

Sorry normal day stuff kicking my ass.

Renegade stuff starting to gather some pace.

Good to have you back Geoff, was beginning to worry you’d been kidnapped or something!  🙂

On 9/28/2019 at 6:39 AM, Enaira said:

Hope you liked it! Sounds good, with nice optical and musical effects! 

I did, I loved it! It was incredibly cool, and so well done. The theatre is lovely, and very bijou - our first time there but not our last, I suspect. The talk with the film makers afterward was very interesting, especially when we discovered that the music was 90% improvised! There were some amazing instruments, too. I had very strong hankerings to go back into theatre, sadly, I don't have the time, though.

On 9/28/2019 at 6:53 AM, Enaira said:

Yes exactly, I am working in R&D, developing new generation of insulating glass. I am travelling regularly. 

Oh, that sounds pretty interesting. For domestic or industrial applications? Or both? If your work brings you to London (or thereabouts), do let us know! 

On 9/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, Enaira said:

Wow, you certainly have specific equipment at home? I wonder how it is possible to bake so much with just one person... I guess that the orders are not just for 1-2 cakes and a loaf of bread... impressive.

I do; I have several ovens! The individual orders are never huge but combined, yes, sometimes I've been baking solidly for 10 hours or more. I don't do bread though - my friend, Ben, has his own bread bakery, so we don't tread on each other's toes!

Now the tourist season has ended though, my customers don't need as much, which from a financial POV, isn't so good but from every other, it's great! Plus, K and I want to move to be closer to his family, and plan to do so before next summer, so I need to wind down the bakery side of things, and build up the online business, so that my income is not location-dependent. So far, so good!

========================

Gail, what do you do for a living? Or are you lucky enough to be a lady of leisure? 😀