Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

Hot Summer Nights

www.hollwoodreporter.com reporting the film by Elijah Bynum set over a summer in Cape Cod starring Thomas Jane, Maia Mitchell & Emory Cohan. The film written by Bynum will be set in 1991 and will revolve around a single summer in the life of a young boy, falling in love, getting into drugs. No news I can see yet on TJ's role within the film.

Awesome!

And they appear to be filming now in Atlanta. Perhaps Tom could go & play a zombie when he's done shooting his scenes for this film. ;)

This has now go into post production and TJ appears to have wrapped filming. Not sure on the scale of the role as yet. More details to follow.

This has now go into post production and TJ appears to have wrapped filming. Not sure on the scale of the role as yet. More details to follow.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Geoff!! TJ seems to be doing so much lately that it's become hard to keep up. :) That's a good thing, though.

278198-hot-summer-nights-0-230-0-345-cro

Not sure whatever happened to this flick but Ive never had a chance to see it.

And as if by magic. Being released Mid July. New trailer found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ROSS9ReUY&feature=youtu.be

Magic! B) I've been wondering what happened to this film.

It was nice of them to fit TJ in the trailer near the end. I was waiting for him. ^_^

Yeah, not sure on his screen time for this. Not seen it yet.

Yeah, not sure on his screen time for this. Not seen it yet.

We can only hope that he's in more than two scenes, but it's pretty cool that they used his audio to narrate a portion of the trailer.

I finally got around to watching this last night.

Strange film in so much as I dont think it knows what its trying to be. Part Drama, Part crime, Part coming of age, part comedy it was odd, but saying that easy to watch. Thomas is only in a handful of scenes but the role doesn't give much more that that to the story arch. He delivers on point as normal and his role as Sheriff and dad to one of the daughters being dated actually gives each of one his scenes a different aspect which was very cool to watch. 

Threatening in the first scene, father in the second, strange sort of role model in the third scene (providing a catalyst to change of the the lead boys in the flick) then appears in few of the final scenes so I guess from Thomas' point of view (although Ive not asked him) each scene gave him something different to work with.

Timothee Chalamet is actually pretty good in the lead and as an already Academy Award nominee you can see him bringing some acting chop to his lead role which he does well but overall at the end of the film you're kinda left with a "meh" sorta feeling.

One for Toms fans just for the collection but not one to write home about IMO.