Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

New Punisher?

....And no I'm not talking about the mentioned Netflix TV series rather the new rumours that a certain Tom Hardy has voiced wanting to play Mr Castle in an up to date version.

What are the thoughts on this???

Not interested in Tom Hardy playing Frank....after watching Daredevil on Netflix - and I'm certain most people who have would agree with me - it is very clear that the best way to bring Frank back is on a Netflix series. I don't think Tom Hardy would commit to the character like our man Jane has....in Hardy's interview expressing his interest in playing the character, he didn't even know Punisher's actual name and had to be reminded....couple strikes right there.

We need Tom Jane to come back and bring his gritty Dirty Laundry character into Netflix.

Two words: Wrong Tom <_<

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, Raf, but TJ is all done with Frank, and if memory serves he wasn't terribly interested in the character at first because he thought The Punisher was a super hero.

Hardy could play Frank Castle really well if it was a solid script and director, I have no doubt. He would learn all about Frank through research.

I have to admit though, after devouring Daredevil on netflix, I would love to see The Punisher be a reoccurring character in season 2, who transitions into his own series.

All that said, I think fans would completely lose their shit if TJ showed up as Frank Castle on Daredevil. Don't tell anybody, keep it a secret until the show airs. It would be incredible.

Looks like you're getting your wish, Noeland....Frank Castle is joining the 2nd season of Netflix's Daredevil.......BUT it's not our Tom. :( BUT it's also not Tom Hardy, either (so that should be somewhat comforting, Raffi).

And the new Frank Castle is..........JON BERNTHAL?!?!? Really? :blink: Did NOT see that one coming.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/daredevil-walking-dead-star-jon-bernthal-joins-marvels-netflix-show-as-antihero-the-punisher-10309307.html

(don't you just love that shot they chose of TJ? ^_^ )

Thoughts? Yay? Nay? Or don't really care either way so long as Frank is back?

It's good casting. Sure, I'd love to see Tom back, but the last few interviews, Tom has kind of passed on the character. I think that he'll always have the love for Frank, but I don't think people are seeing it the way he does. I hope we get more "bootleg" outing though. That's the Punisher I was looking forward to.

Daredevil was pretty good, I hope they let Punisher be as dark as he needs to be. So far the tone fits.

Warzone had potential, but they went the wrong Ennis route. They took the MK version instead of the MAX version, and to be honest, I still can't believe Ennis put out shit that bad. There were some good stories in that run, but a lot were pretty bad. MAX was when he took it to where in needed to be. Not sure where Frank is now days. Kind of dropped out of the Superhero comic scene. Hope he's in good hands.

jon bernthal is the new punisher! great choice!!! maybe now i'll check out dare devil

Guest AdminGuyX

I think Bernthal is a good choice as well. It speaks to the direction they'll be taking the character in and I'm very much looking forward to seeing season 2.